Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: WTB Perth

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

WTB Perth

I am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction regarding this saw. It was purchased some years ago from Bunnings, and of course they were discontinued, just after the completion and launching of the “Ark”

Its given me sterling service for many years, but the blade has seen better days. Gotta say it was a cheapy at around twenty bucks, but I would like to replace it with a new one or at least acquire a new blade.

Has anybody come across one of these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fatman likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    I have the exact same saw ( in Black tho) ... great bit of kit , haent got a spare blade tho Rob
    ( Mental note ... watch this thread , cos if Rob finds one I goota get one for spare too lol )
    GirlyPantz, shipo, Mushman and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Those are the same as power hacksaw blades rob

Black woods and the like will have them. They are a bit to expensive for me to walk out with a few from work :P
    GirlyPantz, shipo and Robray like this.

Got the exact same one Rob and I may have a spare blade....finding it on the other hand is another story

They are great value but I'd be interested to see if this Blackwoods mob have them.

Let me know how you get on Rob.

Edit:I got mine many years ago from a Tool Shop in Fyshwick in the same street as H/N.

Fisher Discounts, just found it on G@@gle Maps.
    Damn G@@gle, I'm sure it's Barrier Street!
    Phone: (02)62804277

Edit again:It is, 68 Barrier Street, should bloody know I lived and worked there for 12 years!
    Last edited by Mushman; 06-05-13 at 02:35 PM.
    GirlyPantz, shipo, Robray and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Thanks for the response people. I will certainly keep looking but right now I am running out of time. Due to leave for work on Sunday, and the good lady wants me to concentrate on sensible stuff, and this does not fall into that category. I will bare in mind the power hacksaw blade, as I will have more chance going that route.
    Mushman likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I used to have one of those very items, right down to the colour. Lost it with all my tools in '03.
    2 years ago mrsGruffy bought me a compound, sliding mitre saw for my bday, don't need it now

Super Moderator
    Perth would be quite expensive to buy.

*badumtish*
    kay67kay likes this.

AVF Regular
    I got an old rusty one sitting here looking at me at the moment, was never really impressed with the blade.
    Ended up buying a tajima pull saw (less than $20 and really beautiful to use) and a mitre box, all up about $30.
    The Tajima saws are amazing to use and give really fine cuts, you dont need much effort to use them, they're sharp, and a small saw will cut through some pretty massive chunks of wood easily as well as being great for fine work.
    Highly recommend checking them out, Bunnings and Masters both stock them and you can replace the blades, they won't get discontinued as Tajima has been round since 1909 and there's loads of tradesmen out there using there stuff
    Mushman and MrGruffy like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    Perth would be quite expensive to buy.

*badumtish*
    This guy. :rainbow:

Rob try glenfords tools. They are in most industrial areas. They should have them. And blackwoods/heatleys WILL have them.

AVF Regular
    Ill see what mood the storeman is in tomorrow and see if I can get one for you.

One day he's all "yes here have everything we have, it's all yours, I love you and your work"

The next he's all "**** off, no you can't have a new pair of pants, what's wrong with the ones you have?"

*walks off with arse hanging out of pants*
    308hjute likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast