Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: GTs Comet Tanks

GTs Comet Tanks

Just thought I'd start a little thread here so as not to confuse the comet design thread.

GT very kindly sent me two of his home made comet tanks to try out, one is made from vision stone tanks and the other I think is made from a syringe body and home brew grommets.

I've had them in my draw for a few days and finally had a chance to open the package and try one out this morning. I decided to start with the stone tank one as this would be my preferred option and also easier to take apart and dry burn.

image.jpg

Having rinsed and dry burned and rinsed again I loaded it up with some 70pg/30vg 0 flavour juice and quickly realised why GT is so definite that there must be a fill hole on a proper comet tank. As you load from the top it simply drains out the bottom. I was not completely taken by surprise as I have done this many times with my own dodgy constructions but it did give me the feeling that it may not be going to work.

Have some faith Duck, I hear GT say. Yes well once I had screwed the top back on a couple of quick blows and it was clear of juice and wicking nicely with not a single gurgle.

Well done GT this def proves that a comet tank of this type will work flawlessly if set up correctly.

For a more in depth analysis of how this system works check out the Designing a comet tank thread.
    Last edited by wood duck; 07-01-13 at 11:25 PM.
    romaniac, Mushman, Robray and 1 others like this.

By the way GT how do you recommend taking the syringe one apart. I'm very impressed with it but wow those grommets look and feel tight. Which is a good thing.

Edit , It's alright got the top off thanks, not as hard as I thought.
    Last edited by wood duck; 07-01-13 at 11:12 AM.
    Robray likes this.

Ok and now the syringe body version.

image.jpg

Another raging success. This type still makes use of the syringe fill silicone piece so refilling is a breeze.
    Also unlike my attempt it feels very sturdy and unlikely to fall apart and leak on you.
    Vaping and wicking perfectly .

I have not had a single dry hit off of either tank.

An altogether shot.

image.jpg

Put me to shame GT great job on both of these, hope you don't want em back too soon he he.
    Last edited by wood duck; 07-01-13 at 11:33 PM.
    romaniac and Robray like this.

Further thoughts.

I still prefer the Stone comet as it sounds more satisfying as you draw. Somehow the syringe body has a slightly stiffer draw, it's only marginal though and most people would prolly prefer that. Also the Stone comet looks way cooler.

I'd be happy with either of these as my main workhorse as a single tank will easily get me through a days labour and then some.

Super Moderator
    Hey duck, glad you like them They are yours for all the tips you added to the Comet thread (no, I don't want them back).

Both tanks can be filled through the silicon fill piece as per normal Comet procedure and you don't need to pull them apart until you want to dry burn or flush them. When you dry burn the Stone tank version, just unscrew the bottom cap, boil that and then dry burn => reassemble.

Keep using them and reporting how they perform ... this info will be invaluable for romaniac and nirvana
    davee likes this.

Aww GT your too kind, No problem with me using them plenty.

I am particularly impressed with the Stone comet bottom cap assembly. It's just beautiful. The tops of the feeding holes are like .5 mm higher than the metal surround which is bored out .5 mm approx wider than the comet atty. There will not be a drop of juice wasted.
    And even though its basically a ViVi tank the stem has got to be 2 thirds smaller in diameter than a ViVi providing I don't know how much more room for juice.
    Unreal so I can syringe fill the Stone comet. I just assumed there was metal in the top cap blocking it. Wonderful.

Only thing is I feel I must offer to send it on to Romaniac or nirvana as one or the other may wish to have a good look at it first hand.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wd
    Unreal so I can syringe fill the Stone comet. I just assumed there was metal in the top cap blocking it. Wonderful
    Poke the needle gently in the silicon fill hole, you will probably have to wobble it slightly before it goes in ... then you fill like a normal Comet. As far as sending it on ... well that's up to you ... it is yours
    wood duck likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    Ok and now the syringe body version.

Attachment 5403

Another raging success. This type still makes use of the syringe fill silicone piece so refilling is a breeze.
    Also unlike my attempt it feels very sturdy and unlikely to fall apart and leak on you.
    Vaping and wicking perfectly .

I have not had a single dry hit off of either tank.

An altogether shot.

Attachment 5404

Put me to shame GT great job on both of these, hope you don't want em back too soon he he.
    pics not working duck.
    Is this similar to the NoeTank?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Similar Noe, similar to the original syringe tank I made, which is similar to the Notta version I made ...

Different to the Noe tank as the top uses a cut off comet rather than just the solid punched grommet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast