Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WTB: SS rope wick

AVF Regular

WTB: SS rope wick

Where have you been all my life...? Makes genny rebuilds super quick and easy, I got some for free ages ago, gave some away and kept a little to try which I just got around to and I'd like more that just rolled mesh.

30cm should do it, that will make enough wicks for years...

If anyone has some they can part with please let me know

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

AVF Regular
    didnt i give u any? damn i must have missed yours. I got a whole heap from good old conner.

AVF Regular
    I've been looking for this too, couldn't find the right size at bunning. Was told to check out the steel company but couldn't find them. Could anyone spare a bit for me also?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    didnt i give u any? damn i must have missed yours. I got a whole heap from good old conner.
    Nah I got some from jorj, any left?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by unik View Post
    I've been looking for this too, couldn't find the right size at bunning. Was told to check out the steel company but couldn't find them. Could anyone spare a bit for me also?
    Hey! No hi-jacking lol

I bought mine from Kebles in Melbourne. Stainless Steel Wire Rope | Keble's Trading
    WA. 2.0mm 7x7 316 S/STEEL W/ROPE - Perth, Western Australia - The Rigging Shed
    NSW. All Things Stainless Steel*-*All Things Stainless Steel
    Qld. ?
    SA. ?
    Just look up stainless steel wire rope, I would recommend 2mm 7x7, any bigger is wasted space, 7x19 doesn't wick as well as the 7x7, smaller gennies can use 1.6mm 7x7

Edit: been using wire rope for some time now and is great, no real need to tip too far or you will flood, just lean toward the wick and all is good
    Last edited by dvietrod; 01-10-13 at 12:15 AM.
    unik likes this.

AVF Regular
    Haha sorry meant after you of course but have been told bunnings does have the correct sizes.. edit: or these places ^ thanks for the links

Quote Originally Posted by genoxy View Post
    Hey! No hi-jacking lol

AVF Regular
    ships chandlers have it in all kinds of sizes. Take a walk down the nearest marina.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys! Just for simplicity if anyone has some they can part with that'd be great

AVF Regular
    If you have trouble getting some mate gimme a yell and next time Im home Ill go down to Yeppoon and grab you some.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast