Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WTB: Gus telescopic or GP Paps

AVF Regular

WTB: Gus telescopic or GP Paps

Looking to buy a Gus Telescopic, or perhaps a Paps.

AVF Regular
    Also potentially keen on similar mods

AVF Regular
    Also would be tempted by a GLV mini or super mini

AVF Regular
    I've got a paps v2.1 and as much as I love how it looks, the switch is a piece of crap. The reason why it sucks is because the brass button piece that you push in is held in place by a tiny little nut on the inside of the mechanism. Naturally when you press the switch and this nut pushes up against the battery, sometimes it will spin in place, effectively loosening the nut. After a while the switch will get sloppy and the throw gets longer, and then all of a sudden it will just fall out. The spring for the switch is on the outside, so when the brass button falls out the spring comes out too. I no longer have a spring so therefore the mod is unusable until I replace it.

Either way I had to pull it apart and tighten the nut several times a day which is an ultimate pain in the butt. Hope this helps your decision.
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

AVF Regular
    True... Thanks Ninja. I was more hoping for the Gus telescoping, but that does help heaps

AVF Regular
    Love the Gus 22 in the 18350, no issue to speak of so far, just waiting for the Speroid to turn up from Vapour Art

IMAG0109.jpg

Super Moderator
    So....... thread locker no use Ninja?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    So....... thread locker no use Ninja?
    I don't really want to have to use thread locker on it. In my mind it is a design flaw and for such an expensive steel tube I would expect it to just work.
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuiceNinja View Post
    I've got a paps v2.1 and as much as I love how it looks, the switch is a piece of crap. The reason why it sucks is because the brass button piece that you push in is held in place by a tiny little nut on the inside of the mechanism. Naturally when you press the switch and this nut pushes up against the battery, sometimes it will spin in place, effectively loosening the nut. After a while the switch will get sloppy and the throw gets longer, and then all of a sudden it will just fall out. The spring for the switch is on the outside, so when the brass button falls out the spring comes out too. I no longer have a spring so therefore the mod is unusable until I replace it.

Either way I had to pull it apart and tighten the nut several times a day which is an ultimate pain in the butt. Hope this helps your decision.
    The first GP PAPS V2.1 had a right handed threading in the holding nut, then it became left handed and the button's base became calibrated.

When you first tighten the holding nut, no matter of what threading it has, there is a simple way to keep it tight and not loosen during the use.

Hold the switch in your hand and press the button with your thumb to keep it steady, screw and then tighten the holding nut 1-2 times suddenly to make it grab the button's axis.
    All the metallic threads have to be treated that way, for a tight screwing or unscrewing this is the way. The use of a little force to the last thread always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuiceNinja View Post
    I don't really want to have to use thread locker on it. In my mind it is a design flaw and for such an expensive steel tube I would expect it to just work.
    There's no need to use thread locker, neither it is a design flaw and it just works. If yours doesn't for any reason beyond what I suggested above, don't hesitate to send an email to info(at)vapourart.com and we shall solve any issue definitely
    Last edited by Perseas; 22-05-13 at 05:39 PM.

AVF Regular
    Cheers Perseas, I'll definitely send you an email!

I did try tightening the nut as far as it would go, but the problem I had then was that the nut was a mm or so below the pin, hence it didn't make a good enough connection with the battery so I was getting a weak vape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast