Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zainwolf

Thread: e-Vapor disposable - purchased from my local United service station

Lightbulb e-Vapor disposable - purchased from my local United service station

I thought I'd just write a mini-review for this $8 disposable which I'll update later after I've exhausted it.

This is your standard 510 style disposable, automatic with a tiny air hole on the side and a red LED light at the tip and it looks very much like a cigarette. In fact, I actually wondered if it was really a Boge disposable, but I can tell that it isn't. It doesn't perform nearly as well as a Boge disposable but is pretty much identical looking. It is very lightweight, you could hang this out of your mouth easily, much like the Boge. The flavour seems very similar to that Dekang "tobacco" flavour but perhaps a bit of flue-cured flavour has mingled into it during production. These are legal, i.e., 0mg nicotine, so of course there's no real throat hit to speak of. Vapour production is noticeably weaker than the Boge disposable, but it's not terrible either. If I had never tried vaping before, it would convince me that it could help me get away from a cigarette addiction.

All-in-all, it's not super fantastic by any stretch, but at the same time, it's not half bad. For the price, one could do far worse for an inexpensive way to try out this newfangled e-cigarette thing! ;-)

One thing I did notice, neither the display box or cellophane wrap it came in specified that it was 0mg nicotine and there were no ridiculous "800 bazillion puffs" claims or 47 cartons of cigarettes equivalent estimations. Very odd indeed!

If I had to score it I'd give 6 out of 10 for flavour, 5 out of 10 for vapour production and 0 out of 10 for throat hit. I can't score it for longevity yet but I'd guess it'd last about as long as half a pack of cigarettes worth at least. If it was 18mg nicotine e-liquid inside there, I'd bet it would score slightly low based on the coolness of the vapour. The battery is likely 150mAh or so and I'd guess the coil around 2.5-3.0 ohms.

I wouldn't particularly recommend them except as a matter of convenience or instant gratification, you don't have to wait for the bloody postie for this one! That you can mail order a Boge disposable for half the price would weigh against my recommending this, but at least I wouldn't think it would scare people away from vaping if they see it and happen to try it. People WILL see it because it's out there now, if it shows up in a United service station in Darwin, they're probably in servos in the other capitals almost for sure. Except maybe Perth. lol
    Last edited by zainwolf; 09-02-13 at 09:33 PM.
    TimmyC likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well then...there you go...I thought only only tobby shops sold them..interesting