Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Free Johnson's bulldog (Melb)

AVF Regular

Free Johnson's bulldog (Melb)

Male, 5yo, registered, (no papers has a bit of scot bulldog in him too) white and brindle, still has his balls, great with people and kids, well trained, excellent guard dog, not good with other dogs - okay on a leash (he crouches and pretends he's smaller than he is) but will fight for food or attention if you have another dog. Reason for giving away is that he and our other dog fight and he was taken in by the owner as an orphan and his own dog takes preference over the bulldog - there is no way of separating them at our new house so one has to go . Not putting him to sleep or leaving him at a shelter though.

I'll add a pic when I'm at my laptop and can resize them, can't work out how to on this phone.

image.jpg
    Last edited by fifthflo; 27-04-13 at 08:38 PM.

AVF Regular
    What a terrible sitch. He sounds like such a lovely fella!!! Wish I could take him on, but I can hardly look after myslelf. Bestest of luck old mate!! Will keep my eye on this thread until the happy end......
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    And here I thought you were giving away free juice.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    I'll refrain from verifying my mind is filthy as can be, ckane
    ckane likes this.

AVF Regular
    Let loose
    fifthflo likes this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    yeah would like to take him in but I already have 2 boston terriers that have spent the last decade brawling with each other every day
    fifthflo likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    Let loose
    Lol if you pay me ill be as filthy as you like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    yeah would like to take him in but I already have 2 boston terriers that have spent the last decade brawling with each other every day
    Tell me about it, separating these two is a workout!!! Hose doesn't work neither does kicks or punches, lifting them up by their hind legs etc. after about 20mins they tire and its easier to stop the fight, bulldog does more damage but pitty doesn't give up!!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    Lol if you pay me ill be as filthy as you like

Tell me about it, separating these two is a workout!!! Hose doesn't work neither does kicks or punches, lifting them up by their hind legs etc. after about 20mins they tire and its easier to stop the fight, bulldog does more damage but pitty doesn't give up!!!
    Been watching the cesar milan show the dog whisperer on foxtell, they have a few episodes about brawling dogs etc and one has a bulldog in it. Been using some off the techniques from it on my two, and its helped quite a bit, but if i dont catch it very early, as soon as they start to see red there is no stopping them sigh...luckily mine have never done too much damage to each other , apart from a few cuts and minor puncture wounds.

On the show though after a month or so of work the dogs have totally turned around and get along fine with each other and other dogs.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 27-04-13 at 08:52 PM.
    fifthflo and Gresh11 like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Hey Fifthflo, the poor schmuck is growing on me. Whats his name? My next dog was always going to be a rescue from the pound. Since I know from you, that this is not an option I am a little relaxed. I can't believe he hasn't been snapped up yet. I hope with my heart he finds his new home very soon!!!!!
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    His name is Tonka we're just keeping the pitty inside while we find someone who'd like a bulldog - they're not for everyone - but I maintain he's harmless to those he knows and hilarious to walk. Just greedy for attention and food!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast