Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Velvet Cloud Vapor: 5 Juices.

AVF Regular

Velvet Cloud Vapor: 5 Juices.

About a month ago I stumbled onto the Velvet Cloud Vapor store. The art for their products, the descriptions and flavours sounded amazing. They are a US vendor located in San Francisco.
    I contacted their head juice chef, Julie Ngo, and chatted with her about my PG sensitivity and about their extracts and mixing.
    All of their extracts are home brewed with deionized water, they end up with a VG/distilled water blend that is not as thick or gooey as other VG juices I've tried.
    The customer service there is awesome. I emailed them asking about their VG content and received a response 2 hours later with all the info I was looking for and the offer of some free samples. Let's get into the review. All juices were vaped in a VK Comet V2 clearo on my eGo C Twist.
    All juices are a blend of VG and Distilled water with 12mg of nic.

White Beard: This juice is a light tobacco juice with custard, butterscotch and "old timey favourites". Vaped at 3.2 volts it was very fragrant, kind of smelt like a cologne mixed with baccy and custard, the exhale gave that same creamy after taste a good vanilla custard has. Bumped it up to 3.6 volts, and wow. This juice tastes and smells exactly like you're cuddling with an old dude, while smoking a pipe, and eating custard.
    Unfortunately, it started to taste a little burnt at 3.6v dropped it down to 3.4 and found the sweet spot. It is not overly sweet at all, it is very fragrant, but pleasantly so. At both 3.6v and 3.4v there was some nice comfortable throat hit, it was not really there at 3.2v.
    The tobacco is delicate and sweet, lending itself well to the overall taste, smell, and feeling of the juice.

The juice is what it says it is. If you dig mild tobacco, just the right amount of sweet, creamy custard, and spicy smells this is a winner.
    5/5 It hit all the right spots for me. Easily an "all day" vape.

Mewlew's Magic: Their site says it's a chocolate, fudge, doughnut, cream, butterscotch blend. I say it's a chocolate lava cake in vape form.
    It has been stupidly hard to find dessert vapes that do not taste like liquid sugar. It's even harder to find chocolate vapes that don't taste like the cheap chocolate syrup from the supermarket. This juice is fantastic, if you like chocolate. It literally tastes like a perfectly made chocolate cake. Heavy chocolate taste, a very small amount of sweet, and a definite cake flavour.
    Vaped at 3.2 volts it was really nice, kind of cool but nice. Bumped it up to 3.6 and damn! The heat makes it awesome. It goes from straight chocolate cake to chocolate lava cake. Again, 3.6v is a little much for my comets and things get burnt, dropped to 3.4v and it was still kind of warm and had a more fudgey taste to it.
    Throat hit was nice and not too harsh at 3.6v Very smooth.

As a dessert vape this is pretty good, as a chocolate vape it's dead on.
    5/5 It hits the right notes for a good chocolate cake vape and doesn't kill it with overly sweet silliness.

Peach Tea: VCV say it's a blend of different teas and natural peach. The only tea I can taste in this is a green tea, the peach is definitely there, too.
    This one was not very sweet at all. It started off really really mellow. I tried vaping it at 3.4v and it tasted wrong, burnt and bleh, back down to 3.2 and it was back to it's mellow iced green tea flavour.
    I let it sit in my clearo over night and went to have a vape the next morning, what a change a night makes. It had gotten sweeter and a lot stronger in both the tea and peach flavours, it is a good vape, but a tiny bit sweet for me. I found it went really well with a super cold glass of ice water, no icky after taste, but a little sweet. There was no real throat hit to speak of with this juice, there was a little one at 3.4v before it started tasting like a burnt shoe, but non-existent at 3.2v.

I use this as a flavour change up. If I get tired of something else I swap to the Peach Tea and have a nice big glass of water, after an hour or so I swap over to a different "all day" juice.
    3.5/5 It is what it says it is. It's peach blended with green tea. If you like fruit and teas, give this a go.

Night Shift: Described as a creamy coffee with sugar along side chocolate glazed doughnuts by Velvet Cloud, and I agree.
    The coffee hit is great. Tastes like a really great cup of coffee, not burnt, not too bitter, not too sweet. It's the middle ground of coffee juice. The glazed doughnut flavour took a little while to come through, but once it did, it was pretty spot on.
    I vaped an entire comet and drained my battery before I knew it, it's sweet, but again, none of these juices are overly sweet or syrupy.
    3.2-3.4v is a really happy place for this juice. A nice little surprising throat hit, not harsh, but a nice little kick.

I don't know what else to tell you about this juice. It's a great morning vape, it goes amazingly well with a cup of coffee, or just after dinner.
    5/5 Spot on coffee vape with a great doughnut flavour on the exhale. If you like coffee and pastries, this one is a winner.

Monkey Business: The website says it's a banana, chocolate, cake batter, coffee, and fudge flavour. Here's what I got from it.
    It tastes like those dehydrated banana chips dipped in chocolate. It's really nice, but I couldn't find the coffee flavour at all. It's a great banana choc vape, I could not vape it higher than 3.2v as the juice tasted like it was frying. This is more a limitation of the poor abused comet I was vaping it in. This one did have a happy little throat hit at 3.2v, still quite smooth though.
    Nice little desert vape, not my favourite, but really nice. Think of it like a slightly warm choc-banana paddle pop.

3/5 It's a nice vape, but nothing special. I couldn't find the coffee flavour at all so it loses points there. As a plain old choc-banana vape it's quite nice. Not too sweet, and does not taste of candy banana, it's proper banana flavour.

Vapour production from all of the juices was pretty uniform, you get a fair bit even at the lower voltages I was using. I imagine in a dripping atty, with a slightly less shit battery, at about 4.2v you'd be a bloody fog machine with these juices.

Thanks for reading.

AVF Regular
    Great Review,

Should sent sample juices to you.
    Rynxa likes this.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Great Review Rynxa.

Will get myself some White Beard.
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vapourize View Post
    Great Review Rynxa.

Will get myself some White Beard.
    Thanks If you need a different nic level that what is listed on their site, leave a note in the order comments and they will do a custom nic blend for you with no hassle

really excellent and informative review Rynxa and I hope it is the first of many more.
    Thank you for taking the time to write it and letting us know what the juices were like.

Keep up the great work.
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ahh the perfect review I was looking for,

Just got 120 mls of Mewlews Magic
    120 mls of Nightshift and 30mls of Chocolate Pudding.

Glad two of them were in this review with a 5/5 rating

great stuff, had a feeling the mewlews and nightshift would be great. should have ordered more!

1x Monkey Business - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Candy Bar - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Nutty Cookie - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Harvest Berry - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Pillow Mints - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Mewlew's Magic - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Night Shift - 12 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the reviews, after reading I wish I'd grabbed larger sizes Burley Beard Tobacco, Blue Beard Tobacco, Harvest Berry, Wild Cherries, Night Shift, Monkey Business, Mewlew's Magic, Campfire all 15mls

AVF Regular
    You're welcome! I've since tried their Blue Beard and Pillow Mints.

I wish I wasn't so broke atm, I'd order more Pillow Mints and White Beard. They're my favourites.

The staff at VCV are really nice, they even sent me a little knitted Mewlew plushie
    bugzme likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Great review.

Prompted an order from me:

1x Nutty Cookie - 18 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Campfire - 18 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Maple Mountain Breakfast - 18 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Mewlew's Magic - 18 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each
    1x Night Shift - 18 MG / 15 ML for $7.20 each

Discounts : $-3.60 USD
    Subtotal : $32.40 USD
    Shipping : $14.00 USD
    Total : $46.40 USD

Now I wished I'd ordered Pillow Mints to try!

Ooh well, maybe next time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast