Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Smoktech Stainless Telescope. Quick First Impressions

Smoktech Stainless Telescope. Quick First Impressions

I posted this in the EcigModshop vendor thread, but thought I might copy here. I will do a more thorough review when I get some time.

Got mine this morning.
    Set it up with the kick, 18490 and the AGA-T for the cheapest stainless steel, Variable wattage Genesis set up I could think of. The quality of boh belies the price.

I cant believe how much better this is compared to the previous Telescope. It is much better built, the screw in top cap instead of the pressed fit, the stem on the locking mechanism, improved button and spring. The AGA full of juice is no lightweight and wll sit on the button and not fire.
    Not sure about the massive vent slots though and the thread on one end is a bit sticky, but other than that the rest of the threads are nice.
    I really like it.

Thanks Tim. ( I feel a review coming on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra03tPIlC3M
    Last edited by vapourize; 01-12-12 at 08:13 AM.

You are all just a bloody bunch of enablers. I am now compelled to talk to Tim and Simon and see if they've got one left so I can have an "out and about" mod !!!

There goes the money I got for the GoPro housing
    Tim@EcigModShop and gtadmin like this.

Double Post ?!?
    Last edited by limbot; 28-11-12 at 09:34 PM.

A good trade Limbot.
    Just waiting on the surf kit for it now

Got rid of the Blurfix Kit in the end too to some guy from Melbourne, so guess I'm trading GoPro stuff for vaping stuff (much better way of looking at it than as just spending money )

Oh and I just started researching the kick...ARGHHHHHHHHH
    Last edited by limbot; 28-11-12 at 09:48 PM.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Thanks for the review, they are good looking buggers and very solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by vapourize View Post
    I posted this in the EcigModshop vendor thread, but thought I might copy here. I will do a more thorough review when I get some time.

Got mine this morning.
    Set it up with the kick, 18490 and the AGA-T for the cheapest stainless steel, Variable wattage Genesis set up I could think of. The quality of boh belies the price.

I cant believe how much better this is compared to the previous Telescope. It is much better built, the screw in top cap instead of the pressed fit, the stem on the locking mechanism, improved button and spring. The AGA full of juice is no lightweight and wll sit on the button and not fire.
    Not sure about the massive vent slots though and the thread on one end is a bit sticky, but other than that the rest of the breads are nice.
    I really like it.

Thanks Tim. ( I feel a review coming on).

www.ecigmodshop.com.au

Smoktech Stainless Telescope!

I got mine this afternoon, thanks to Tim/Simon for a good deal, I must say that I am very impressed by this Mod!
    The fit and finish are really nice, it all fits so well together, I found that the lower body part wont screw completely off the top tube, but I think it has been designed this way so the threads don't show,
    It screws out through the bottom section flawlessly however, I'm trying to say that the top and bottom sections will not separate from the middle!
    The bottom button is very well designed with a spring to take up tension on the battery so no rattles at all, while the switch itself is contained in the switch assembly, so you have no raw connection directly to the battery.

The kick fits in well and I found it better to put it in from the bottom making sure the spring on the kick didn't stick out of the slots, the slots are the letdown on this!
    You can see the battery through the slots, but I have a silver battery so it doesn't look that bad, I hardly noticed afterwards anyway.
    If it had a flat top I think a lot of genesis style atties would look so much better, the AGA-T looks bulky however the mini DID looks very nice or even the AGA-S which I believe is the smaller atty would also look great!

Sooo over all I'm very impressed, and consider it one of my better investments, I feel like I got a quality Mod for a dirt cheap price!

Hey Vapourize,
    Great first impressions.

I never knew what the Smoktech telescope was before you wrote about it.
    Did some research on the tube lastnight about it.

Good looking mod overall hey.
    Great you dont need an ego adaptor either.
    Wish the provari had that feature sometimes.

Im glad you guys have the V2 model,
    The original had no ventilation,really? c'mon!.

I wonder if there are different colors also.

Looking forward to the the review Vapourize.
    Thanks

Jay
    AVF Regular
    Yep...I'm impressed as well. Can't run any RBA's on it though. Do I need one of these kick things?
    I also found the middle section doesn't completely come apart. I just thought I had a dodgy thread towards the end but with the bottom section coming off, no problems. It's super small with a 18350 in it. Perfect for the pocket when walking. And you don't see the slots.

The button is a little wobbly when not locked. Can't stand it upright with much stability unless I lock it. Good mod though. Feels nice in the hand.
    Posted this pic in the new shinies thread.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

You don't need the kick Jay. I run the AGA-t on it with or without the kick. The kick offers some protection for any shorts and allows Variable wattage so I can up the power a bit.
    If you build a coil on the Provari at about 1.5ohms and it doesn't short the Provari it will run fine on this. I have some RBA's that don't work on the Precise or this because the centre pin doesn't hit the +ve of the mod.
    Not sure why yours isn't working? You can push the centre pin of the AGA down a bit by loosening the bottom nut of the centre post. Probably better to ask one of the vets though.
    Jay likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast