Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyvape CVI VV/VW Mod (SGL ZMAX based)

Anyvape CVI VV/VW Mod (SGL ZMAX based)

Hi everyone,

this thread is dedicated to this device which is just hitting the European Market right now:

Anyvape CVI

It is an aluminium VV/VW tube mod (18650, 2x18350 or 1x18350 configuration possible) available in different colours with an OLED matrix display. The electronics is very similar to the circuitry used in the SGL / Sigelei ZMAX RMS OLED.

We were lucky enough to grab one of these and here is our technical review, as usual with lots of numbers:

VV/VW-Akkuträger Anyvape CVI oder: auf dem Gerätemarkt wirds bunt.. » Mountain Prophet

Yeah, it is in German - but there is a google translate feature in the left menu.

Price point is approximately 50€ (£40) here in Germany.

Curious if any Australian vendor is going to or is already offering it, maybe by a different name?

AVF Regular
    Would be good, they look all right
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Phil has a review of that coming out soon. It uses the Sigelei internals yeah?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    From that product page link : Max Amper: 4A
    I like that if it is true.

Kinda strange how the red one has a red anodized head & the other colors have plain alum heads...
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbel View Post
    Yeah, it is in German - but there is a google translate feature in the left menu.
    LMAO gotta love google translate, here's the translation into English from the first paragraph: "Not long ago we were moaning about the locust plague mediocre battery carrier, culminating in a hefty sermon for Sunday - that was in September. Meanwhile, we do as testers to create the short distances, in the recent strikes a promising device for the next - may have her go ... Today's turn: The brand new VV / VW battery carrier "CVI" of Anyvape ."

WTF is a "locust plague mediocre battery carrier" ?

Edit: For those that want the "dumbed down" version of the results of testing:

"Conclusion:

Only slightly more expensive than the Vamo , but visually in the "Version 1" design. an entire class prettier (or two, or 5) One thing is certainly not of the Vamo: a design gem - the old homicide beatings with rubber studs ;-). In addition, the annoying incompetence of Vamo manufacturer in terms of battery springs now quite formidable.

Yes, the slim Zmax V2 is not the CVI also ran, but for the Zmax does not cost twice that amount. Aside from a few new colors are also rather nice - only stainless steel as Smoktech is permanently somehow sad.

In a nutshell:

At the moment, the CVI provides the best value in the VV / VW battery makers with ZMAX-like electronics. In design, feel, appearance and processing of CVD is well above the Vamo, priced well below the turn Smoktech ZMAX RMS or Sigelei ZMAX.

Technically there is nothing wrong at the CVI, since the mentioned devices take each other due to the virtually identical control electronics anyway.

So strong buy recommendation for the CVI ... "

Thanks Sabbel
    Last edited by Noe; 10-01-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    From that product page link : Max Amper: 4A
    I like that if it is true.
    Just look at our table of numbers for the CVI:

http://www.mountainprophet.de/wp-con...I-VV-18650.pdf
    http://www.mountainprophet.de/wp-con...VV-2x18350.pdf

http://www.mountainprophet.de/wp-con...I-VW-18650.pdf
    http://www.mountainprophet.de/wp-con...VW-2x18350.pdf

In electrical performance, it is almost identical to the ZMAX RMS, the VAMO or the Sigelei ZMAX.

Max. measured true current (RMS) in 18650 single batt: 3.3A (@ 1.4 ohms)
    Max. measured true power (RMS) in 18650 single batt: 15.5 Watts (@ 1.4 ohms)

Max. measured true current (RMS) in 2x18350 stacked batts: 4.3A (@ 1.4 ohm)
    Max. measured true power (RMS) in 2x18350 stacked batts: 26.4 Watts (@ 1.4 ohms)

Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    Phil has a review of that coming out soon. It uses the Sigelei internals yeah?
    Yes, it does.

Slightly different variation of the Sigelei ZMAX internals fixed to RMS mode (no 8th menu) - good thing! -, no 5-klick-on (device is always on) an some minor differences.

Here is a video by some European vendor about the CVI which shows the menu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33L40djK6uk

So you can see by yourself that everything is pretty much like with the Sigelei.

And for the electrical numbers, see our measurements. The CVI, in numbers, is perfectly right and not siginificantly different from any other "ZMAXish" device.
    Last edited by Sabbel; 10-01-13 at 11:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    My iphone has a locust plague battery carrier, and my carrier is a locust plague.
    I suspect one of my l-rider batteries is a locust as well.

*I appreciate you cannot have a single locust, it's late.
    brookesy likes this.

LMAO gotta love google translate, here's the translation into English from the first paragraph: "Not long ago we were moaning about the locust plague mediocre battery carrier, culminating in a hefty sermon for Sunday - that was in September. Meanwhile, we do as testers to create the short distances, in the recent strikes a promising device for the next - may have her go ... Today's turn: The brand new VV / VW battery carrier "CVI" of Anyvape ."

WTF is a "locust plague mediocre battery carrier" ?

Thanks for the good laugh, you made my day. Just as your sig says .

What we actually wrote was something like that "not long ago, we were moaning about plenty of mediocre devices hitting the market like a plaque of locusts, and that back then we would have been glad if manufacturers slowed down releasing crap, while these days, so many promising devices come up that we just don't find enough time to do the reviews for these".

One factor that does not make things easier is that a MOD or APV is in fact called "Akkuträger" in Germany, where "Akku" means rechargeable battery (as in "accumulator") and "Träger" is something or someone carrying sth., so the literal translation of "Akkuträger", which, as stated, is how we call MODs or APVs, actually would indeed be "battery carrier" in English, so actually google is not that wrong at this point.

Uhm.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    My iphone has a locust plague battery carrier, and my carrier is a locust plague.
    I suspect one of my l-rider batteries is a locust as well.
    Last edited by Sabbel; 10-01-13 at 11:28 PM.

Edit: For those that want the "dumbed down" version of the results of testing:
    Here's our conclusion in (hopefully understandable) English :

"The CVI is only slightly more expensive than the VAMO, but is in return prettier by factor 2 (or 3, or 4), since the VAMO is really not a piece of art (that old cudgel with its rubber knobs attached to it ). Aside from this, the ongoing incompetence of the VAMO factory when it comes to battery springs is starting to annoy massively.

Yes, the CVI can not keep up with the slim Zmax V2, but the ZMAX is twice as expensive. Besides, some fresh colours are nice from time to time - just stainless steel starts to get boring over the time.

At the moment the CVI offers the best value for money among the VV/VW MODs that have "ZMAXish" electronics. As far as design, haptic, looks and machining is concerned, the CVI is superior to the VAMO, price-wise, however, it is considerably cheaper than the Smoktech ZMAX RMS or the Sigelei ZMAX.

Technically, there is nothing to complain about the CVI. Besides, the aforementioned devices hardly differ in their technical parameters anyway due to the very similar internal workings.

So a strong buy recommendation for the CVI..

..in the "version 1" design.

..the "version 2" design, on the other hand - no thanks. It is simply not enough to put the upper part of the device behind black plastic, that too obviously screams "we just botched this together last-minute just because the eVic is currently selling so well". Besides, I have no idea how the heat dissipation is supposed to work behind the plastic for a device that is capable of up to 23 watts (!) of output where Joyetech can only go as high as 11 watts under similar circumstances, due to reasons of heat dissipation.

Because of that:

Buy the "version 1" design as long as it is still available, because with the full-aluminium tube the heat dissipation from the electronics won't be a problem. As far as the "plastic head" of the new "v2 design" is concerned, we raise reasonable scepticism in consideration of the measurable performance of the device (according to the manufacturer, the electrical specifications have explicitly not changed with the new design)."
    Last edited by Sabbel; 11-01-13 at 12:02 AM.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbel View Post
    Here's our conclusion in (hopefully understandable) English :

"The CVI is only slightly more expensive than the VAMO, but is in return prettier by factor 2 (or 3, or 4), since the VAMO is really not a piece of art (that old cudgel with its rubber knobs attached to it ). Aside from this, the ongoing incompetence of the VAMO factory when it comes to battery springs is starting to annoy massively.

Yes, the CVI can not keep up with the slim Zmax V2, but the ZMAX is twice as expensive. Besides, some fresh colours are nice from time to time - just stainless steel starts to get boring over the time.

At the moment the CVI offers the best value for money among the VV/VW MODs that have "ZMAXish" electronics. As far as design, haptic, looks and machining is concerned, the CVI is superior to the VAMO, price-wise, however, it is considerably cheaper than the Smoktech ZMAX RMS or the Sigelei ZMAX.

Technically, there is nothing to complain about the CVI. Besides, the aforementioned devices hardly differ in their technical parameters anyway due to the very similar internal workings.

So a strong buy recommendation for the CVI..

..in the "version 1" design.

..the "version 2" design, on the other hand - no thanks. It is simply not enough to put the upper part of the device behind black plastic, that too obviously screams "we just botched this together last-minute just because the eVic is currently selling so well". Besides, I have no idea how the heat dissipation is supposed to work behind the plastic for a device that is capable of up to 23 watts (!) of output where Joyetech can only go as high as 11 watts under similar circumstances, due to reasons of heat dissipation.

Because of that:

Buy the "version 1" design as long as it is still available, because with the full-aluminium tube the heat dissipation from the electronics won't be a problem. As far as the "plastic head" of the new "v2 design" is concerned, we raise reasonable scepticism in consideration of the measurable performance of the device (according to the manufacturer, the electrical specifications have explicitly not changed with the new design)."
    I would have to agree the V1 is a better unit to buy than the V2. I don't like the look of the V2 nor the plastic head. The Evic is no big deal IMO, it isn't performing anywhere near what it should be at it's price point but that is another story.
    I prefer full SS mods to Alum mods & the Vamo has a SS version, which is still tempting over the V1 CVI because of that, although I like the electronics of the CVI better... Maybe a hybrid CVI would work, put its electronics into a SS tube

Thanks again Sabbel, it's good to have someone that speaks both Languages able to translate for us, rather than rely on google translation, which you can see is quite amusing but not really accurate
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast