Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: (FS)(MELB) ASUS Nexus 7inch 16gb Tablet

AVF Regular

(FS)(MELB) ASUS Nexus 7inch 16gb Tablet

Hi,

$175 including standard postage (Express $10 extra)

Google Nexus 7inch , 16 GB, wifi tablet (not 3g), plus grey cover and docking station, cost $270.

Bought this for the GF in October, so it still has plenty of warranty left, in excellent condition, no scratches etc.

Originally the GF wanted something for out and about and to take on our recent holiday, however since then I bought her a Kindle paperwhite for reading ebooks and a 11inch HP X2 laptop/tablet, and the Nexus tablet just sits unused now, so I might as well sell it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickg33; 03-03-13 at 07:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Hi,

$175 including standard postage (Express $10 extra)

Google Nexus 7inch , 16 GB, wifi tablet (not 3g), plus grey cover and docking station, cost $270.

Bought this for the GF in October, so it still has plenty of warranty left, in excellent condition, no scratches etc.

Originally the GF wanted something for out and about and to take on our recent holiday, however since then I bought her a Kindle paperwhite for reading ebooks and a 11inch HP X2 laptop/tablet, and the Nexus tablet just sits unused now, so I might as well sell it.
    My daughter needs something like that for uni..shes banging on about that new micro soft tablet? its like $700...wud yrs be ok for her needs mick? Im a dumb fk so i dont really know..

AVF Regular
    The microsoft tablets are 10 or 11 inch I think, this is 7 inch. While its a powerfull little tablet, I think your daughter needs something with a larger screen, real keyboard and probably microsoft word etc to use, so i suspect this wouldn't be any good for her at uni.

If you want to save a few bucks then I think something like the acer timeline here http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/notebook.pdf for $499 would be a better choice than the microsoft tablet. Better than a tablet, bigger scrren 13inch, and yeah perhaps not as small, but a better uni fit, and more practical for typing etc, and still fairly small

I think the microsoft tablet for $700is is more appealing to her for its looks, and hip factor, than its actual practical value, i think the soft keyboard the microsoft surface comes with will be a pain to type on etc.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 03-03-13 at 08:49 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    The microsoft tablets are 10 or 11 inch I think, this is 7 inch. While its a powerfull little tablet, I think your daughter needs something with a larger screen, real keyboard and probably microsoft word etc to use, so i suspect this wouldn't be any good for her at uni.

If you want to save a few bucks then I think something like the acer timeline here http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/notebook.pdf for $499 would be a better choice. Better than a tablet, bigger scrren 13inch, and yeah perhaps not as small, but a better uni fit, and more practical for typing etc, and still fairly small
    Alright...thanx for the heads up...she did say somthing about windows intergration..blah blah...good onya mate...ill look at yr link

AVF Regular
    The keyboard on the Microsoft Tablets truly suck, the tactile feedback is as wonky as, a mate bought one for his missus and she sold it a week later because she cant type on it for more than 10 minutes before her fingers start cramping,
    Mickg33 likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Great little tablet. Using mine right now in Nha Trang to Facebook, surf web, do emails and tapatalk. Nice, light and portable.

Really good if you like mucking around with roms, heaps available on XDA and even if you don't because it's supported by Google you get the latest OS upgrades as they're released.

Note you can attach a keyboard either Bluetooth or via an OTG usb cable (and app)

Great price too. If only I didn't already have 2 android tablets and 2 android phones

Good luck with the sale Mick
    Last edited by limbot; 03-03-13 at 09:26 PM.
    Mickg33 likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah , i think what i like most about these is they are vanilla androids, so you always get the latest updates straight away, it used to drive me crazy waiting for 6 months for the latest update, or in some cases not getting them at all.

Been a few years since i was sitting on the beach in Nha trang, vietnam as well, have a beer for me
    Last edited by Mickg33; 03-03-13 at 10:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    ......bump...........

$175 firm or u open to offers

AVF Regular
    Best I would do is take $5 of it, its a really good price as it is.

Otherwise I think I will keep it, always handy when out of the house, and I can use it to run my my htpc in the lounge room, as it would be good to browse and set tv recordings, play music selections etc without having to utilise the tv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast