Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By emu
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 2 Post By Sublime

Thread: Wismec Reuleaux 3.0

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Wismec Reuleaux 3.0

As a huge fan of the earlier models, I am extremely disappointed with this version.

I purchased three of these from different outlets, even different countries. Here are my findings:

Two of the three units are defective.
    The firing button on one is totally screwed, despite being brand new and undamaged.
    The other has an intermittent issue where it will power down after firing.
    The Battery compartment design is not good. I've had batteries fall out numerous times. Even vibrations from a motor vehicle will open the compartment door.
    The Lugs that hold Battery compartment door closed are prone to wear. The metal has degraded with only 2 months usage. It's just a terrible design.

Another minor niggle I have with this device is that the puff counter only reads to 10,000, then resets.

Conclusion:

Only one of the three models I bought actually works properly. Pretty bad odds if you ask me. It hurts me to say this, but I would not recommend this product. My advice is to get a reuleaux 2.0, they are better in almost every way. I own five of them and they work perfectly, even after years of use!

emu
    AVF Regular
    Shame really, they used to be good and everyone that had one raved about it. Automatic resetting puff counters are just not on, they should at least go to one million (1000,000) and then ask you first...!!!

AVF Regular
    Yep - there was one that sat here on the classies for a while already priced a bit below with batteries included - I watched him add some juice - then drop the price again - it still sat unclaimed for a bit after that

Their reputation is really not good

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Shame really, they used to be good and everyone that had one raved about it. Automatic resetting puff counters are just not on, they should at least go to one million (1000,000) and then ask you first...!!!
    emu likes this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I must have got super lucky when I won one from HG then. Because I haven't had any problems with mine and it hits like a champ. Although I have to agree somewhat regarding the battery door. I never was happy with that design from the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Does anyone know if that limited edition DNA200 bronze one was a 2 or 3?

Wouldn't you be pissed off if you worked out the clams for that, and it turned out to be a turd?

A nice looking unit. If it squonked, I may have been interested. Maybe if one comes up cheap, I might do the Laurie treatment.

sent from my masticated yam
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Does anyone know if that limited edition DNA200 bronze one was a 2 or 3?

Wouldn't you be pissed off if you worked out the clams for that, and it turned out to be a turd?

A nice looking unit. If it squonked, I may have been interested. Maybe if one comes up cheap, I might do the Laurie treatment.

it is a 3 battery. I have one and never even put batteries in it because I dont have a matching set of 3.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    it is a 3 battery. I have one and never even put batteries in it because I dont have a matching set of 3.
    Sorry, did you say 2 batteries and a squonk bottle?

Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    I miss my OG RX200. I never got the DNA200 version.. but it looked nice. They did do a DNA250 version of it too.