Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [WTB][Sydney]Gas Heater

[WTB][Sydney]Gas Heater

Never thought I would have to pay more than $100 for a decent gas heater. Prices for new heaters are no where near what I can afford right now. Looking for a used/working heater that will get me through this winter.

AVF Regular
    Get your self 2 snuggies and wear them. If you cant afford a good gas heater you cant afford the gas bill.
    Friggin power companies. They wanted 1500 off me for 2 quarters living in a house of 2 (Electricity not gas). I argued the pricks down to knock off 500.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Friggin power companies. They wanted 1500 off me for 2 quarters living in a house of 2 (Electricity not gas). I argued the pricks down to knock off 500.
    I could imagine your arguing How violent did it get dude.

AVF Regular
    I ended up changing to another provider. And telling energy australia if they wanted any more than 1G for 2 quarters when they wanted 1500 that they will have to go through the debt collectors and ill give them 20 bucks a month. They folded. I still have to pay the pricks 1G but. The thing is that my energy usage for that half was about the same as last year and for those 2 quarters it was like 950. Fuckn crooks.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    **** dude, $1k thats ****** for a house hold of only two people...your neighbor's not stealing your electricity??
    Last edited by gtadmin; 09-04-15 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Don't bypass the swear filter

AVF Regular
    even 1G is expensive i think. But its better than 1500. Friggin smart meters. I found some software online that lets you hack into your smart meter and change things. I just have to get smart enough to figure out how to use it.
    Stomp likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    I always thought those smart meters were what ****** up your electricity usage, I was told by a couple of electrical contractors that smart meters were and are shithouse.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 09-04-15 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Don't bypass the swear filter

AVF Regular
    I didnt realise I even had untill I opened up the meter box and saw a digital display. The pricks much have changed it when I was at work.

AVF Regular
    Id love a conara heater. I have plenty of wood to burn living up in the hills. I just dont know where to put it.
    That will only save on gas but. Thats not too bad atm. I have too many trees around for solar I think.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    F*cking serious? I would have thought they could do that without your consent, energy australia aye, bunch of arseholes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast