Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zainwolf

Thread: Madvapes single coil tank replacement cartomizer 1.7 ohm

Madvapes single coil tank replacement cartomizer 1.7 ohm

Another really inexpensive item today that made me very happy! I got these from Madvapes so will have to assume they're from Smoktech, but I wouldn't swear to that in a court of law. (Why any court would waste time on this is beyond me!)

They're flanged and have 3 holes pre-drilled so I'd expect they would possibly wick even Boba's Bounty or other thick VG juices. I'll never know because I filled up with some PG based RY4 and cranked the voltage up a bit on the Lava Tube. 4.1V really gives nice big hits for me.

For a "pre-dotted" carto these weight in at a very slim $1.79 each so I do believe I'll be stocking up on them for my black delrin 5ml tank which I believe is also from Smoktech. (I got mine from Healthcabin) the delrin tank has the nice slot that the flange locks into which makes getting the tank on or off of a PV very easy. I hate when I go to unscrew a tank and it just wants to spin on the carto, with nothing to grab onto. That won't ever be an issue here.

We'll update down the road with a report on their longevity, but I expect it to last as well as any Smoktech dual coil inside a tank. I get the feeling that just the one coil will perhaps lend to a slightly longer lifespan.

Somehow, I've already gone through half a tank of Hangsen RY4 despite having had an afternoon nap!

I got a solid week out of this carto before the flavour started to degrade, it was developing a rather burned taste after heavy daily use. I also noticed as the carto got older it would start turning the juice darker in the tank. I blew a lot of very dark juice out of it and refilled but the burned taste was persistent so I swapped it out in the end. I might try cleaning it out but for now the new one is vaping happily. It took a bit of vaping on before it "woke up" and performed as well as the first, I might not have filled the carto itself enough because it was weakish at first but the level in the tank has dropped a fair bit now and it's rocking again. We'll see how long the second one lasts before I order more or try cleaning the first one. At $1.79 a pop I'm not overly fussed if I only get a week out of them, because I was hitting that puppy hard all day every day with few breaks. :-) It ran well on my lava tube at 4.1V and with a full tank, I'd get about 2 solid days of vaping before I needed to refill it.

I still like my other premium attys for dripping or using on the Reo, but for convenience and ease of use I'm starting to lean more heavily towards a DCT. I'll always enjoy variety when sitting at my desk here at home in any event.
    light487 likes this.

Thanks for the update Zain.. I have been inteersted in these since I spotted them a week or so ago.. think I will stick with the Vision Stone tank for a while though as it's hitting the right spots.. but should an Aussie vendor decide to get these in (ie. I can get them on an impulse), I would probably give them a try.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487