Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zainwolf

Thread: AVA LR - Bottom feeder edition - First impressions

AVA LR - Bottom feeder edition - First impressions

ava.jpg
    http://thermovape.com/collections/th...-made-atomizer

The infamous $50 atomizer. (Really, it's $40 now.) Okay, I too was crazy enough to pull the trigger on this one. I couldn't really afford it but that didn't stop me! lol After my disappointment with the HH.357s, I was feeling a little jaded and hesitant about these even more expensive attys, but then I read prof beard's write-up on them and saw as of his last update he has put over 90ml of juice through one and it's still going strong. Still I was hesitant, having read that they can be slightly leaky and don't fit in a drip shield. This is no longer the case AND they have released a bottom feeder edition. That was enough to push me over the edge right there and it wasn't 2 minutes after bringing the package inside that I had it open and slapped this bad boy straight onto my REO Grand. I just so happened to have one of my favourite juices inside all ready to go, VK Red 80/20 12mg. (I only put favourite juices inside the REO!)

I wet the atty and gave it a cold pull, sounded good so fired it up. The first hit wasn't overly strong but the first thing I noticed was how clean tasting it was. As I'm still breaking this in, performance is still increasing so I won't get into too much detail but I will say it's not the strongest in the vapour production department by any stretch, but does the job well enough. Anyone who reads my ravings and ramblings about vaping will probably know how much I like the Ikenvape atomizers, especially the i06 and 901s, so let me be clear when I say this now. The AVA craps all over every other atty I've tried when it comes to flavour. Seriously! I'm vaping an 80/20 mix and I can taste the VG in it. O.o

The vape is much cooler than any other LR atty I've tried. The one and only complaint I can make about this is that the bore is ever so slightly larger than normal so most of my drip tips tend to wobble in there a little. Now that Innovapor has removed that ridge from the top of the atty, these will now fit inside a drip shield. For me on my REO, this is a non-issue but for the drippers out there, you will seriously want to try these if flavour is your #1 consideration.

I'll post a full write up once I have this fully broken in and have beaten the living hell out of it more. :-) At the present time, I am really digging it and thinking I will need to keep a couple of spares handy at all times.

PS: The cheap plastic drip tip it came with has the largest opening of any 510 drip tip I've seen and it's not bad at all, fits the atty better than most of my others though you can see in the picture I'm using my stainless siam groove tip. If you seat your favourite tip and twist it into place extra firmly, it should be okay. If you just put one on carelessly, it will wobble. Some few of my tips barely fit in there at all, they're so loose.
    Last edited by zainwolf; 24-05-12 at 09:16 AM.
    Avguy and <---cop like this.

Thanks for the review.

i had my finger hovering over the trigger & yet to make a decision.

i think i am almost convinced

I spent a bit over a day breaking this in with my favourite non-sweet tobacco juice, VK Red. Tonight we're putting my favourite sweet tobacco juice in, DUP spiked with the dark smoke...

This should be interesting!

It took a while for the new flavour to fully take over but it's awesome. These atomizers seem similar to 901s in that they give more vape from less juice. In fact, I can vape this thing until it's nearly bone dry and never get a burned taste out of it! Vapour production drops off when it's not wet enough, but the flavour never changes.
    Last edited by zainwolf; 26-05-12 at 02:46 AM.