Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: nube review - Uranos Stainless Steel Tube Mod

nube review - Uranos Stainless Steel Tube Mod

Really pleased with this neat little mod so I decided to present my nube review debut with a quick look at Uranos - but first...

standard eTama nube review disclaimer 15/6/12 : Going strong at 3+mths 100% analogue free but still very much a nube
    90% of my vaping done on boges, didn't get my first cartotank or attys till 6wks in, intro lvl on ikv cannon,i06
    eGo batts in fist for the the first 6wks> provari2 in fist 6wks> throathit twin in fist 6wks++>>...
    mods in the flesh turned out to be 80% the size I expected so my notion of wanting stealth has changed a bit
    I wasn't just born with GAS, I also have a condition I call RAM - Reseach>Acquire>Maybe even use it after a month or three

Uranos in a nutshell...

Stainless Steel 2pc telescopic (18XX0 batts) lockable bottom button battery tube.

Bought from list on prorok's thread on UkV
    Nice, easy to deal with dude I have gotten a cartotank and cyclon from before

Cost - 60gbp + 10gbp (signed/insured post,13gbp upto 3 items) - @pprox 110aud

1. 18490 mods vs eGo - comparo nuevo.jpg18490 mods vs eGo - comparo 4.jpgComparo 18490 vs eGo grupa nui.jpg18490 mods vs eGo - comparo 5.jpgUranos inc.18490 batt - 128g.jpg
    18490 vs eGo size comparo, weight including battery

Pro's -
    Simple mech design, well proportioned.Robust SS build- well machined.
    Small in 650 mode, stealth in 500, tiny in 350. Stands easily when unlocked.
    Adjustable throw bottom button and positive pin (supplied +spare 18350 pins included).
    Good vfm for the quality.

Given's due to design and origin -Trade Skilled Enthusiast builder -
    Setup required - Positive pin adjustment and button throw plus compression section mod (spring housing)
    Finish may not be 100% - Same high polish as the Cyclon, mine has some small rub/scuff marks that will take a few minutes to polish out.
    BB usermod recommended - 5 minute job, make sure you have the exact allen key not the the one next that sorta fits lol
    Thread on lock ring section needed a clean but quickly like butter, all other threads, and theres heaps on this telescopic baby, are A1.

Con's -
    Only been using on and off for last 48hrs but none expected being a mechanical mod.
    Aside from Given's (setup^^) never seen anything -ve on the thread (gotta be 50 or more owners at a guess) makes sense

IMO
    Once setup this is a pleasure to hold and a breeze in operation.
    Solid and compact, fits my hand and weight feels better to hold than the dainty P+500
    Ergonomically A1 for my hand, the fuller grip and large smooth button allows accurate firing
    with very little effort by tightening my grip which is how I expected a BB to behave.

Thanks to Rafal and his mystery machinist man for the fine work and friendly trading and thanks readers for checking my first ever review xox
    Looking forward to cruz' don comparo hint'hint as it shares a similar feature set and was a mod I'd considered earlier

Credit and Thanks go to murfey for these fine comparo pics at post#1045 and also Vapid, for the excellent fix pics tutorial at post#1464.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

Lol always wondered who the mystery machinist was ..
    Fantastic review mate.. thanks for the givin me the heads up on this a while back..

oh and btw, batch 6 is shipped.. slanted on its way mate.

prorok & mr.x on the wheels of steel lol
    no probs and thanks cruz for helping me get my other top

Forgot to mention folks,

You have the option of the original Slant (designed for Cyclon) as above^^ or Flat tops.
    Top section only- Cost-25gbp @pprox 39aud
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the review, looks like a versatile mod for a good price.

Fantastic review mate...
    Thanks for the review...
    Last edited by btwlzyq; 18-07-12 at 01:31 PM.

Top section only- Cost-25gbp @pprox 39aud?????
    Lol always wondered who the mystery machinist was a big steel pipe HA..

AVF Regular
    hi,

Having just got mine (from cruz) I would agree it is a good versatile mod at a good price, and I am really happy with it.

2 points to consider.
    - as the vent hole is on the top tube, in 18350 mode it is actually covered by the bottom tube, so a slight risk of using it like that.
    - The bottom button is very stiff (i like it, it works well, contacts well, and you can stand it up on its end without screwing the lock and it doesnt fire, so a plus for me), but if you dont have big hands the amount of pressure you need to use to use it may be a bit much for some, although its easy enough to replace the spring with a softer one.
    cruzmiguel likes this.

yes the vent hole is pretty nowhere on mine, forgot to mention that, even in 650 its about 75% covered by the top internal plate there anyway but as you say no chance in 350 mode.

Was the button modified?? I did mine and it improved it nicely, pretty much as per Vapid^^, only neg for me is LOTS of threads and might 'crunch' a kick with it lol.

AVF Regular
    i have a kick on the way, and your right it will be interesting to see how it goes with all the threads. Dont know why they even needed to thread the inside of the top tube as it screws in on with the outside threads on the top tube to the inside threads of the bottom tube?

Seen a few people mention they use them with kicks so i guess must be ok, will find out soon,
    Last edited by Mickg33; 18-07-12 at 04:19 PM.

AVF Regular
    It will be nice to see it next to your Paps when you get it.BTW How did you get your Paps sent so quickly?
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast