Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My first flavour review

Super Moderator

My first flavour review

Dekang Newport 18mg from Health Cabin.

I wish I was American then I would have known that Newport was a menthol blend when I ordered it. I can't stand menthol to the point where when I was younger and living at home, Mum switched to menthol because she knew I wouldn't take her cigarettes

Anyway, after a couple drops straight onto the atty, I had a vape. Initially, all I could taste was toothpaste. But the more I vaped, the more I got used to the taste. Now I don't mind it all that much, apart from the slight tingle on the end of my tongue. It has a decent throat hit and doesn't taste too bad at all. I doubt I would buy it again, but I think I will use the rest of the 10ml bottle. And then I'll have to use the 10ml of Newport 11mg I also bought ..... sigh.

I also bought some Virginia Slims in 11 and 18mg which I am PRAYING isn't menthol and a raspberry 11mg but I haven't tried them yet.

Overall, it's too early to tell if this little 510-T will help me kick the analogs, but I am giving it every chance and here's hoping!
    Jetpants likes this.

CCC
    Nice first flavour review. Don't worry about having flavours you dont like pile up... we all have those ones, i actually just went through my box of vaping stuff and threw out a heap of older juices that i am not going to vape again. Yeah i could have sold or traded or whatever, but i am lazy and chucking them didn't bother me. Finding that flavour that you love is tricky, initially you read some of the descriptions and think ?why the heck would i want to vape fruit tingles or whatever? but then you may read a few reviews and see that others are enjoying it so you give it a go just because, and then when you try it, it is either wonderful and you order 100ml next time, or it goes into that yucky pile you have gathering dust.

And then of course there seems to be phases you go through, all of a sudden you only want tobaccos, or mints, or sweets, its really strange how our flavour preferances change so much with vaping. Definatly not like how we used to stick to the 1 brand of smokes and hate it when our local shop has sold out of them.
    HangDog likes this.

Super Moderator
    I'm hearing you ... I have been exclusively smoking Longbeach 40's 4mg since they came out. Change is a difficult thing

just leave all the unloved juice in the back of the cupboard, after a few weeks or months you sometimes crave something different and unless its truly repulsive will surprise yourself at what you can vape.
    or you might get a friend onto vaping and its their favourite..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    I think once I get a few more flavors and start mixing my own, these Newports will end up in the "tried it didn't like it" pile. After vaping it for a while I'm over it and craving something that isn't menthol

AVF Regular
    ElDubya, your doing all right. My first juice purchase was the 31 flavour sampler pack from Green House One. They mostly taste like cheap chinese crap to me except the RY4. Anyway, I have about 28 5ml bottles taking up room in my juice tin!

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Super Moderator
    As soon as I get some spare cash I'm going to buy a heap of flavors and mix some myself. I do like the 11mg Virginia Slims Dekang from HC, it's tasty.

Super Moderator
    Are they still doing the 31 flavor sampler?

(edit : scrap that. Just had a look and there is none there that appeal to me by name)
    Last edited by ElDubya; 21-05-12 at 11:06 PM.

ElDubya

I've been vaping for over 2 years, and I'm probably in the minority, but I haven't yet found a flavour I like from one of the specialty juice suppiers (probably tried over 50). To me they all have a horrible chemical taste that I think you mentioned somewhere else. I'm sure lots of people do like them though - it's very subjective. I generally prefer quite bland chinese juices (banana, strawberry, pomegranate, chocolate, coffee etc.). One thing I did learn quite quickly (to my surprise) is that I don't seem to like any of the tobacco flavours. Some people love them - just not me.

Anyway, you're in for an enjoyable ride - the anticipation of waiting for new gear or juices to arrive is awesome! And even better - in the time I've been vaping, my wife and I have saved over $3000, and we've bought way more vaping stuff than we could ever use. Of course, that's not gonna stop me buying more :-)

Cheers
    Sanda
    Last edited by sanda; 22-05-12 at 12:18 AM.
    CCC and ElDubya like this.

CCC
    sanda are you talking about premixed juice or doublers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast