Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mickg33

Thread: VVPV Review from Notcigs

AVF Regular

VVPV Review from Notcigs

Hi All,

I thought I would do a VVPV review, now that I have had it back from repair for the last week. As most would know, originally I only got 2 hours use out of it before it stopped working and I had to send it back for repair. Notcigs turned it around within 3 days and sent it back to me with a different color door, that I requested, for free so their customer service was top notch. I will not talk about the issues I experienced with the first mod, and will put that down to first production run issues, but will share my learnings from that if the design issues were not fixed in the repaired VVPV I know have.

Specifications (from notcigs)

1.15 watts maximum power output
    2.Wheel adjustable voltage dial
    3.Improved battery life 2 x 's avg. , we have a new controller that is MUCH more efficeint. avg. 15 hrs per charge
    4.New finish , blasted finish
    5.3-3 to 5.5 volt adjustment
    6.5 ml juice capacity
    7.2 x 14500 batteries
    8. built in charger
    9.Aluminum case
    10.Anodized Black OR
    11.Chrome plated tops and case
    12.Passthru capable
    13.12. comes with a pre drilled tip

My thoughts.

Pro's

- Looks fantastic - very impressive and classy, well I think so anyway. One of the best looking mods I have.
    - Feels very solid and is about the smallest VVPV you can get with a 5 ml feed system.
    - Small and easily portable, to use for out and about. 1 cm shorter, 1.5cm less wide and .8ml less thick than a pack of 25 smokes. Feels great in the hand to use.
    - Quite heavy (approx same weight as a Provari 18500), but I like the weighty feel.
    - Top Feed system is absolutely fantastic - 1 press of the pump button, and it always drops 2 consistent drops right on top of the atomiser. Much better than a bottom feed set up, for consistency
    - VV adjustment very easy to do. Marks on the wheel for 3.3v, 4.4v, and 5.5v's so easy to know where you are.
    - Has an on/off button so it cant fire in your pocket.
    - Has all the VV protection that you can want along with venting via the side juice door slot, so even though its a parrallel battery mod, I think its safe, and have no concerns using it.
    - In built charger, that charges in 30 minutes.
    - Replaceable batteries
    - All fittings fit perfect, no rattles, juice door easy to get on and off, quality finish.
    - Feels comfortable to carry and use.

Cons

- At the momment you need to use their whistle tip and adapter, due to the top feed system, but its easy enough to put a hole in the side of a regular 510 drip tip and feed the tube in through that.
    - Battery life - Using a 3.5ohm atomiser at around 5.2v's I only get through 3 ml's of juice. With the 2 14500 batteries I expected 5ml plus. With a 2.2 ohm atomiser at around 4.5v's I do get through 4.5 ml's which is closer to what others are stating. Still was hoping for 5ml minimum with this set up to ensure I could make it through a full day, without a recharge. With a 2.2 ohm atomiser and 4.5ml's it will meet most vapers daily needs though.
    - Voltage Wheel is next to the atomiser, and any juice leaks will go straight down onto the PCB. In the long term this may stuff the mod up. Must use a drip shield with it.
    - Bottom plate screws strip the mod case connections very very easily - need to be extremely carefull if you replace the batteries - but shouldn't need to do this often with the built in charger
    - Charger connection is a bit finicky - slightist bump and it stops charging
    - Charger cable is only 3 foot long so hard to use it in pass through mode.
    - Juice bottle - no leaks, but be carefull when changing and glue on so you dont get juice leaks on the inside of the bottle, the PCB is not sealed. Its not the only VV mod with this concern thats for sure.
    - Top feed tube can be a little untidy looking, but worth it for the great vape.

So would I buy this again, knowing what I now know? Yes I would, but a bit dissapointed with the battery life, but may replace the trustfires with AW's and see if that helps. Need to be carefull though as they use the trustfires because they have bigger nipples, and had contact issues, with batteries with smaller nipples.

Would I recommend this mod to others? This mod is like an Alpha Romeo car, it looks and performs great, but has some design flaws that could turn it into a nightmare if you encounter the risks mentioned above. Those that never encounter the isssues will rave about how brilliant it is, and those that do , will tell you its a dud, just like Alpha Romeo's. Weigh up the pro's and cons and risks with this mod, and your own vaping requirements, and come to your own opinion. For me I am glad I bought the Alpha Romeo of mods, but the design flaws may one day soon be the death of me. If in the next version of these mods, Notcigs improve, those issues then 100% grab one, until then you make the call, whether you would love to own a Alpha romeo or not

Last edited by Mickg33; 16-04-12 at 01:06 PM.

AVF Regular
    Heres another persons video review from ECF, they dont seem to notice many cons? But ECF reviewers seldom do?

VVPV from NotCigs - YouTube
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-03-12 at 03:00 PM.

AVF Regular
    Some more pics, notice the voltage wheel next to the atomiser, leakages from the atomiser on top of the pcb via the voltage wheel a concern.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-03-12 at 04:03 PM.
    cruzmiguel likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Very much on my radar. Would make a great stay-at-home PV.

AVF Regular
    Last edited by Mickg33; 04-04-12 at 04:09 PM.

AVF Regular
    I have changed from a 3.5ohm atomiser to a 2.2 ohm atomiser, and while I am still vaping at the same wattage, I have dialed the voltage down. Not sure on the electronics logic of this, but I could vape slightly over 3ml's with the a 3.5ohm atomiser at approx 5.2v's but with a 2.2 ohm atomiser at approx 4.5v's seem to get around 4.5 ml's which is alot better, and close to what others have reported.

The mod has been working perfectly for me, and apart from the potential issue of getting juice on top of the PCB via the voltage wheel if you get a juice spill, I think it is a good little mod. I have 8 mods and use them all from time to time, and this hasn't changed with the arrival of this mod.

For some reason the mod I have been using the most lately has been my GLV2 Super mini with a i06 LR atomiser and dripping, but which mod I use the most always changes month to month, and after a rocky start with the VVPV, I am now very happy I bought it.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 16-04-12 at 01:13 PM.

AVF Regular
    Thought I would report back as I have been using it for over a month now. Even though I have received 2 new mods since I bought this, it is staying in my at home line up and out and about line up more and more. Now that I am using a SR 510 atomiser at around 4.5v, I am getting around 4.5mls life out of a battery charge, and because you rarely over or under drip with this set up it seems to be quite economical on the juice and it will last me most full nights out on the town. Its got its pro's and cons from a design perspective, but I am really enjoying this PV.

I think its just the consistency and ease of top feed dripping with the pump that makes it so good, and the 30 minute recharge time. I haven't used my Reo Bottom feeder since I got this.

Heres another honest review from a woman this time, and an typical ECF optimistic review from a ECF vet (man), just to give you 3 peoples different takes on them.

NotCigs.com VVPV - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFP7mylL_dg

By the way its a 5ml juice bottle, the reviewer says 3-4ml.

I think every reviewer should find at least a couple of cons with every mod, if they dont then I dont trust them.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-04-12 at 10:44 AM.