Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The VK Comet

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839

    The VK Comet

    Ok I cannot wait to review the Comet any longer as I am a bit too excited about them.

    Mad Bunny sent me one to try out so I have a 2 dollar bias attached to this review.

    This is for the 1.3ml version @ around 2.6 Ohms.

    Been using one for 5 days straight with fruit flavors @ 80pg 20vg on an Ego.

    It looks like nothing special, In fact it has a utilitarian kind of thing going on. Long and thin with see-through plastic not quite clear and has a 510 thread.

    I am not a dripper but they have the most pure flavor I have tasted and would love to see what a purist dripper thought of them.

    @ around 2.6ohm it is not weak at all, I used to use a standard boge at 5v and its that kind of level at 2.6ohm on an Ego.

    In the whole 5 day period there has been no drop in flavor or burnt taste.

    In the 5 days it has never leaked.

    It has excellent vapor production and over 5 days it is not diminished.

    It requires a syringe to fill and sometimes upon filling which must be done with the needle pointing up, a single drop of juice can form around the fill hole which can get on your fingers if you are unaware of it. Once you know about it though it is easy to avoid. The mop up operation is trivial and takes about 3 seconds.

    In the five days it has never gurgled or leaked in my mouth.

    They have a beautiful easy draw which I would describe as soothing.

    Drip tips are interchangeable with 510 though I now prefer the one it came with.

    If I were to read this review I would not believe me. After all the trouble I've had with different devices over my 12 month plus vaping career.

    Please remember this review is based on vaping fruits, I would not expect Dels Ultimate Pipe to last this long in one. But maybe it would.

    All I can say is they are cheep, so try one and get back on here and tell me I'm wrong.

    I love these little things and dont think I'll be using much else for some time to come.
    nayomee77 likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sutherland Shire
    Posts
    585
    Nice review. I just added 2 of these into my latest VapeKing order. The syringe filling is almost a deal breaker for me but i will give them a try.
    wood duck likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    211
    I always fill everything with a syringe so thats no problem for me. I've been waiting for a clearomizer with a loose draw since always. I've got some on the way and I haven't been this excited about an order for a while. Will post when I've had a few toots.
    wood duck likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Nice review. I just added 2 of these into my latest VapeKing order. The syringe filling is almost a deal breaker for me but i will give them a try.
    It would have been for me too but now that i've tried one I cannot go back.
    nayomee77 likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2tc View Post
    I always fill everything with a syringe so thats no problem for me. I've been waiting for a clearomizer with a loose draw since always. I've got some on the way and I haven't been this excited about an order for a while. Will post when I've had a few toots.
    You are gonna love these then Joe.
    joe2tc likes this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    5,139
    Do you think it will be possible to put a hole in it and put in a tank.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Do you think it will be possible to put a hole in it and put in a tank.
    My thoughts exactly, although there is a 3ml version coming soonish apparently. If you put a hole in it near the bottom it would be the same juice level in the tank as in the comet.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    My thoughts exactly, although there is a 3ml version coming soonish apparently. If you put a hole in it near the bottom it would be the same juice level in the tank as in the comet.
    I just bought 3 to see if i can tank them up. I did manage to tank up G4 cartomizers back in the days with OK results considering how crap they were to begin with. If these work we could be onto a winner. But im not holding my breath. I always get excited about new cartos and always end up back on the boges.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    I just bought 3 to see if i can tank them up. I did manage to tank up G4 cartomizers back in the days with OK results considering how crap they were to begin with. If these work we could be onto a winner. But im not holding my breath. I always get excited about new cartos and always end up back on the boges.
    This could be it for the boge's Arth. I was on Notta's for ages and only changed to the Stone tank for the flavor.
    Which tank are you thinking of using?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Dry burned and beautiful!!!

    I changed to Dels chocolate tobacco and it was not long until I felt the flavor was not great.

    A bent paperclip in the fill hole and I had the plastic stopper out in no time. tweezers onto the stem and wiggle and the stem comes away exposing the wick and coil. rinsed in water and dry burned, rinse in water again then replace the stem with the plastic stopper and insert and push back in with a pencil. For a first time not a bad 15 mins work. Having done it once I would expect it to be half the time in future.

    Loaded it back up with some juice 0 flavor to test for purity. Oh yeah it is back to new. It tastes great if you like 0 flavor, No burnt flavor at all.
    margyb likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:51 AM.