Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Digiflavor GTA Geneses Fuji 5.5ml dual coil RTA.

AVF Regular

Digiflavor GTA Geneses Fuji 5.5ml dual coil RTA.

Awfully difficult to wick right. If it isn't, it will just pour juice out through the bottom airflow. Forget using rayon wicks. I've had it for over a month. It's very easy to cross thread the deck on install too. I'll admit that I'm no wicking guru, but even with the extreme amount of cotton I put in it I had 4 ml of juice leak out more than once. I find it impossible to have the cotton apparently needed and be able to assemble the thing properly with the cotton not bunching up in the threading. 3 -3.5mm coils recommended. I 'glued' the wicks with liquid to try to keep it in place too. I was looking forward to a great tank, but disappointed with it.
    If you do manage to get the wicking right it has great flavour.....if you're a wicking guru, all the better......
    Coiling....28g 316SS x 7 wraps - .4ohms 3mm ID. There's plenty of room on deck, but the airflow holes are a fair distance away from the posts, 4mm(?) so leg length is a problem I think.
    Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.....?
    Last edited by DocM; 07-06-18 at 12:56 PM.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Is this one I need to see and wick up for you?
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wet your cotton with eliquid before you lay it into the wicking channels... and then press it in with your tweezers. Make sure your wick stick out the bottom of the ledge of the deck, but not by much.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh, and don't thread the bell cap straight on after you've done the wicks. Reverse it and then thread it on... that should clear the wicks from getting stuck in the threads.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    yep +++++++++10 for everything gurishka just said.. plus added suggestion - check all the orings are fine and healthy with no nicks or dints.. that style of tank will pour juice out of the air holes like a tap when the O rings are not working !!
    DocM likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    The wicking gurus have landed! Tried all that except the o rings bit. I'll give that a go........thanks for the assist peeps! Love youse all.......I'll be back & let you know.

AVF Regular
    the only other 'other thing' I forgot it had two air adjustment top and bottom - make sure both are closed before refilling ? um and err.. long shot.. it only takes the drip tip that comes with it - which is not a standard 510 .. so only use the supplied drippy ? um the the final other thing.. let it sit for a few mins after refilling to make sure that the wicks have time to fully soak in the luxuriousness of the DocM brew.. ***fingers crossed !!

AVF Regular
    I concur with Lynne. Close your airflows before filling. Otherwise it'll push out..

AVF Regular
    I always close the bottom AF, sometimes when I'd open it it's just like a lucky dip, to see whether I get a hand wash or not..."you know you're soaking in it?" ...I usually did. I'd open the top AF coz I thought that the pressure inside was a prob on closure.........
    I replaced the o rings as you suggested 1ynne and at this point it's dry! No leakings! Bewdy! May have been the issue.
    I was getting really frustrated with it after watching umpteen baseball hats talking at me like I 'wuz in dah hood' and some bleedin' hipster bro' and no jolly wiser with it.
    Thank you both muchly for the guidance.
    BTW Gurishka, you are welcome anytime, even if I'm not having gear failure! You too 1ynne.
    1ynne and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    now the test will be when it is time to refill... so first.. close both air control before removing top cap.. refill... replace cap... open airflow... and .. them.. after one minute... if all is dry .. do a really big happy dance
    DocM likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast