Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Joyetech Evic Review

AVF Regular

Joyetech Evic Review

Ok guys received my evic about a hour ago and been using it flatout so i thought i would do a noob review on it. Now this is my 1st review ever so please go easy on me haha

BUILD QUALITY
    Now the build quality is quite good the finish on it is very well done but very very fingerprint prone. The silver almost has a metallic flakey paintjob on it which looks quite good aswell. The threads on it are abit rough when compared to say a provari but not bad enough to disappointed with. The end cap has a nice laser etched joyetech design on it with a brass negative spring on the inside. Now the direction slider on it does feel abit loose and cheap but does work ok you turn clockwise to go down the menu and anti clockwise to go up in menus which is how it should be if you ask me. The button on it has a nice click positive feel to it so you know when firing and going into the menu. The device weighs
    WITH BATTERY 113gms
    WITHOUT BATTERY 68gms
    Its also has a 510 & a ego connection with a very deep drip well so for all the drippers out there your set its probably the biggest drip well ive seen

SCREEN
    The screen i think is where the evic really shines. It has a very good display very clear nothing to cramped on the screen aswell. The only bad thing i can faulter is the font is a little small but still can be read quite easy. If the font was to be bigger they would have to change the screen size

PERFORMANCE
    Ive been using my genesis maxi on it with a 3/4 wrap 1.6ohms at 3.6v 5.2w and been getting not to bad performance out of it. Nice throat hit and quite thick vapor out of a 50/50 pg/vg juice. I still feel the provari puts out abit more power but cant verify it as i dont have a meter to read the volts sorry guys. If you remove the battery the volts do reset but it keeps the puff counter which is abit strange i say if its keeping the puff counter why cant it keep the voltage??? and if you power off the device it does the same thing. If i had to say choose between a evic and provari i would have to choose drum roll please lol................. provari. If you got the money i still say get a provari but if your after a cheapish mod with alot of cool features and very good display then go the evic. But as everyone says it doesnt matter what you own whether you own a ego, a ggts, or a provari if it works for you and keeps you off the analogues well thats the best for you.
    Thanks for reading the review and remember please go easy on me haha Merry xmas to all AVF Members
    Yatesy

Last edited by yatesy88; 11-12-12 at 02:24 PM.

AVF Regular
    Looks like a bit of a monstrosity. What's the dimensions ?
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Super Moderator
    Nice review Yatesy !
    Can we have a day later update when you've used it and explored it a bit more ?
    I would be interested to see exactly what the upper power limit would be ?
    Do you have an ECD meter to play with and check off the accuracy
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks Yatesy! Keen for an update in a few days once you've knocked around with it for a bit

AVF Regular
    the dimensions are 12.5cm long and 2cm in diameter so yeah quite a large device . Fatman will definetely do a day later update but dont have a ECD meter thats next on my list but yeah im very curious myself aswell to see if the voltage is accurate etc

Great review, and photograph.
    If it isn't asking too much could you also review the computer software?
    And merry Christmas to you and your family too.

Super Moderator
    it's ok yatesy, send it to me, i'll put it through it's paces and send it back to you

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    Great review, and photograph.
    If it isn't asking too much could you also review the computer software?
    And merry Christmas to you and your family too.
    No worries mate im gonna thrash it out through the day then have a look at the software tonight. Thats another small con i can think of aswell that they didnt give u a cd with the software you have to download it i think. Its being abit picky but im sure it wouldnt be very hard to just throw the cd in starter kit

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I thought they would have included it aswell.
    Do you thin that there would be a risk of filling the pv memory up completely or would it be impossible.
    I really like the screen though. Is it easy to read in the dark?
    Wonder how long till you can get a screen like that on a Provari?

AVF Regular
    Not quite sure on the memory ill have a look at the software and see if theres any info on it for ya. As for the screen in the dark its very clear even in sunlight you can easily make out the voltage, battery reading and puff counter. I really dont like the directional slider though it feels very cheap and maybe prone to breaking with further use

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast