Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eGo-T LR

eGo-T LR

Got one today, in a word - great.

I've found it has much better vapour production than standard (as you'd expect), and slightly better flavour (still much weaker than a 306).

And being able to use a tank, very convenient LR vaping on the go.

I love it.

Del
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Gotta agree - trying it now. Still not as warm as a 306 or flavour as you say Pezz, but a very nice vape and handy with tanks.
    The original and the best !

AVF Regular
    I am still at a loss to understand exactly what a low resistance atty does compared to a normal atty.
    like does it burn hotter or something giving better flavour and vape??

AVF Regular
    got my lr ego tank couple of days ago given it a fair floggin but im afraid after months of driping the 306 s---s all over the tank.vaper is much better but lacks that th warmth. however i shall persist with it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by krusty32 View Post
    I am still at a loss to understand exactly what a low resistance atty does compared to a normal atty.
    Yup, that's a reasonable summary.

Like all things with vaping, it's not entirely cut and dried.

There are other factors that come into it as well. The main one is the over-all design of the attie. As an example, I've found LR 510 atties to be inferior in flavour to standards, and vastly inferior to 306LRs! Both have a similar resistance so the difference must be down to the rather different designs of the 510 and 306. I suspect the performance of the 306 might have a fair bit to do with it's massive bridge and the amount of juice the additional mash allows it to carry.

Also, it seems different flavours and mixtures of juice react differently to each type.

Quote Originally Posted by krusty32 View Post

Like a kettle with a bigger heater .. gets to the boil quicker and produce more steam if left on the boil. There is no real change in temperature though as the temp is limited by the evaporation which removes power from the system, does taste hotter though as the expelled stream of vapour is a larger volume. Some flavours come out stronger at the higher wattages, some are destroyed by it. Wicking needs to be better than normal as more is evaporated, so its a lot easier to get a burnt taste.

P = V^2 / R

So halving the resistance doubles the power
    doubling the voltage is 4 times the power.

For an ego battery .. use 3.2v as its regulated .. so the V^2 part is always 10.2

A normal joye tanks atty is 2.2Ω which give 4.7W .. I like around 8W for best TH and no burn with dekang stuff, I find JW flavours are better at the lower wattages.

Currently on 4.1V on a 2.1Ω atty .. heh, 8W.

So the 306LR at 1.6Ω is 6.4W

There is a bit more complexity thrown in when using HV mods and USB pt's .. I have not checked but I doubt all of them will be actually producing the expected voltage at the atty, many are over driving a lower rated regulator and protected batterys have an internal resistance due to the switching.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the answers.Gunna get a couple to try with some dekang stuff I am having trouble with.
    Coffee,Cappuccino,Chocolate all do not vape very well in the ego-t.No taste very little vapour and no TH.

They work fine in 510.Maybe an LR might solve this.

Grape,banana,watermelon work fine..
    Have yet to try Menthol,DK-tab,Red-usa mix

AVF Regular
    Ego-t LR one word GREAT!! More flavour,more vape.
    Glad I bought a couple one of my standard attys died about 4 weeks old.
    Usually had no probs with a rinse and soak in hot water,let dry for 24 hours.

Don't think I will clean the LR's.
    Plenty of vape with cappuccino,coffee and chocolate but very very little taste..

510 tanks..Waste of money leaks and sometimes get a gob full of juice.

When I wash the Ego-T attys, I usually just blow them out really well, dry them off with a cloth and use them straight away. Ive only had them for a week thus far though so we'll see how they go.

I'm finding that the cartos would be much better value for money if you ask me.

Del
    It's a hard choice. I switch between ego T LR tank and Boge 510LR cartos. I use a 306 a little bit, but I am such a lazy vaper.

The vapemate from SuperT Manufacturing is awesome with the cartos, you can just keep them wet all the time, but it's cumbersome to take out and people look at it like its some kind of weird alien device. A drip tip I think is a must with LR cartos - you can keep them wet easily which they need to be and you don't burn your lips - if you are chain vaping the carto's get mighty hot and the drip tip doesn't heat up to burning point.

Del
    The original and the best !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast