Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: PIF - XBox 360 S

AVF Regular

PIF - XBox 360 S

Amongst a few IT/Gadget things handed to me today by a friend in my travels was a 2013 XBox 360 S left behind by a non paying tenant last year

Though i am a grown and proper man and do not play games, and couldnt afford the $90 a pop for games even if i did, i realise someone out there may not be as evolved and either want this as a spare or a 2nd unit.

Its of no use to me, especially since i thought ill just whack linux on it and run it as a squid box, so i can move squid for windows off my desktop pc, but no, due to the bonkers hypervisor setup MS uses on XBoxes, one would have to do a bunch of soldering/nand rewriting, and my eyes glazed over...

So if theres any interest, anyone who wants it can have it, postage at your expense if not in sydney. Sydneysiders can arrange a catchup to pick it up if theyre reasonably clsoe to the city.

It is the unit and power supply itself, no controllers no games, its as is, no returnsies, this is not a sale....

Tested as booting and able to connect to my wireless network and play movies from my desktop PC, so im assuming does the gamey gamey shite as well.

Unit will be factory reset before sending

Any questions, let me know
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 27-05-16 at 08:13 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I'll take that bud,
    let me know postage cost and Paypal deets
    cheers
    D1g
    Fatman likes this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    How bout I just chuck $50 in your paypal.
    Should cover postage and a bit more
    giruvian likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'd love it as I'm a huge gamer but it seems D1git has first dibs. If that falls through let me know as I would be super excited to get one.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Amongst a few IT/Gadget things handed to me today by a friend in my travels today was a 2013 XBox 360 S left behind by a non paying tenant last year

Though i am a grown and proper man and do not play games, and couldnt afford the $90 a pop for games even if i did, i realise someone out there may not be as evolved and either want this as a spare or a 2nd unit.

Its of no use to me, especially since i thought :ill just whack linux on it and run it as a squid box, so i can move suid for windows off my desktop pc, but no, due to the bonkers hypervisor setup MS uses on XBoxes, one would have to do a bunch of soldering/nand rewriting, and my eyes glazed over...

So if theres any interest, anyone who wants it can have it, postage at your expense if not in sydney. Sydneysiders can arrange a catchup to pick it up if theyre reasonably clsoe to the city.

It is the unit and power supply itself, no controllers no games, its as is, no returnsies, this is not a sale....

Tested as booting and able to connect to my wireless network and play movies from my desktop PC, so im assuming does the gamey gamey shite as well.

Unit will be factory reset before sending

Any questions, let me know
    Nice messiah, I'd be getting whoever wins the PIF to organize pack and send so u just drop it off.. Bugger to package that and lug it down to post office...

Just an idea.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    I'll take that bud,
    let me know postage cost and Paypal deets
    cheers
    D1g
    Damn, i was hoping it would be a sydneysider to ease my pain after a week of postal/courier fails on my end, but no.......

Ill get back to you with a postal estimate if you can PM me your suburb down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    I'd love it as I'm a huge gamer but it seems D1git has first dibs. If that falls through let me know as I would be super excited to get one.
    The smart thing to do would have been to not say a word after you saw D1git nabbed it, because now you've outed yourself as a gamer, and as a result, i must think less of you... :P

Quote Originally Posted by 81cep View Post
    Nice messiah, I'd be getting whoever wins the PIF to organize pack and send so u just drop it off.. Bugger to package that and lug it down to post office...

Just an idea.
    Yep i was going to throw that into the mix and see what pans out as the most reasonable.

Lol, i lugged the Xbox and a 20" Samsung LED home past the Post Office, so no dramas going back down that way on monday
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 27-05-16 at 06:20 PM.
    Shpondra likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    If Shpondra is Sydney side and want's to pickup then I will happily save you the effort of going to the PO
    If you have to post it to Shpondra then I will as I said cover postage + a bit more as per last post.
    up to you bud
    D1g
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    If Shpondra is Sydney side and want's to pickup then I will happily save you the effort of going to the PO
    If you have to post it to Shpondra then I will as I said cover postage + a bit more as per last post.
    up to you bud
    D1g
    No drama at all going to the PO

And anyways, youre both down in Mexico

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    cheers bud.
    just looked at the Pack and Send website and that's ......
    Makes Aus post look easy
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    hey hey.... gamers are cool! I think...?

I'm in Melbourne too.
    D1git, LimeB and stylemessiah like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast