Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10 Second Mod Reviews

AVF Regular

10 Second Mod Reviews

Thought I would start of a quick 10 second mod review section. For people to post a quick pic, overall rating and a few pro's and cons of their mods

I have owned over 20 mods and have kept the 8 i like the best so they will all score pretty highly. I am also a hardcore dripper (or top/bottom feeder) so dont like clearo's and carto's as much, hence my mod selection and gear i have on them.

First my box mods from left to right

JIB Mini

Overall 8.5/10 ( for its price, size and battery life its hard to beat, just not quite robust enough though to score higher)
    Cost Delivered $125

Pro's
    Variable Wattage
    Very Small (nothing comes close to this VV in size and battery life so will accept the cons for its portability)
    Battery lasts greater that a day, can vape over 6mls with one charge (it has 2 lipo 880mah batteries in it)

Cons
    Being a hand made mod, it perhaps lacks a little robustness and spit and polish. I have had to have it repaired once, but with the new horn buttons the issues are hopefully fixed.
    Lipo batteries cannot be replaced without sending back to Johnny, so in a year or so will need to do so.
    Must use a dripshield with this to ensure juice doesn't get into the mod via the button.

VVPV

Overall 8.5/10 (love this mod but it has a few design issues and would like a bit longer battery life)
    Cost delivered $190

Pro's
    Great consistent top feed system and 5 ml bottle, even newbies will be able to drip correctly with this setup
    Variable voltage
    Small

Cons
    Juice can get down voltage wheel next to atomiser onto PCB so make sure to use a drip shield and be very carefull with spillage
    Battery life can vape around 3 to 5mls on a charge which is fine but remember this has a built in charger so you cant just swap batteries
    With the built in charger you dont need to take the bottom plate off often, but be carefull the screw slots strip really easily

Stump

Overall 7.5/10 (for this price you cant go wrong)

Pro's
    Great finish and only $65 delivered
    A cheap way to get quality wood.
    Hits really well

Cons
    Catch Cup is really a well and you cannot suck juice back up into it like say a Reo, so will need to get a paper towell and mop it out at some point
    For a 18350 small battery mod without a juice feed system its bigger than it could be

Reo Woodvil 18500

Overall 8.0 (A little overpriced but you cant beat Reo quality, loved the bottom feeder, but its not as good as the VVPV top feed system)
    Cost Delivered $170

Pro's
    Quality Craftmanship
    Hits hard for a 3.7v device (wired well)
    The 18500 give good battery life without being too big
    3ml Juice bottom feed system

Cons
    A little over priced but Reo can charge a premium because of their quality reputation
    Bottom feed system can take some practice

Next Tube Mods from Left to right

Provari

Overall 9/10 (Never misses a beat)
    Cost Delivered $220 (with end caps etc)

Pro's
    Solid as a rock , consistent performer
    Variable Voltage

Cons
    Expensive
    Big and heavy in 18650 mode (18500 pictured)

Katana

Overall 7.5/10 ( i really like this mod but it looses points for requiring too much tweaking out of the box, but if your prepared to fiddle you will never need to buy an atomiser or carto again)
    Cost Delivered $220

Pro's
    Quality Construction
    Make your own atomisers for next to nothing
    Hits hard
    3ml Tank

Cons's
    Needs around 12 hours of practice and tweaking to get the hang off, not for newbies or people without patience
    I need to use with juice fill screw out, and out of the box needed to widen both the juice and air hole, and so need to carefull with leaking if left on its side now.

GLV2 Super Mini

Overall 9.5 (love its size and its is built to last)
    Cost Delivered $120

Pro's
    Smallest stealth mod around for dripping
    Built tough as nails

Con's
    Only a 3.7v device
    Battery life - gets through around 3ml's off juice before you need to swap the 16340 batteries over

Precise 16340 (not a +, expensive but looks good)

Overall 7.5
    Cost Delivered $185

Pro's

Looks great
    SS quality craftmanship
    Solid as a rock

Cons
    Expensive for a 3.7v device
    As this is not a new + version it requires weekly cleaning to keep it performing at its peak.

Last edited by Mickg33; 30-06-12 at 05:47 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Good post.. be awesome if you could format it a little.. like make each mod name in bold so that it's easier to read through
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    Good post.. be awesome if you could format it a little.. like make each mod name in bold so that it's easier to read through
    ok done .......
    light487 likes this.

i have spent a few minutes on them, any way it could be like 10 seconds for the lot

nice work mick.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Awesome.. makes it much easier to read and find specific mods hehe..

Thanks for your hard work
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    10 seconds...just looking at the pics already gone...anywho nice review....

AVF Regular
    The idea of this thread is that hopefully lots of people that that have mods, but don't normally do reviews, could post a quick pic of their mods and a few pros and cons, without having to worry about doing a full review, or being judged on their comments, because what you like or don't is subjective

can't we just send them to you, then you can write it up.

no, sigh..
    ok, will review what few mods I have later..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    i would go for the VVPV and the Reo (one of this days..sigh)... now that i've got myself a bottom feeder(old goat), it's a delight for those who drips..

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsky View Post
    i would go for the VVPV and the Reo (one of this days..sigh)... now that i've got myself a bottom feeder(old goat), it's a delight for those who drips..
    I have had an old goat type bottom feeder and it worked well, only problem was it only lasted a month before it shorted and the wires melted (i may have been unlucky), which is why i went for something more durable. If you like the dripping experience but want a feeder then the Reo's/VVPV's are the way to go, but there are also a number of other bottom feeder makers that are good quality and a little cheaper now a days. I also owned 3 Metal Reo's (minis and grand), they are indestructable and good, but I found that the 18500 woodies are better, in terms of a compromise on size, battery life, and for some reason the woodies hit harder than the metal mods. But wood being wood is not as indestructable, and I have a little warping in the door on mine.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 02-05-12 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast