Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fudgeball

Thread: SA - Long Shot.. WTB Doc Dave Black Isolators (510 Connection)

SA - Long Shot.. WTB Doc Dave Black Isolators (510 Connection)

Hi,

So I shorted out my steam turbine ti doing silly things with tri coils and 0.3 ohms,

So the 510 isolator melted.

My mini bee one needs replacing also as its a bit loose from adusting the pole and replacing the faulty delrin one on the deck side with teflon.

I only have the white teflon ones from vaperev.

However they are for the deck connection, not the 510.

Without the black one for the 510 the positive posts move up and down (with the Teflon installed).

This means it causes hotspots when the atty is screwed down.on a device and the positive pin is pushed up.

So I need 2 or more black doc dave isolators, or alternatively a place to buy them.

I have already tried doc dave's facebook group, no dice.

My mini micro ti is all that's left that i functioning as its brand new and has the black isolator in the bottom, the mrs has it and won't give it back... that and my microstick.

Try hitting up Matt Fleissig on Facebook.. He might be able to help you there
    soth likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soth View Post
    My mini micro ti is all that's left that i functioning as its brand new and has the black isolator in the bottom, the mrs has it and won't give it back... that and my microstick.
    lol she probably doesn't want you to bugger that one up as well

AVF Regular
    Vaperev should have them

I'll ask Matt, thanks for the suggestion fudgeball

Vaperev have the white teflon isolators only Bugzme, they are for the deck, not the 510.

I have a heap of the white teflon ones and they don't work. Even tried melting one (not an easy thing to do with teflon as it has a very high melting point) to try to make it stick, didn't work

The 510 black ones are a much tighter seal which is what stops the pole shifting up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke916 View Post
    lol she probably doesn't want you to bugger that one up as well
    lol she is in love with it.

Originally I got an SS one from the facebook list, and I decided to pass it on to stabs (same price as I paid dave, so RRP).

She hid it in the house somewhere for a week from me because she said it was cute.

I finally found it and sent it on its way to stabs, so when she saw the ti she has now done the same thing, I'm never seeing that ever again I'm sure

AVF Regular
    They were supposed to get them in Doc sent them the new ones, also another site has them but I don't remember its name.

it is mentionioned on Doc's FB page though....