Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WTB Iatty GGTS Base or Iatty with a GGTS Base.

WTB Iatty GGTS Base or Iatty with a GGTS Base.

This may be a long shot,

But now that I have the dual coil ceramic upgrade / plastic for my Iatty I'm using it more than my Ithaka and Oddy's as the performance is outstanding.

Unfortunately I only have the 510 base so I am unable to plug it directly in to my GGTS which will allow air control.

I've tried blocking the hole in the 510 connector but it doesn't work very well. I've tried sourcing the GGTS base overseas without any luck (due to the age of the device)

So if anyone has a spare Iatty with a GGTS base or just the Iatty GGTS base itself and want to sell it please let me know.

I'm open to any/all offers within reason, I'd also be open to trading my Iatty 510 base for the Iatty GGTS Base!

Payment will be via Paypal,

Thank you!
    Last edited by soth; 30-06-13 at 12:09 AM.
    f-five.com.... coming soon.

Hi soth,
    I may be wrong, but I think a GGTS connector as below should do the job if you have one:

THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: GGTS Accessories :: GGTS Connector 801 - 510 - e-smokeguru

This should enable the use of air control.

Hope this is of some help..
    Last edited by Big Ev; 01-07-13 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Hi soth,
    I may be wrong, but I think a GGTS connector as below should do the job if you have one:

THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: GGTS Accessories :: GGTS Connector 801 - 510 - e-smokeguru

This should enable the use of air control.

Hope this is of some help..
    Thanks mate, I'll give it a go

Ever since I started using the new dual coil iatty kits I love them.

Always though oddy's were better and my ithaka the best, but iatty is now easily the best vape for me out of all GG's offerings.

If I could find another one to buy I'd pick it up in a heartbeat and another dual coil kit!
    Last edited by soth; 01-07-13 at 11:29 PM.

Sounds like the original is still the best! How did you find the vape with the single coil soth? Would love to see some pics of the dual coil setup.

Might have to grab one of those kits.

Cheers mate.

Where did you get the dual coil kit from mate? I too love the iatty but had 2 days where it messed me around with leaking and i have not gone back to it since. It was probably my error but i thought i had set it up just right.

The single coil was ok, not the best vape but it was comparable to an oddy,

I rebuilt this today and took some pics. The kit replaces the top plastic part with one that supports for the extra wicks and a single ceramic.

The kit comes from here http://e-steamer.com/index.php?route...2&search=iatty. It took about a week to get here which is pretty good.

Make sure you buy several ceramics, I broke one putting it in as they are thin due to the 4 cut outs. If you push it in hard without applying force to the center it will snap one of the sides.

You basically coil it like you would any Iatty. I used ecowool and put a small 1mm peice between each coil.

This is a 0.7ohm arrangement. (2 x 1.4ohm coils). It's hard to work in such a tiny space and get the coils really tight but I got there in the end. I wrapped them outside but then they got stretched so I had to redo them.

The little piece of ecowool (or silica) between the coils ensures you dont get a single short. I learned that the hard way after wasting an hour lol.

Edit : For reference I'm using 2mm ecowool for the coils and 1mm small peice between them. 3mm ecowool will not fit into the holes (I tried it).

Also this arrangement resolves any leaking or flooding you would get with a single normal coil. I can run the juice right down from the top of the tank to the very bottom without a single leak or flood.

I have 2 x oddy kayfun conversion kits on the way from Poland. They may make some of the Oddy's I own (I have 4 somehow lol) into a better device than the dual coil iAtty, but time will tell.
    Last edited by soth; 02-07-13 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks for the pics. Wishing i had picked up a clear window when i had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Wishing i had picked up a clear window when i had the chance.
    They are still available, Kir Fanis sell's some and Avid Vapers have some in stock.

Nice pics. Thanks soth.

Question on that GGTS connector how does the center pin then make contact with the Iatty?

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast