Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rc Cars and gear

AVF Regular

Rc Cars and gear

Anyone into this stuff, i have some if like to say goodbye to, reasomably high end when i bougt (electric) associated, lrp, spectrum. And a couple of traxxas petrol (expensive but not so high end )IMO.. A big carry case on wheels by venom. Low turn electric motors, a couple of speedies( one is the mamba) any interest, will swap folding stuff or vape gear...
    mikeygar likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah dude. I have a 1:10 Scale Kyosho Lazer zx5 with a KMC carbon fibre conversion kit. I usually run 3S lipos 8T brushless hobbyking motor and ESC. Not after buying any more. RC is even more expensive than vaping.

AVF Regular
    Not since my Jethopper died when I was 14
    Last edited by ckane; 07-01-13 at 10:13 PM.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    I had the hornet, , but these things are a different kettle of fish mate.. Lipo powered,The speeds they crack and fully workable suspension, carbon composite chasis, digital 2.4 controls with no interference, ans huge distance controls lo, like an atari v playstation 3, i had a play with em cause aome mates got into em, havnt touched em since.

AVF Regular
    A bloke I use to know had a High octane fuel off roader and this thing use to fly.

AVF Regular
    Mate the electrics are even quicker now!

AVF Regular
    Might have a bit of a look on you tube.

Super Moderator
    I run little 1:18th 4WD brushless Stadium Trucks that hit over 60 kph , now that might not sound like much .. but YOU try pointing one of them in the right direction when its in missile mode
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

saw a fella with an rc speedboat on forest lake the other night when i was walking the dogs, it was ridiculously fast, looked pretty cool but i couldnt help thinking" ok so what now?"

i used to have the frog by the way
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Super Moderator
    Since we are talking about rc cars we had in the past, i have a 1/10th tamiya ta-05, with a mambamax ESC, mamba 4500kv/7700kv brushless motor, full penguin RC carbon fibre body, alloy parts etc etc, full suspension setup, AWD with aramid drive belts, solid rear axle, centre one way, and front one way, with of course the obligatory mr2 shell on it, with the headlights and brake lights and indicators (all function eg when brakes applied it lights up, when you steer left it indicates left etc etc), and a Spectrum DX2.0 rc remote. Can handle up to 2 different cars without needing a different radio, just swap channels and you can have the other up and running

couple of piccie piccies

Haven't taken it out in a while. Need some thread locker and to buy a new front left control arm as i lost the shim and screw for it, and can't get ANY fkn info on the damn thing. With the right gear ratios, and tyres that thing could do a 170-200km/h pass... it's fkn quick but good luck trying to control the fkr at those speeds! LOL

Also have a nitro 1/10th touring car. 2 speed gearbox, .28 motor, full aluminium body, and some minor aftermarket stuff, but never really liked it as you'd have to adjust the carby on the damn thing all the fkn time, or it wouldn't start and just gave up on it pretty much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast