Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AVF Regular

(WTT)(MELB)2013 Mac Mini for High end mod and $'s

Hi,

I bought this to use as a Multi media player in the bedroom, in Feb 2013, but i have since bought a new bluray recorder and tend to use that, for netflix and streaming. The Mini is really a bit of overkill for what i use it for. Its in excellent condition, with warranty until Jan 2014. I will provide the receipt to whoever buys it for warranty and or tax purposes. I think it cost me around $800 all up, but will need to dig up the receipt.

2.5GHz Mac mini
    2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
    4GB memory
    500GB hard drive1
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    OS X Mountain Lion

2 Remote controls
    Wireless Keyboard
    Wireless Trackpad

Willing to trade for a high end mod and $'s. Some of the things i would consider include, Piccollo V3 & Spheroid V2, Penelope, GLV2 Supermini, Hellfire Mega, ZEN Mini, perhaps some other new released hybrids etc.

This may be a bit of a long shot, but worth a try. I will post pictures if anyone is interested. If not I guess I will sell it on ebay etc.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 31-03-13 at 06:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    comon surely someone is sitting on a big stash of highend mods, thinking its time to free up some funds for something usefull like a new mac mini!

AVF Regular
    Ill swap ya my GLV supermini but I dont have any money You would do well on ebay. Should get at least 450 on it.
    Last edited by arth_d; 01-04-13 at 11:35 AM.

AVF Regular
    yeah it will be a long shot if i find someone but thought it may work out a win win if i did. I would think with the accessories that are worth RRP $190, they seem to be going for closer to $600. Good thing about apple stuff is they dont loose much in value

AVF Regular
    Put it up on Gumtree. You will get rid of it super quick.

Hi Mick, I've got a Sphereoid V2 and a Penelope, how much do you want for the Mac?

AVF Regular
    Hi Redfone,

I bought the Mac Mini and keyboard/pad/remotes on the 10th of Feb from the goodguys for $832 (RRP was $889), so its pretty much as new.

I think a fair price on Ebay etc would be $600

If the Spheroid and Penelope are in excellent condition I would be happy to pay what they would cost you to buy new. I guess something in the order of

Spheroid V2 $115?
    Penelope $170 if you have extra ceramics and/or tanks ? or less if you don't?

So if I was to buy both lets say $315 extra cash? Which would be a pretty good way for you to end up with close to $900 worth of Apple gear
    Last edited by Mickg33; 01-04-13 at 03:26 PM.

Hi Mick, no extras on the Penelope but have a Kir Fanis tank for the Shereoid. I can set up the Penelope with SS Mesh for you, that's how I have used it. I am considering the Mac to use as a HTPC. Currently using a little Atom based PC, but finding it lacking in grunt.

All my media is stored on a NAS and I like to stream music to other devised like Ipad ect. Never owned a Mac though so not sure of its limitations or benefits. How did you find it.

AVF Regular
    In the house I have a mix of Windows 8, apple and Android stuff.

The Mac Mini I was using as a HTPC - Plex Server/Client with my files stored on a NAS server. I bought it becuase the atom Zotac box i had, was a little underpowered, a bit finnicky coming out of sleep, and its always a bit more of a hassle getting a good remote in windows to work with various apps. I will now use a new Desktop I built as my main plex server and have various Bluray players, Boxee Box, Zotac Box etc that I will use as plex clients etc around the house, and still keep stuff on my NAS.

The Mini has none of those issues of the zotac box, is nice looking, and with the new i5 processors has more than enough grunt for HTPC purposes. . Macs are pretty simple to use and pretty much connect up to anything without any hassles. You dont have the odd problems that Windows machines seem to create. The operating system is pretty straight forward , but will take a few you tube vids to work out how to do some of the more advanced stuff.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 01-04-13 at 04:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    just need to pop out of the house with the GF to walk the dogs back in 45mins

PS Some would say the Mac Mini is a bit of a overkill for just a streaming device, but great for a HTPC, but remember it doesnt have a dvd/bluray player, so it really depends on what you want to do with it.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 01-04-13 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast