Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LIQUA - Bright Tobacco and American Blend - Initial impressions

AVF Regular

LIQUA - Bright Tobacco and American Blend - Initial impressions

Carrying on from previous LIQUA review

LIQUA - Traditional Tobacco - Initial impressions

These are juices made in china with Italian flavourings.

Not much flavour here, hints of fruit. I'm wondering if you'd get more flavour out of a straight up atomizer instead of a stardust clearo and twist, maybe so. I vape at around 4-4.2v on a standard resistance clearo. The colour of the liquid is surprisingly clear. Tried clearing my 'palate' (sound stupid i know) with cleansing ale, but not much. Recently been vaping pink spot swagger and halo tribecca so they are pretty full on juices, so maybe expecting a bit too much.

Same with American Blend, not much different, no fruit. not sweet. I think a lot of tobacco flavour lovers don't want sweet from what I've seen around the internet.

Not sure if it would steep, but you never know how long it's been hanging around on shelves. All bottles have a use-by date which is pretty good and July 2014 is a long time away, so on that basis it's been mixed about a month ago.

Traditional was better than both of them imho. Perhaps that was because it was the first one I tried, so i'm loading up a traditional now to see....and yes there it is, some flavour, nice mild fairly genuine tobacco flavour.

HC also do Cuban, Turkish and French pipe which I don't have. Would be interesting to see reviews from anybody here that's tried it, does it beat HC's Camel/Desert ship, that was always one of my faves among the cheaper juices.

The more I use the Bright Tobacco the more I like it - especially when I increase the settings on the variable voltage. It has all the (for want of a better word) harshness of a smoke, but no other real taste, as in no sweetness, no maple-syrup which is personally something I dislike, it doesn't taste like it was made from the dried grasses of the tumbleweeds straight off the prairies, it does have a hint of pepper (I wouldn't have described it as aniseed, but we're all different, it just seems like a slight peppery taste. I don't mean like paprika or capsicum, just plain pepper) which really only gives it that throat hit, nothing too overpowering...which is good as my nose seems to react badly to some of the spicy flavours.
    I just wish I had ordered more, as it was only $1 a bottle - (well, it still is actually at ecigmodshop.) But after reading your review I would have liked to try the Traditional as well, unfortunately they were sold out.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    If i remember correctly, I found the health cabin bright tobacco a nice easy all dayer vape a, even though it was a lightish flavour, but when i got the $1 doublers from the ecigmodshop it tasted quite different - a stronger more turkish tobacco type taste. It may have been how strong I made it up, but the flavours seemed quite different

Assuming my memmory was accurate
    Last edited by Mickg33; 09-10-12 at 03:37 PM.

AVF Regular

Well I do need to put in an order for some nic, so might add the Traditional Tobacco to it. But I will go back to ecigmodhop for the bright tobacco as I know it suits me. (mind you, I only mix it with 12 mg nic)

I just think that for anyone looking for a tobacco-like flavour that is not going to overpower you with sweetnes/nuttiness/whatever, its not too bad at all.

AVF Regular
    Vermillion River Kentucky Premium is da shit for tobacco vape, my fave at moment

@Mickg33 - I wonder why that would be? Allowing for you maybe mixing it differently , it is not the fist time by any means where I have read of people ordering the same flavour from 2 different vendors & it tasting quite different. Is it because the vendors buy the flavour concentrates & then mix them their own way?? Or is it just the age of the product?? I would like to know, because it must be very disappointing to find the flavour you love, then find your usual stockist is out of supply, so order it elsewhere, & find it tastes completely different.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sixties View Post
    @Mickg33 - I wonder why that would be? Allowing for you maybe mixing it differently , it is not the fist time by any means where I have read of people ordering the same flavour from 2 different vendors & it tasting quite different. Is it because the vendors buy the flavour concentrates & then mix them their own way?? Or is it just the age of the product?? I would like to know, because it must be very disappointing to find the flavour you love, then find your usual stockist is out of supply, so order it elsewhere, & find it tastes completely different.
    In the past I have got the same juices from vendors and found the flavour is quite different, but its only been with chinese dekang flavours that I had that issue with, its never happened to local or USA juice vendors. I have also had the odd juice taste like burning rubber when they have been left in the fridge for over a year, so its possible they may have been old before i got them, but again that was a chinese juice.

It it possible that it may have even been different liqua tobacco flavours i was comparing, as I often dont pay attention to what I grab and mix out off the fridge. I have 4 more bright tobacco's in the fridge so will make up another mix soon and see.

In general though I have always found flavours to be consistent from batch to batch when bought from the same supplier, which makes sense as they wouldn't do well if their juices are inconsistent
    Last edited by Mickg33; 09-10-12 at 04:52 PM.

OK - well I'm yet to try anything from the US - although I am very tempted,as reviews seem to be very positive.
    I just wondered whether vendors bought maybe, say the "Liqua" brand concentrates, mixed them their own way & then re-sold them under the same "Liqua" name...even though they may have been mixed differently from another vendor following their own procedure...which they also advertised as "Liqua" brand. (just using that one as an example)

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Vermillion River Kentucky Premium is da shit for tobacco vape, my fave at moment
    Its good hey, its my all day vape. Got a bottle of the K-max last order too, its like the premium without any sweetness.
    Last edited by extre248; 09-10-12 at 05:08 PM.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast