Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: (FS)(MELB) Silver Dog V1

AVF Regular

(FS)(MELB) Silver Dog V1

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested in a V1 Silverdog, it has been upgraded with the V1 upgrade kit that Van sent out after its release, and has the 18350, 18500 and 18650 tubes.

Its in great condition for a V1 (the V2's had a bit more spit and polish when released) only thing is i have lost the little delrin insulator that also goes into the tank (i take it out so i can fit a 7/64 ceramic in it and use it without it). Its the smallest delrin piece in this $16 eur kit (probably cost you AUD$36 delivered but you will need to get on the site and be notified when they are in stock as they go quickly, and dont come up regularly). Heres a link to the kit, its the smallest piece.

DELRIN PARTS

I was thinking about ordering one and putting it in and then selling it as i just dont use it much with all my new mods.

I haven't actually noticed any issues with using it without it in, but haven't been using it much lately either. I am happy for others to chip in if they have been using a silver dog with the delrin insulator out and have noticed any issues?

If someone is interested in it as is, I will sell it for $100 express posted, so its a good deal to you and i dont have to stalk the website to buy an insulator and then sell it If someone is interested i will post some pictures.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 25-06-13 at 11:01 PM.
    Milkman_ likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

If you'll take payment on Monday I'll take it. PENDING PICS. If you don't mind posting pics

AVF Regular
    Sure no worries, I will have too post the pics tomorrow morning, after you have a look and if your still happy to buy it, i will hold on to it until monday
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Mick your a champ. I saw one Driesy got and I loved it. Nice and clean. If you change your mind and decide to sell all good.
    Will wait for pics in the morning. Thanks again mick

Oohh nice buy milky

AVF Regular
    If milkman falls through let me know ... Money standing by

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    Oohh nice buy milky
    too late silver. I know u want this. haha

AVF Regular
    heres the pics - it has a few little nicks in it as you can see in the pic (ironic but i did this when was polishing it with the drill) but in normal use you wouldn't really notice them, i positioned them in the light so you could see them.

The joins etc on the V1's are not as flush and seem less as on the V2's, but at this price it really is a steal for a hybrid mod with extra tubes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by conner83 View Post
    If milkman falls through let me know ... Money standing by
    that would be me conner
    conner83 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ok milkman, pulled it all apart and cleaned it. While cleaning it, was close to cancelling the sale lol as it is a good mod, but i just wont use it enough to justify keeping it.

Only reason i was concerned with the silver dog and no insulator is that the SD has a different juice tank set up than other genesis mods. The tank it self comes right out and you can fill it and then slot it back in. The insulator delrin goes from the wick hole and then slots tightly into the tank when you slot the removable tank back into it. Without the insulator you rely totally on a close seal between the tank and the out shell off the tank cover to seal it, but its tight as the tank is SS and slides into a delrin cover. Not sure if you can picture what i mean but there will be some pics on the internet. I have used it a few times without the insulator to cater for 7/64 ceramics and havent noticed any leaks as the tank part is a tight fit when you slide it back in. When I pulled it apart to clean it i could see a couple of drips on the top of the tank and bottom of wick deck, and noticed one drip size bit of juice on the bottom of the tube which could have been from a very small leak?

Anyway worse case you would need to buy the delrin spare kit, but they are not easy to get. Keep an eye on the PIT silverdog thread as dellboy posts updates there.

Just wanted you to be aware of a possible leaking issue without the delrin. Like I said I have used it for about 5 tank fills without the delrin insulator and never noticed any leak.

Let us know what you want to do.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 26-06-13 at 04:33 PM.
    Milkman_ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast