Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By mathsguy
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By mathsguy
  • 1 Post By mathsguy
  • 1 Post By Mickg33

Thread: Review: Temon by MM Vapors

Review: Temon by MM Vapors

Hi - a quick review on my latest shiny, the Temon by MM Vapors.

This is a really small and light - under 150mm with the drip tip on (14500 version) and weighs about 95g with battery and juice. I got it for going out with - especially fishing and going to the beach and as a zombie apocalypse proof ego replacement - I got sick of lugging the provari around and having it pull my shorts down.

The Temon is made as well as all Jimís other stuff - top notch.

The buddon works beautifully, I can operate it with my pinkie no probs (Iím a sax player so YMMV) and you donít have to worry about whether it will fire or not - it just works and the current flow is excellent (I got brass buddon and atty connector) - it fires noticeably better than my Zen mini and I havenít measured yet, but it feels like there are more electrons arriving at the coil.

Atty post is adjustable.

The Temon (D16) atty is interesting - Iíve always felt the mini DID tastes better than the full size (maybe because there is less volume around the coil, maybe because there is less thermal mass) - the D16 sits in between the two, but closer to the mini in flavour. The wick hole is quite big for the size, itís only slightly smaller than the full size DID. I think I still prefer the mini DID but not by much and the extra capacity is worth the trade off.

Battery life is not as bad as I thought (I get more than I do from the 18350 in the Zen mini), but the 14500 is so small, itís no biggy to carry a few around. I get through 2 or 3 in a day.

It doesnít fit protected 14500s

I got the 14500 because there seemed to be more battery choices, but I should have got the 14650 model - a few extra mAh + you can charge in a straight 18650 charger

I still have much to learn about building coils, but I have this chuffing away with THE FILL SCREW IN, so totally pocket friendly. Flavour is reduced a bit this way, and you need a bit of tilt - meh.

I donít feel compelled to change the stock plastic tip (delcron?)

Finally, dealing with Jim is an absolute pleasure - he is quick, responsive, honest and courteous - an old school professional and nice guy.

Cons: There is a buddon lock, but Jim has machined the brass with such precision that the locking nut binds against the mating surface with almost no pressure, and trying to turn it back to lock will usually unscrew the whole mechanism from the body - he needs to reduce the binding surface area with a deliberate flaw in one of the surfaces or (what I will do) pop in a thin teflon washer or something similar. Coming back the other way is obviously no problem.

There is no end rattle, but a little side to side battery rattle with AWs - sorted with some gaffa or nitto on your battery.

There is no all brass option

Conclusion: I bought this as my going out mod, but I havenít used anything since - this is what vaping should be about: just grab your stick and press the nicotine button without looking like your sucking on Dr Whoís dildo... Iíll be having a mod killathon so I can buy another one of these and a Poldiac in the new year.

Thanks for listening - Merry Humbug.

Attachment 5182

Attachment 5183
    <---cop, eTama, Stomp and 5 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Nice review Mathsguy ... what did it sting you all up if its not rude ?
    mathsguy likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Cheers,

$164 (130 Euros) for the Temon atty and the battery mod + $30 for UPS shipping - it was here in a few days + the piece of mind with UPS.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    That quite do-able for the quality you seem to have observed
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Just ordered a blemished Temon 14500 (just the battery mod), as they have a few in stock. I am hoping the spring is stiff enough that i can put it down without locking it , and it wont fire ? With the gus 14500 i keep forgetting to lock it when on the booze and it keeps firing, worried one day the battery will blow or something ... Also I have some brass drip tips coming but no mods with brass ends to go with it?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 14-04-13 at 09:12 PM.

You can stand it up no worries without firing and the battery spring will collapse under a short (well mine did), but it's good to be extra careful with the smaller batt sizes. Good luck with it.
    Mickg33 likes this.

AVF Regular
    thanks for the reply - i have just noticed that they have replaced the springs with softer ones in about feb, hopefully not to soft, but i guess they will be easy enough to swap over worse case.
    mathsguy likes this.