Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Oldhead

Thread: Coppervape Skyline RTA for MTL.

AVF Regular

Coppervape Skyline RTA for MTL.

Initial impressions after complete pull down where interesting and not quiet expected for the cost.
    Well machined , no burs or fillings present and well pre cleaned , glass tank fits orings firmly and seals well ,No leaks .
    Comes with extra O rings , extra air diffusers , extra post screws and extra drip tip now thats a bonus.
    Strictly a single coil build and easy to wick .

Ist build was a 2mm 28# kanthal 1.6ohm contact coil , 9.5 watts ,the post hole screws a very small but easy to reach (top) of post s not on the side .
    Wicking was easy access and needs to be gently pocked down and around internal juice channel . not stuffed into channel tightly.
    A large air inlet is below coil position and this has a keyway for insertion of the many varied air flow restrictors available for insertion ( Initial use was the 3 small hole restrictor)

You will notice where ejuice enters the chimney through to slots to accommodate flow control.
    Chimney is also convex not flat topped ,like many others (bonus) IMO.

Filling is top filled with ample room and you must close Juice control fully via the knurled top nut (where the drip tip is inserted) Turn fully clockwise until firm then gently lift this knurled nut to reveal fill ports .
    After filling , slowly turn Knurled top nut anti clockwise , several full turns to open flow ports ( you can easily see gaps appear from 4 internal ports) and my position was to have 2 open by about 3/16 inch

Now open external air flow ring to desired level and vioala !!!! Adjusted to suit my style and flavor was excellent ,draw was amazing , Drip tip has small centre hole which suits MTL.
    So after several tank fulls , NO leaks or drizzzle whatsoever and a (IMO) truly great vape experience ,beauty another MTL RTA in my possession.
    Extra glass tube and a pack of 5 extra air difusers are easliy available for purchase .
    Cheers .
    Mystico, captive, 1ynne and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    It is a very versatile tank and far superior to the K5 in my opinion

It is also good for restricted DL as it comes from the box without either of the included airflow restrictors. I put a 0.4 phm build in mine and love it as direct lung.

AVF Regular
    Another one that is FANTASTIC for mtl is the hussar with the 2ml air hole pin. There is also a smaller air hole pin you can grab for a few bucks. Highly recommend it for you oldhead if you have not tried it, if you do just make sure to grab the coppervape version and a micro tank kit .You also can get a torpedo cap which looks great. Skyline is excellent but between these two awesome tanks skyline wins for dtl whilst hussar wins mtl in my experience, for pure intense flavour hussar is just wow