Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hank
  • 2 Post By yoshio

Thread: WTB Ego Twist USB Charger

AVF Regular

WTB Ego Twist USB Charger

Hello,

Recently bought a twist from vendor, but unfortunately the battery won't charge.
    So in order to rule out is not my charger issues or battery issues, I am thinking to buy one if anyone has spare to let go.

I can pick it up from Melbourne CBD area.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    I'm new myself yoshio but have you tried pushing the button rapidly 5 times to turn the battery off and on?
    When the battery is off, it will flash while on the charger but do nothing when you take it off.
    I thought mine wasn't working at first due to this
    Last edited by sonnen; 26-11-13 at 01:57 AM.

AVF Regular
    I am in the Melbourne CBD and have a few spare chargers here and can drop one off if need be. If you have a fine screw driver GENTLY see if you can move the battery and recipiant contacts out a tad first to see if they haven`t made contact with each other. UNPLUG THE CHARGER BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

Also when in doubt press the button rapidly either three or five time times. This is usually the start up method.

If it still doesn`t work I can drop by tomorrow with a new charger and if I can find one, a battery as well.

PM me if those solutions dont work

Oh and before anyone calls backflip style behaviour they are free.
    Last edited by hank; 26-11-13 at 02:10 AM.
    spud and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Sonnen,

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Yup, I know about the 5 click on/off thing, when I received it, I manage to turn it on and it fires.
    Before using it, I charge the battery for at least 6 hours, but the USB cable still have a red light on it. Unplug brought it to work and vaping happily until it runs flat.
    Went home charge it whole night, to my surprise, the USB cable still showing red and the battery won't turn on. So I am guessing its probably the cable fault thus the WTB thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonnen View Post
    I'm new myself yoshio but have you tried pushing the button rapidly 5 times to turn the battery off and on?
    When the battery is off, it will flash while on the charger but do nothing when you take it off.
    I thought mine wasn't working at first due to this

AVF Regular
    Hi Hank,

That is very generous of you! I will be too happy to just get my hand on the charger, but can't take it for free mate

Will PM you with details.

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    I am in the Melbourne CBD and have a few spare chargers here and can drop one off if need be. If you have a fine screw driver GENTLY see if you can move the battery and recipiant contacts out a tad first to see if they haven`t made contact with each other. UNPLUG THE CHARGER BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

Also when in doubt press the button rapidly either three or five time times. This is usually the start up method.

If it still doesn`t work I can drop by tomorrow with a new charger and if I can find one, a battery as well.

PM me if those solutions dont work

Oh and before anyone calls backflip style behaviour they are free.

AVF Regular
    A big thank you to Hank, got the charger yesterday and its now charging flawlessly. still amazed by help and support from forum members.

Mod may close this thread.
    avtek and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    Excellent news. Glad to help.

AVF Regular
    Ego Batts have problems with the 510 pin being stuck too deep. Get a small flathead screwdriver and try to wiggle the 510 pin out and see if that sorts ur problem