Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: NEWBIE revue of Vamo / Bamboo

NEWBIE revue of Vamo / Bamboo

As per my agreement with eTama, who was kind enough to send me his Vamo, Bamboo version PV. (personal vaporiser). I will submit this review for newbies. I am a newbie myself, starting in Oct ’12 with an eGo starter kit, which I believe is a great place to begin the wonderful voyage. Firstly, don’t be convinced into shelling out on a cigarette style set up. They are rubbish and vaping is NOT smoking, whether you want to cut down or replace smoking, it is wise to do it right the first time around and not get ripped off by snake oil salesmen.

Now to the Bamboo - Once you have decided that vaping is for you, the Vamo aka Bamboo is a great launch into the more advanced devices. It has the capacity for variable wattage, voltage and other features which are not necessary to explain for the purposes of this review.

Firstly, in addition to the Bamboo, you will need to purchase some batteries and a charger but your eGo gear should fit. For these, I personally bought from supersports600 who is a member here and has an eBay account under that name. If you have any questions in relation to your purchase, he is very helpful and supplies a phone number on his eBay site.

I have only been using one single 18350 battery and don’t really see myself doubling up. With this detachable model, it can apparently work with 1x18650 battery, 2x18350 batteries and also 1x18350. As for the wattage, I would personally recommend the lowest, 3 – 4W but horses for course and if you like it higher or if your juice needs an extra ‘pow’, you have it. There are different variations of wattage, voltage and Ω olms together with different modes, none of which I can comment on because I have not used these features nor felt the need to as I am just starting out.

There have been some issues about the spring in the bottom cap but I believe this problem will be resolved shortly but if the unit, particularly the bottom, gets too hot, stop using it. Common sense really, as with anything and with that in mind, be very careful you are pushing the right button and not upping the wattage instead of pushing the vape button.

I really like it. It is not as fancy as the Provari, which is just the duck’s guts and made by god himself but this is around of the price and does the job just fine.

For the money, this is definitely a big jump for a pretty modest outlay.
    Last edited by Rocksie; 11-01-13 at 11:10 PM. Reason: 'cause
    shipo, tetsky, margyb and 13 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice review Rocksie

AVF Regular
    I reckon the Vamo is a great device for a semi newb. It's so easy to change settings, check remaining battery power and ohms of your carto. I've been using mine in shorty mode too, it is a long unit when in 18650 mode, but it's great to have that option. Thanks for the review.

Super Moderator
    Nice review

A big thank you all for your positive reactions. I was nervous giving my first review ever, particularly being such so new myself. It gave me a little bit of confidence that I can talk about stuff amongst such esteemed company, despite my limitations. I will never pretend to know more than I know because that can be misleading and just plain dangerous. x
    shipo likes this.

AVF Regular
    nice spot on review especially the spring... i use a nippleless 18650 battery...at first didn't notice why the mods shut it self off.. then, when i shake the thing i can feel something bouncing inside... probably the spring is not strong enough to push the battery upwards. then i came up with fix it up solution, i wrap a giant paper clip on a pencil then i just place it on top of the spring. easy fix no more bouncy battery and it works flawless since then....

You summed it up very well in a well done review Rocksie.

good stuff, thanks for your review.

exactly what I was after, a fresh perspective from a new user
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

AVF Regular
    It's great to get a perspective on a device like this from a relatively new vaper. I love the fact that Rocksie is satisfied vaping at 4 watts at the moment, I remember when I thought my kr808's kicked like a mule. I normally vape at around 7-8 watts, i turned my vamo down to 4 watts after reading this review and you know what? It was a pretty reasonable vape. We're always looking for more vapour and throat hit, yet a new vaper is more than happy at 4 watts. It's good to know that if Rocksie goes looking for a bit more power down the track, a new device won't be required.
    Last edited by Adam; 12-01-13 at 09:56 AM.

exactly, i keep hearing people say the vamo is no good as it only does 11W or the evic is no good same reasons. for most vapers its more than enough. including me.
    using mine atm, set to 8W on phoenix.
    my missus is trying vaping again, i set up a phoenix with fat wick, 1.8Ω and the ego she was on needed a charge, handed her the vamo set at 6W and she turned up her nose first puff, showed her how to turn it down and she was happy at 3 or 3.5W.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast