Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [FS] Minelab GPX 4500 Gold Detector

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder

[FS] Minelab GPX 4500 Gold Detector

Selling my GPX 4500 Minelab gold detector, as i just don't have the time to go out detecting anymore.
    Approximately 5 years old and was purchased new through Miners Den in Mitcham. (I have found quite a bit of gold using this detector around Heathcote and Castlemaine areas)
    Selling Price: $3250 in good used condition.
    comes with the usual stuff:
    11" round double D Minelab commander coil
    harness
    Koss headphones
    manual
    and all chargers

Extra's include:
    14"-9" elliptical mono Nugget finder coil (white)
    20" round mono Nugget finder coil (white)
    8" pinpoint probe Coiltek
    2x Otto fiberglass shafts
    harness detachable dual speaker system
    assorted dvd's by Johnathan Porter and Jack Lange
    Prefer local pickup from Moorabbin area, can post if need be at buyers expense.
    Last edited by ericace007; 28-09-13 at 10:09 PM.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    If I was to buy a gold detector, just how rich could I expect to be?

Just rough figures

AVF Regular
    A guy i know found a 30 oz piece 1 week after buying a detector 10 years later he still hasn't found that much in all the other pieces he has found
    Luck of the draw glws Eric

Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post

Just rough figures

Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post

Just rough figures
    Filthy rich Jato...well, as long as you can swing a coil in the right spot, listen to a base line hum with a rising or dipping pitch for hours on end, dig holes into ground that is like concrete and full of quartz and be prepared to be disappointed 90% of the time for all your hard work, then this is for you, but it can pay off BIG time, i have met a few very wealthy people who have done just that.
    conner83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKITIN View Post
    A guy i know found a 30 oz piece 1 week after buying a detector 10 years later he still hasn't found that much in all the other pieces he has found
    Luck of the draw glws Eric
    I wasn't that lucky, but the detector paid it's self off not long after i got it, just such a shame i don't live closer to the goldfields with a bit more time up my sleeve.
    For anyone who wants to try out gold detecting, this is one of the best units out there at a really good price.

AVF Regular
    Hey there Ericace,
    That's damn cheap for a 4500 with those goodies. Are you sure you want to sell ??? I run a 5000 and although I don't get out as often as I like, every time I go out I score petrol money plus some. There's not a lot of difference between the 4500 and the 5000, just some settings that hardly anyone would use (I had a 4500), and my mate who runs a 4500 scores just the same as I do. I was sorry that I traded up, could have saved some money. The only other thing I can say about either of these detectors (4500 or 5000) is that when you've got the settings just right, they are as sweet as. However, you should be throwing in the 11" minelab mono that it comes standard with as well as the 11" DD (unless you bought it second hand). The coilteck pin point probe is a pain in the arse (if it's the one I'm thinking of), I would go with a Garrett pin pointer.

My advice is for you to hang on to it ! Don't sell it !
    From what I have read, for anyone who wants to get into gold detecting ....... I can tell you this is a bargain and a half, Grab it !
    Cheers
    Sodd

Hey Sodd, i bought the detector new and was hoping for a quick sale hence the price, no good having it gathering dust. Your not the first person who has mentioned that the couple of extra timings that the 5000 offers is not worth the upgrade. The pin pointer works really well as long as you run it in cancel mode as its so sensitive and overloads in highly mineralized ground. I tend to have the most sucess using the smaller elliptical coil, but then again i found a nice little 12 gram peice about 2 1/2 feet down using the 18" mono. After reading your post i feel i am getting that bug again, if i dont sell it soon i will probably keep it.
    Gresh11 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Maybe I could rent it off you for a week and then come back with a nugget to pay for it!!! Beginners luck surely??
    G'day Eric
    Gresh
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    It's a pity that I don't know of anyone who wants a 4500 because you are presenting a great deal. Everyone I know either has the 4500 or 5000.
    A mate of mine who has one, decided that after having it for a couple of years he would send it back to Minelab for a checkup. There was nothing wrong with his machine to begin with, it ran sweet anyway, but when it came back it was running even better again. For the sake of $100 they loaded the latest timings as well as gave it a checkup.

Gresh, you wouldn't be the first ! I've seen that sort of thing happen many times over the years.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Gresh11 likes this.

Just reduced the price to $3250, if it hasn't sold by the end of the week i will end up keeping it.
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast