Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Lost Vape ePetite DNA 60

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    I'm not sure just wood is going to work for the battery side, the magnets are only on one side with clips on the other....
    Imagine my face with a disdainful "so *&%^&% what?" look on it.

No big deal. Brass, steel or something else to take the place of the clips, and make sure the magnets are the same polarity and it'll be fine. From what I understand (from this thread) the clips aren't anything to get excited about anyway, and I'm sure a little effort will make for a better end result.

Don't even have the thing yet. Maybe by the weekend.

Stu.
    laurie9300 likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    I think the clips/magnet work well, there is no movement whatsoever.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    My rear panel moved so much that you could not only feel the movement, but actually see it too. There was an audible "click" from panel movement every time I picked up the mod.

Some people are reporting perfectly fitting rear panels, others (like me) are reporting sloppy rear panel fitment.

It's the manufacturing tolerances. The tolerances on the rear panels are just not tight enough - some of them are coming off the production line with very, very slightly undersized clips.

There's a simple enough fix though. I put a single, small piece of black race tape over each hook on the rear panel (just on the inside, so you can't see it). Bam. Problem solved. Panel slides in and fits perfectly, with zero movement.
    laurie9300 and steve.c like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Mine's a little 'clicky', but not obnoxious.

Yes, it arrived 20 minutes ago.

I'm sold. This thing actually does TC like it's supposed to, factoring in it's got to go through a crappy 510 connector. I'm not pushing it hard so 510 is ok.

The side panels are actual, genuine (and cheap) carbon fibre. No question. The weave doesn't line up well at all, so if you have the carbon version you're looking at maybe a dollar's worth of CF on there. Kinda stupid, as the tooling needed to cut this stuff needs to be pretty good (expensive) and why burn up nice tooling on crap material? Especially on cosmetic CF...

Full wood won't be a problem. Just a matter of time...

Stu.
    laurie9300 and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    The side panels are actual, genuine (and cheap) carbon fibre. No question. The weave doesn't line up well at all, so if you have the carbon version you're looking at maybe a dollar's worth of CF on there. Kinda stupid, as the tooling needed to cut this stuff needs to be pretty good (expensive) and why burn up nice tooling on crap material? Especially on cosmetic CF...
    Do you mean that the pattern doesn't quite line up to the cut edges? I'm thinking die punching would be quite cheap if done in house. Labor to maintain the dies would also be cheap, as is a 10 ton press which is pretty standard equipment. The carbon fiber sheet blanks on the other hand would have to be bought in - buying the cheapest possible cosmetic grade would be a huge advantage. (You have to think like a Chinese small run shop...)
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I don't think you can stamp cut CF very easily, as it'll delaminate, especially cheap stuff. Typically it's CNC machined (router usually), as a cutter is cheap, replacing dies (which would wear out about as quickly as a cutter) aren't anywhere near as cheap. And you'd still need to clean up the edges.

No, the weave itself isn't straight. There's a wiggle in the little herringbones. It's cosmetic so really not that important, but having chewed through more carbon fibre in my life than most regular humans, having obviously 'wiggly' CF bugs the absolute crap out of me.

Thinking as a modern small shop in China (of which there are plenty here already), they'd use a cheap-o CNC router and get CF plates and cut them out. A shop here might use their press, and abandon it when even the better materials you'd get produced here start falling to pieces and dies wear out in a fraction of the time they should. CF is hugely abrasive, just kills tooling. Those CF specific jigsaw blades I have cost me about AU$35 for three, they're Bosch and have a tungsten tooth line brazed into them.

It's annoying, but wood should have wiggles, the more the better. Carbon fibre shouldn't, especially not on a flat piece and more so when it's purly for cosmetic reasons. I'm more familiar with CF than most so I picked it up within a few seconds. I'd guess most folks would never notice.

It also affects the 'look'. Should be a repeating pattern and 'colour' along each row. Having a wiggle means the filaments are likely out of alignment so the repeating colour pattern is off. I've got good stuff here and could fix it, but I won't. I'm thinking having thicker and slightly rounded wood inserts (to round off the edges) will make me happier with it's feel. Right now, the squared off sides aren't winning me over on a box this size. It's not horrible, but it could be better.

(This is what happens when I pay more for something. My expectations and standards rise exponentially along with the asking price...)

Stu.

AVF Regular
    A quick guide for setting up the ePetite out of the box...(mostly to correct the internal resistance)

Note: When i connected mine up and ran Escribe there was no new firmware for upload to the mod for me.

The following is based on the PC version of Escribe....but there is a Mac Beta version of escribe here: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68...e-beta-thread/

The steps in Escribe/Mod Setup below should work the same...

Download the main Escribe Software:

Visit: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65...-and-tutorial/

Download Escribe from first link (SetupES.exe)

Visit the guide if you have time to spare and want to know how to do everything
    Download the manual if youre, again, geeky

Next, visit: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66...escribe-suite/

Download recommended Service Pack (currently EScribe 1.2 SP5.2 (SetupES_1_2_SP5_2_ServicePack.exe)) - In general when downloading a service pack manually, make sure it supports the device

(theres currently no point going to an early firmware (beta) release, it contains no added benefit for the ePetite)

Escribe Installation:

Run SetupES.exe (main Escribe setup file)
    Run SetupES_1_2_SP5_2_ServicePack.exe - current Service Pack

Escribe/Mod Setup:

This is just a quick guide to set the correct internal resistance

• Run Escribe
    • Connect ePetite to PC with USB cable
    • Click OK on connection box that shows DNA60
    • Click the Options menu, then User Interface, and finally select Manufacturer
    • You should now have more tabs above the My DNA heading
    • Click the Mod tab
    • Scroll down to the Electrical heading
    • Change the default 0.003 to read 0.011
    • Click the Upload Settings to Device button at top of screen
    • Click the Disconnect button at top of screen
    • Done
    • Disconnect Mod, close Escribe, set your mod to whatever you intend to vape tc or watts mode and vape

For further fiddling, for temp controllers mostly....

Switching back to the General tab will show Profiles and allow you to edit them

Not going to cover all options here, except to say if youre fond of C instead of F, its
    easier to change that here on each profile than it is by going into each profile
    on the mod itself and scrolling through to C. You can also set your default temp
    per temp controlled wire profile, for me, i set them all to my lowly 185c...adjust accordingly

If you would rather have the temp shown on the main screen for temp controlled wires
    over watts, you can tick the Temperature Dominant box on each temp controlled wire
    profile. Again its easier to do here than remembering the magical button combination
    on the mod.

The only other thing i personally do is set the preheat time limit on each profile to 0,
    but thats just me

After any changes, dont forget to press the Upload Settings to Device button, and then Disconnect button at top of screen
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 27-07-17 at 02:45 PM.
    Fractal, 1ynne, iamtezr and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Yeah, yeah. But what about the corners I mentioned?

Still haven't decided if I should get another or not...

(If that's not some kind of endorsement of how good these things are at the price they're being traded for at the moment, I don't know what is! The single most expensive bit of vape gear I have, and for me, an increase in price mandates a logarithmic increase in performance and this thing actually manages that.)

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Yeah, yeah. But what about the corners I mentioned?

Still haven't decided if I should get another or not...

(If that's not some kind of endorsement of how good these things are at the price they're being traded for at the moment, I don't know what is! The single most expensive bit of vape gear I have, and for me, an increase in price mandates a logarithmic increase in performance and this thing actually manages that.)

Stu.
    I kinda see what youre talking about, theres a flat edge and then the chamfer...prolly would have been better with a pure radius, but it aint killing me

I did have some weirdness where i swapped tanks and it went into burny mode earlier, the full 60w...ewww...like it wasnt in tc mode...never happened to me before on a DNA mod. I reset to defaults (which of course nixed all settings and removed the LV SS430 and SS304 materials, but im not using those anyways, so) , which also set the mod resistance to 0, which i changed back to 0.011. Seems to be going fine now...
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I reset the baseline resistance offset to 0.22 ohms I think, factoring in everything to the coil with the tank that's on there. It's not 'right' but it does take the 510 out of the equation and seems to work really well.

It seems to me that this DNA board is a lot more reliable/predictable than an Arctic Fox FW Eleaf mod, but Arctic Fox could teach Evolve a thing or two about making the mod much more user friendly, if only as a user selectable option. As a simple set and forget, I'm really liking it but at the same time I'm only setting and forgetting it because adjusting anything is a serious PITA.

And the chamfer/corner, it's not a deal killer but for me with my size hands (not large) it's less comfortable than I'd like it to be. Could be better, and I'll get around to that soon enough.

Stu.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast