• 2 Post By Timwis
  • 1 Post By emu
  • 1 Post By Schtoo
  • 4 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By emu

Thread: Eleaf Melo 300 Review

AVF Regular

Eleaf Melo 300 Review

Hi AussieVapers and welcome to a review of the Melo 300 by Eleaf, which was kindly supplied by Zoe at Efun Top. Thanks Zoe.

The Melo 300 is a high wattage large vapour production tank, so what's in the box:

The box comes with the Melo 300 tank fully assembled with installed ES Sextuple 0.17ohm coil head
    A spare ES Sextuple 0.17ohm coil head
    A bag of spare o-rings
    User manual

melo-300.jpg

Some Specs and Features:

Diameter: 26mm
    Height: 60mm/55mm
    E-liquid capacity: 6.5ml
    Thread type: 510 thread
    New ES Sextuple-0.17ohm Head for Ultra High Power
    Convenient Retractable Top Fill System
    Optimal Airflow for Massive Vapor Clouds
    Detachable Structure for Easy Cleaning
    The ES Sextuple coil is recommended at 100W - 300W
    Colours: Black or Silver

The 6.5ml capacity tank is the version for review

There is also a 3.5ml version:

The Review:

First i disassembled the tank and gave it a good wash before assembling it back again. The textured machining helped with grip and it both disassembled and assembled with ease.
    I saturated the cotton on the massive coil head with juice from the top and via the large wicking holes.
    Then i filled the tank with liquid sealed and drew on the mouthpiece until there was no more bubbles, i then topped the tank up with juice.

At this point it needs to be mentioned i found the top fill system the best i have come across to date. It slides across with ease, it has just enough resistance to prevent it sliding open accidently.
    th.jpg

The Airflow is also very good again the textured machining helps with grip and it turns with just the right amount of resistance.

The mouthpiece is not a 510 but is very nice to use.

The 0.17 coil is recommended up to 300W, i don't even have a device that goes to that wattage so all i could do was look at a couple of other reviews to confirm although incredibly hot and why anyone would want to, it does vape at this wattage without a burnt taste ( in all fairness the reviewers only took half second draws (who can blame them)).

I used the tank on my Aspire Speeder and although i only took 1 second draws i tried it on 200w. Although i'm not comfortable at this kind of wattage i was surprised by the flavour coming through it was very nice and although very warm it was not unbearable even for me.

Then i tried it for a longer period at 150W and again being a 100W max vaper normally i found this very doable. Warm but not hot and the flavour was incredible. I also vape MTL at times because of the superior flavour but the coils in this tank are giving incredible flavour to go along with the huge dense clouds.

I finally used it for 2 whole days at below the recommended wattage as i found these coils to be unbelievably versatile and wanted to see how it vaped on a lower wattage to save battery life. At 80 watts it is fantastic huge clouds and intense flavour. So if you are put off by the 100W - 300W range, don't be the coils perform great as low as 70W.

Conclusion

The Melo 300 as the best flavour i have found in a sub-ohm tank to date and of course it releases huge thick clouds of vapour even using it at lower than 100W. I found 80W was perfect for me and i will be using the tank often in the future.

Pros:

Performs great at various wattages
    Sturdy construction
    Great flavour
    Huge clouds
    Great top-fill system
    Excellent airflow

Cons:

No RBA deck available
    Can't use own drip-tips

Once again i would like to thank Zoe from Efun.top
    Last edited by Fatman; 18-08-17 at 11:46 AM. Reason: links removed to comply with sponsored review rules
    Danny76 and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Nice review Timwis good to see another vaper enjoying the 300 as much as I do, it certainly packs a punch and I find even though I'm a chain vaper I only have a couple of vapes on it then don't need anymore nic for a while so it's a good tank for satisfying that craving really fast.

There is a few different factory pre-made coils available and I noticed you said one of the cons was no RBA deck available, the good news is Eleaf do make an RBA deck and the quality of the RBA is second to none. In fact I would go as far to say it has better flavor than the sextuple coil head and about on par with the single head, the other bonus with the RBA is you can wrap a stainless coil to your own specs and turn down the power for a custom vape. I was a bit disappointed that all the pre-mades were kanthal so when I discovered the RBA I fell in love all over again, it is a beautiful tank in it's own right with it's simplicity and very good workmanship that any Eleaf lover has come to appreciate with their products.

Like you said the airflow is soooo good, I could go jogging and breathe through this thing no worries and you can turn it down to zero airflow with any setting in between to fine tune it to suit any preference, it sits on the iKonn 220 watt 2 battery mod with room to spare so you don't need a 3 or 4 battery beast to run it although you might need to swap batts more often if you're a big power hog.
    I'm with you at around 65 watts with the single factory coil and it's even better running the RBA with a dual around 50 watts for prolonged battery life not to mention great juice economy and that 6.5 ml's goes a long way when you quiet this beast.

Here's a link to the RBA if you would like to give it a go and the other Eleaf factory coils for the 300 are accessible via the dropdown box if you would like to try them also. Thanks for your great review mate.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/6422900
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    If the RTA head that Emu's linked to is the right one for the Melo 300 (I don't know for sure, but I'd expect it is), then I absolutely have to back up Emu's assertion that it is "second to none". Ok, maybe there are better rebuildable decks out there, but for size, quality and performance it works exactly like it's supposed to.

It was a very pleasant surprise when I got mine. Not so pleasant was that it didn't fit what I had hoped it would, and had to buy a Melo RT25 to use it, but it was worth it. Every bit as good as a purpose made RTA deck.

Stu.
    emu likes this.

Super Moderator
    Hi Tim .. I have removed the product links as this post was NOT in line with community expectations regarding a sponsored review ... If goods are received free of charge from a vendor for the purpose of review then that is considered a "pay for comment " scenario ... if links are posted then the review must be in the vendors thread if they are present on AVF , or in Vendor General if they are not ... Please in future read Sponsored reviews or goods in lieu of. and post accordingly ... we love reviews , just not ones that are designed to drive traffic to a particular vendor ... its stealth advertising
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    If the RTA head that Emu's linked to is the right one for the Melo 300

Oh yea of little faith
    Schtoo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well, mine's plugged into a Melo RT 25, not a 300.

Either way, it's way more deck than than I expected and dead easy to build on.

What's the difference between the 300 and the RT 25 anyway?

Stu.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Well, mine's plugged into a Melo RT 25, not a 300.

Either way, it's way more deck than than I expected and dead easy to build on.

What's the difference between the 300 and the RT 25 anyway?

Stu.
    The only difference I can see is the 4.5 ml's compared to the 6.5 ml's in the 300 and the retractable top is a different design. Oh yeah and the RT 25 comes with an adaptor for the ER heads and the 300 is 26 mm's diameter and the drip tips are proprietary for the 300 compared to the 510 adaptor that comes with the RT25.

So quite a few differences really.