Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Caravela Clone but a good one

AVF Regular

Cool Caravela Clone but a good one

there is a thread for items you want in a co-op of course and I have posted about this there, but I'm not sure if everyone bothers to look anymore especially with the poor feedback from the jilong Vela clone.
    This is the Ephro Clone and is a different animal all together, I have included quotes from ECF buyers and some pics (not mine, another buyer's)
    If you like it then visit the 'Items you want in a co-op thread and say so
    This one is great without tweaks, but could be really great with a little adjustment IMHO.
    Here ya go then.

Quote:"I just picked one up.. The bottom button is a wobbler, it wont stand straight unless you use the lock ring. So if you don't mind locking it before setting it down, it's not a big deal. In fact it works better than a vela in that it will fire no matter where you press it. There is also insulation on the inner top wall where the "notches" should be allowing for batteries that have little or no sleaving on their negative post to be used. The vela is on instant fire mode with these types of batteries.

The Button has a smooth throw to boot, no grinding or gritty feel. Spring is just right tension wise. The lock ring is reverse threaded and is smooth as silk as well. All said, the button needs some work but is a weighty, solid very well machined piece. Just to note, Neither the Vela nor this device will vent in the locked position. Although the notches in the Vela's switch threading help airflow, I am able to blow air with a battery in the shipwreck, albeit not as easily as I can with a Vela. So adding notches in the future is on my to do list. Also, the throw distance is greater with the shipwreck but not horribly so.

The Threading on this is very good, the SS tube is weighty solid construction, top cap same deal. It's quite a bit bigger than an actual Vela 18350. I mean it's like 3 mm shy in length from an 18500 vela.

For $85 at litecig it's worth the price they are asking imo. It hits hard out of the box, comes with 3 brass screws for the 510 center pin (flat head) and can be adjusted with just a fingernail no problem and an extra spring. The pictures at litecig for this mod are the real deal, so you get what you see. Ohh and to clarify it is the Ehpro version, I think the first batch to hit the states?

That's my first impressions.. Hope I can pick up a 18500 tube for this in the future.

-CF "

Quote:"Ok, so I decided to snap some shots of the EHPro (Caravela Clone) ie. Shipwreck that I got from LiteCigs.
    From what I understand this is the newest and best of the clones. This one (as of now) only comes in 18350.

I completely agree with Cowfood's comments; the wobble does bother me a bit (but it does not misfire).
    I have included some pics of the spring set up to compare with the pics of a real Caravela
    Out of the box: comes with 2 progressively shorter top center posts and spare switch spring (which doesn't seem any stiffer)
    Very nice finish (they are all marked DHX016)
    Mounted SmokTek Dual Coil Carto 2 hole 1.25 Ohm SmokTech Tank - Vaperev Drip Tip
    Flush fit and no rattle (using #2 center post with a button top battery)
    Topcap and switch assemblies
    As Cowfood stated: the real caravela does not contain these white plastic (delrin?) insulators on the top and bottom caps.
    Decent threads (little dirty)"

floorzone2 and Big Ev like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Ps Mods, If you want to move this somwhere else be my guest, I just felt it deserved a little extra exposure
    Stomp likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

ehpro has replied. its quite expensive actually , checked against paypal rate it works out to be around 48 dollar delivered to me. add auspost we are looking at 50 plus per unit. I'm working on few other details with them, mainly trying to lower the moq because as it stands it will exceed 1000 gst limit (currently moq is 30) and I want to know if they offer other tubes

This kinda makes me sad for Pedro,

They are getting much closer to cloning his design to perfection,

But my ethical concerns should not interfere with the co-op , for the money looks good!
    Jas and genoxy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    ehpro has replied. its quite expensive actually , checked against paypal rate it works out to be around 48 dollar delivered to me. add auspost we are looking at 50 plus per unit. I'm working on few other details with them, mainly trying to lower the moq because as it stands it will exceed 1000 gst limit (currently moq is 30) and I want to know if they offer other tubes
    So u doing a coop? If yes...

1.urecia

they agree to do it with 20 units and full set tubes (350 500 650) im waiting for the final price and ill start the coop soon. im really hoping the tube will fit gus too :-)
    ckane, Fatman, vapourize and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Interested .. love the Caravella but not ze price
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    For me i couldn't handle having to lock it each time i put it down, and the extra length versus the battery size, but for the price its looks pretty damn good. The chinese are slowly getting their act together
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Looks pretty good to me But, I wont even consider it if it's only available in an 18350 tube... Not very compatible with my gennys :/

Quote Originally Posted by edski2 View Post
    Looks pretty good to me But, I wont even consider it if it's only available in an 18350 tube... Not very compatible with my gennys :/
    they do offer 2 extra tubes for 16usd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast