Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zainwolf
  • 2 Post By besure

Thread: 1.7 ohm "shorty" carto from Madvapes

1.7 ohm "shorty" carto from Madvapes

I'm not sure if this is from Smoktech or not but it's a bit over half the size of a standard carto and quite cute. I was going to wait and try it out on the SDK but since I couldn't get ahold of that yet I finally said to heck with it and chucked it on the REO. 2 squonks later and it was fully saturated to the top.

I've not tried the hugest variety of cartos by any means, but this is definitely one of the best performing ones I have tried to date! It may be small but it is beastly for vapour production and the flavour is quite good.

I took it off the REO and put it on a 510 auto battery and my dissatisfaction with that battery vanished in moments. I'd been using it with kanger cartos and was quite frustrated with it because the auto switch would cut out halfway through a pull. I guess the open centre tube on this vertical coil carto is much better for an auto switch than the kanger horizontal coil cartos.

Sure, the capacity is small and it would be unlikely you could tank one ever due to their short length, but it's quite a good little carto and would be easy to fill several up for an outing. On the REO there would be less juice in the well and you wouldn't have to squonk it as often as a straight atty. I'm noticing that NO juice goes into the well on my REO with this carto, but you have to be careful not to run the little thing dry.

It also delivers a pretty decent throat hit (I only vape 12mg juice) and the vapour is quite warm.

If you want something more discrete and aren't overly fussed about capacity, this would definitely be worth a shot!
    mink likes this.

Thanks for the review Zainwolf. I hadn't even heard of them but they sound good.

Photo????????
    margyb and CCC like this.

Super Shorty 1.7 Ohm 510 Chrome Cartomizer

I didn't post one because I don't have a camera handy (am between mobile phones atm)

It looks like a cartomizer, only smaller :-D

Vapeking now has the eGo Mini..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Super Moderator
    Madvapes must so tempting for modders

AVF Regular
    A dripping carto almost.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zainwolf View Post
    Sure, the capacity is small and it would be unlikely you could tank one ever due to their short length
    Cant we use it with a Universal from cherryvapes in a tank as the universal will provide the extra lenght needed?

can totally use it like dripping, 10-15 drops at a time hehe, it *really* shines on the REO! Would be brilliant on a REO Mini.

I want to see this on a SDK and that new short eGo batt w/ shorty cone & shorty drip tip, all stainless :-) someone cut down a Siam slim tank for one haha check it out:
    shorty sdk.jpg

I've had one of these bad puppies cooking on my REO for a solid week now, so I am fairly impressed with its longevity for such a little thing! The filler inside is turning rather dark but it still vapes quite nicely. I've been switching between VK Red and Dekang RY4 in it, the capacity is small enough that there's not much flavour bleed between them. I'd already retired one to the emergency supply stash box before putting the fresh one on last week... who knows if I'll ever be caught short and try cleaning them? I still have one left and will probably keep using it on the REO since it easily does an awesome job of keeping it wet.