• 5 Post By Tara
  • 1 Post By Timwis
  • 3 Post By Timwis
  • 2 Post By Legion
  • 1 Post By FXVaper

Thread: CuBox

AVF Regular

CuBox

I received this as a prize in a Heaven's Gift comp.

This Starter mod has the "new" Cubis 2 atomiser, which I'm sorry to say, is a disappointment. I've used the Cubis Pro (the original) for quite sometime. I didn't get along with it immediately, but what made it a whole lot better was the 0.6ohm coil that they brought out (which also fits the Joyetech AGIO- Pen and Box). Now, I find it to be a great, non leak, MTL tank, with roughly 3ml capacity.

The Cubis 2 tank in this kit, features a different coil design which, imho, is a flop. Doesn't draw well and dry hits. The redesigned coil at the top fits into a similar design as the original Cubis, but the bottom end has a thread which screws into a well at the bottom of the atomiser - therein lies the problem, I suspect.

The Mod itself, is well made and a useful "no frills" piece of kit.

In summary - the tank - OMG! On the thought that this is the future of the Cubis, I went straight to the Web and bought 3 more originals whilst I still could.

Feel really sorry that I had to write this review of a prize

Hopefully, it was just me, and there will be others that find it useable, cheers FX
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    If i felt i needed to tell people what i found wrong with a device so people would no your cons (Nothing wrong with that) I wouldn't of mentioned it was a prize and who from as it comes across as very ungrateful most of us would of loved to get it as a prize.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Timwis View Post
    If i felt i needed to tell people what i found wrong with a device so people would no your cons (Nothing wrong with that) I wouldn't of mentioned it was a prize and who from as it comes across as very ungrateful most of us would of loved to get it as a prize.
    You may not be aware that HG always asks you to review stuff when you win it in their comps. Im pretty sure that is the reason
    FXVaper has made this post in the first place. There would be no point in them asking you to do that if you aren't going to mention
    them.....and no one likes a dishonest review.

IMO it doesn't reflect on the vendor in any way whatsoever. Its the device that has the issues. HG was just nice enough to run a
    competition and give away gear.
    DocM, Legion, rockmoose and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Apologies ..
    Last edited by Timwis; 03-08-17 at 11:28 AM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    You may not be aware that HG always asks you to review stuff when you win it in their comps. Im pretty sure that is the reason
    FXVaper has made this post in the first place. There would be no point in them asking you to do that if you aren't going to mention
    them.....and no one likes a dishonest review.

IMO it doesn't reflect on the vendor in any way whatsoever. Its the device that has the issues. HG was just nice enough to run a
    competition and give away gear.
    I wasn't aware of that so my full apologies @FXVaper
    Tara, DocM and FXVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    I've recently reviewed the Cubox myself and came to pretty much the same conclusions. However if you get your hands on the ProcC BF 0.5 ohm coilsit's a completely different story. While they don't turn the tank into a stellar one they do resolve all the issues the 0.6 ones have and make the tanks quite functional and useful.
    DocM and FXVaper like this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Thank you for sharing that information. I would like to PIF this piece of kit, but I won't until some sort of resolution too the tank issues had been found. At present, I don't believe that this is a "Starter Kit", with these coils, as it is non-functional. But if an alternative works well, it doesn't have to be "stellar" to be a Starter Kit. I will go and have a look for those coils, cheers FX.

ETA: I've just had a look on the Joyetech site, and it would seem that despite the "thread" on the bottom of the coil, the normal 0.6ohm Cubis coils will fit this tank. This is based on their statement that the new coils fit the original Cubis, so the threaded section may be irrelevant??

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I've recently reviewed the Cubox myself and came to pretty much the same conclusions. However if you get your hands on the ProcC BF 0.5 ohm coilsit's a completely different story. While they don't turn the tank into a stellar one they do resolve all the issues the 0.6 ones have and make the tanks quite functional and useful.
    Last edited by FXVaper; 04-08-17 at 10:09 PM.
    Legion likes this.