Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: WTB Zapper (any wire joiner)

AVF Regular

WTB Zapper (any wire joiner)

Hey guys as the title suggest i need help in sourcing a wire joiner. Soth passed to me an oddi and I really want to make a go of this. Thank you for any help.

I was never quick enough to reply when they come up in here so recently ordered one from Juice Kitchen e-liquid for electronic cigarettes and vapers and am waiting for it to arrive.
    Captain likes this.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

AVF Regular
    Yeah i have my name down on some list some place but i was hoping to get one here first. Thank you for the link. If all else fails i guess i will get one from there.

It's kind of expensive for what it is, but what can ya do?

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

Send StiG a pm on UK vapers.

He makes the mini zapper.

29 pounds ( about $51 ) with cheap postage or 35 pounds ( about $61 ) with registered and insured postage.

He sent mine out pretty quick and is a nice guy to deal with
    Captain likes this.
    Well at least Vaping has stopped my god awful wheezing

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate - I looked into the mini zapper. Still hoping i can source locally though. I figured some people may have moved on from the gg rba's and jumped on the kayfun road.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yeah i have my name down on some list some place but i was hoping to get one here first. Thank you for the link. If all else fails i guess i will get one from there.

You could make one for far less. Looks like a super simple build:

Small Welder for joining Nichrome and Nickel Wires
    Captain and Robray like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Premade NR-R-NR wires (if all else fails)
    Captain and Robray like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Premade NR-R-NR wires (if all else fails)
    yeah i picked up some from stormys a little while ago. The 1.5 ones. I get a bad taste from them for some reason (perhaps they use a different type of wire). I have blowtorched them and everything but it is still there. Soth sent me some that he made and i got not bad taste at all. So i was wanting to make my own. Plus the 1.5 will be a problem for dual coils. Thanks for the thought though.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    yeah i picked up some from stormys a little while ago. The 1.5 ones. I get a bad taste from them for some reason (perhaps they use a different type of wire). I have blowtorched them and everything but it is still there. Soth sent me some that he made and i got not bad taste at all. So i was wanting to make my own. Plus the 1.5 will be a problem for dual coils. Thanks for the thought though.
    Oh, I also came across another DIY method using an old camera with a flash, or an old hotshoe flash. You pull the camera apart, disconnect the xenon flash tube, putting two leads with aligator clips instead.

My feeling is that some larger flash units at 250-300V might do it OK. The small units in consumer type cameras may not charge to high enough voltage to give a good result. If you have any kind of high voltage circuit and can charge a large electrolytic capacitor to 300-400v then you can do almost anything with that.

Note that all of the suggestions in this particular message are for the electronics enthusiast with more experience, otherwise the results could be little shocking, so to speak ;-)
    Captain likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast