Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

The Eclipse - evolution or a techno big brick?

Hi,

There is always something new coming out in the ecig world. For some time there has been a lot of hype around the eclipse, a programmable variable voltage top feeder with more bells and whistles than a train station. I have been keeping an eye on this for some time, and after watching the "simulated promo videos of the development" was quite excited.

Here is a link of the first video of it in the flesh, as it was introduced at vapefest.

http://vapetv.com/basilray/?video=182#

For me I love the tech, top feeder and VV, but I am happy with my 5v at home and to take out and about it needs to be compact and look good. And at around $300 it really needs to tick all the boxes. This doesn't do it for me, but I am sure many will like it.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 31-03-11 at 06:10 PM.

Sik
    I have been watching this one too....

It does look rather large unfortunately...
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

thats pretty cool. The only thing I dont like is having to remember all of the 'tap' sequences for changing voltage and feeding settings.

Lol, I thought this would be "IT." Unfortunately due to the size and price I don't think so. If they can reduce the size, incorporate a display (I mean for $300 the touch thing is nice and novel but it should also have a display IMO) and make it alot cheaper this won't be my list of wants for a while. The only real innovation in it, is its feeder technology which just doesn't do it for me. An Ali'i vv is probably going to be my next mod unless something else has shown its head from this recent vapefest.

Quote Originally Posted by bagurk View Post
    thats pretty cool. The only thing I dont like is having to remember all of the 'tap' sequences for changing voltage and feeding settings.
    By the time you've remembered how to turn it on, the guy with the Provari and a vape-mate has almost finished laughing at you

AVF Regular
    Too big, too bulky, too complex and too expensive IMHO

Its obviously well made, has some clever ideas built in and will be greatly loved by neckbeards, but it's not for me......

AVF Regular
    Yep, it looked so much slicker and smaller in the promotional videos they had on their website. I was almost going to hold of buying my reo mini as I thought the eclipse may be perfect for out and about. It's twice the size of what I imagined. So much to go wrong with it to. Oh well maybe version 2 or 3

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Oh well maybe version 2 or 3
    aye... it reminds me of a 1980's cell phone Great idea's in it tho, lets hope the sell enough bricks to make a v2 mini and they also make it as easy to use as the promo vid looked.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    yep lol,that exactly what it reminded me of as well - the old brick cell phones

These new "mega" mods and their pricetags are driving me up the wall. I'm sick of seeing a new mod come out with a pricetag upwards of $150USD.. the Precious is $209USD, this one is $300... wtf.. people need to make a stand by NOT buying these things at those outrageous prices.

The components themselves + the labour to construct is way lower than the amounts they are asking for.

I wouldn't care if it was the best fricken "battery holder" on the market.. it's still just a fricken battery holder.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast