Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By himynameisbunny

Thread: WTT- Origen v2 for a Paradigm Magma

AVF Regular

WTT- Origen v2 for a Paradigm Magma

Probably wishful thinking but I'll give it a shot.

Aware that people are yet to receive them but I figured they could trade me their pre-sale spot or whatever.

Got a Origen about two weeks ago. Done maybe one or two builds in it.

It's just way too fiddly for my hands. Gives a cracking vape though.

Also has the accompanying short drip tip.

I paid $156.06 including shipping and the Magma is $120 so the trade would be, say a Magma and $20.

AVF Regular

v2 is a rocking attie! GLWS

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post

v2 is a rocking attie! GLWS
    That it is, but capturing the wires is just too hard. I'm not that great with my hands unfortunately, so the Magma looks like it'd be far easier for me.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisbunny View Post
    That it is, but capturing the wires is just too hard. I'm not that great with my hands unfortunately, so the Magma looks like it'd be far easier for me.
    Its one of those devices that require you to sort of prebend the wires before putting your coil in to make things easier, Ive been doing it for a few weeks now and its just as easy as any other atty now

AVF Regular
    Probably wishful thinking but I'll give it a shot.

Aware that people are yet to receive them but I figured they could trade me their pre-sale spot or whatever.

Got a Origen about two weeks ago. Done maybe one or two builds in it.

It's just way too fiddly for my hands. Gives a cracking vape though.

Also has the accompanying short drip tip.

I paid $156.06 including shipping and the Magma is $120 so the trade would be, say a Magma and $20.
    If it was a straight trade, I still wouldn't consider it. By the reviews that I have seen, the magma looks to be a sensational vape. As Fawks suggests, the origen isn't that difficult to build. Trap the top wire through the centre post and leave whatever you used to wrap the coil on, in place. Then just trap the other leg of the coil under the allen key screw. You can then alter the coil to whatever position you want it. Repeat the same process on the other side for dual coil. Contact coils will be the easiest to set up using this method. I have only bothered with horizontal coils and it works a treat. Maybe in a couple of weeks once the current batch of Magmas arrive there will be one or two unhappy campers. We've waited this long and I for one, am starting to get a bit 'BIG KEV'. Does your Origen v2 come with the complete bottom fed kit? This might in fact twist someones arm and pique a bit of interest.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    If it was a straight trade, I still wouldn't consider it. By the reviews that I have seen, the magma looks to be a sensational vape. As Fawks suggests, the origen isn't that difficult to build. Trap the top wire through the centre post and leave whatever you used to wrap the coil on, in place. Then just trap the other leg of the coil under the allen key screw. You can then alter the coil to whatever position you want it. Repeat the same process on the other side for dual coil. Contact coils will be the easiest to set up using this method. I have only bothered with horizontal coils and it works a treat. Maybe in a couple of weeks once the current batch of Magmas arrive there will be one or two unhappy campers. We've waited this long and I for one, am starting to get a bit 'BIG KEV'. Does your Origen v2 come with the complete bottom fed kit? This might in fact twist someones arm and pique a bit of interest.
    Didn't come with a bottom feed kit, no.

My past 4-5 builds have been done exactly as you say (32ga 10 wraps around 1.58mm drill bit) - one coil will normally turn out good, one will deform upon first firing. The last one I made the coil separated into two from the middle for some reason.

Getting the right tension on the wires in the middle post is the hardest part, I just can't seem to nail it.

I'm just at the point where I don't really want to fiddle too much and the Magma looks like it'd hit the spot. Serves me right for OUI (ordering under the influence)

AVF Regular
    32 gauge is certainly going to be a delicate operation. I have been using 28 gauge which is a lot more robust. I wrapped mine on about the same diameter but only 8 wraps. Dual coil it came out at .74ohm which is by no means an over the top sub ohm build. Are you using a regulated device and need to keep the ohms at such a high level? Maybe give it a try with 30 gauge or 28 gauge on a mechanical device. I can send you some wire if you want. The origen is OMG good. Don't give up mate!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Yeah I run regulation, I refuse to run unregulated as a) not having the same vape beginning to end gives me the shits and b) knowing me I'd hard short it at some point.

As a result dual coils on 28ga is a bit of a pipe dream as all I have left after my sale the other week is a Vamo (1.5ohms min) and a Kicked Nemesis (0.8ohms min).

I'd need to do 12-13 wraps of 28ga to get it above 0.8ohms so I suppose I could get it to work.

I normally use 28ga in my Kayfuns, I can't believe how much harder 32ga is to work with....

AVF Regular
    Yeah I run regulation, I refuse to run unregulated as a) not having the same vape beginning to end gives me the shits and b) knowing me I'd hard short it at some point.

As a result dual coils on 28ga is a bit of a pipe dream as all I have left after my sale the other week is a Vamo (1.5ohms min) and a Kicked Nemesis (0.8ohms min).

I'd need to do 12-13 wraps of 28ga to get it above 0.8ohms so I suppose I could get it to work.

I normally use 28ga in my Kayfuns, I can't believe how much harder 32ga is to work with....
    Try a single coil with 12 wraps. A single coil with 8 or 9 wraps gets me to 1.2ohm or so if I remember right(no guarantees there though). Sorry can't help you more than that. I love my origen!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Forgot to thank you Gresh...I don't think I've tried a build on it since but I will over the weekend to give it a head-to-head with the Magma.

On that topic I ended up getting a Magma from intaste so this can be closed
    Gresh11 likes this.