Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [WTB] Decent under $150 mod for first vape

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

[WTB] Decent under $150 mod for first vape

hi guys im just looking at buying a vape for the first time.. im a pretty heavy smoker and am on reds so i think id want a decent throat hit and thick vape.. ive been looking at the box style mods so far just because i feel that the tube shape is not as efficient. so a good all in one setup would be great, im a bit of a tinkerer and know how to solder.. so any advice would be appreciated
    thanks,
    josh

AVF Regular
    $150 pick up and it's yours. Vicious Ant Silverback and ehpro Kayfun
    Juzm likes this.

^^don't buy that new guy.

Not appropriate for a brand new vaper.

JWH, Nakor, ssstahly and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    For a box style mod to start out, you can't beat the Innokin MVP and a few iclear 16's to match. easy to use, no separate batteries.

Have a look in the vendors section, most Aussie vendors have them around 60/65/70 in a kit. or International from health cabin or fastech and wait longer they're about 50.
    JWH, Nakor and Scoot like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 on the MVP - Great bit of kit . . . . battery lasts 2 - 3 days - easy recharge on Micro USB - VV/VW if you want to experiment . . . Might want to add Naut / Aero /Protank to order . . . and an IGO-L or IGO-W for tinkering - with some 30g Kanthal . . . . Depending on where you are in Melbourne - well worth getting hold of Paul at Vaphilia and paying him a visit in Elwood - can look / see / touch before you buy . . . . just my 2c
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    Damn, led you astray. Cheaper than I thought locally.

A special here on the patterned ones

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Energy Line Kit

or plain coloured

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Kit
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    Depending where in Melbourne you are I would highly recommend Simon from EcigModShop. I know I keep saying it but I went to visit him, he showed me what's available, and sorted me out with a good first setup. The next day I quit smoking. I even tried to buy more stuff from him and he highly recommended I didn't until I tried what I had, then to come back and see him. Honesty at it's best! Send him an email and he will respond and let you know how to meet up with him and check out his range. Good prices too I found.
    -Last Analogue-
    Thursday 24-04-2014 @ 4:00pm

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by InhalExhale View Post
    hi guys im just looking at buying a vape for the first time.. im a pretty heavy smoker and am on reds so i think id want a decent throat hit and thick vape.. ive been looking at the box style mods so far just because i feel that the tube shape is not as efficient. so a good all in one setup would be great, im a bit of a tinkerer and know how to solder.. so any advice would be appreciated
    thanks,
    josh
    Shape has less to do with efficiency than comfort, both physically and emotionally.
    If you don't like the look of something you won't carry or use it. So a preference for one
    form-factor is absolutely a valid criteria for vape selection.

As for tinkering.. if you were making this enquiry a couple of years ago we would have
    pointed you to lots of DIY material. But the rate of progress in vape technology is such
    that going soldering-level DIY, as a not-yet-vaper, is counterproductive.

The aim of all of this is to stop using burning cigarettes. If vaping turns into a hobby, great.
    But you don't need sub-ohm/high power/huge clouds to have a vape that will satisfy
    and keep you off the analogues.

An Aspire Nautilus (or Nautilus Mini) on top of an iTaste mvp2 will provide a vape
    that people could only have dreamed of just a couple of years ago. And that's just one
    example setup out of the dozens you could put together today.

To get decent throat hit all you need is a modern clearomizer on a good battery,
    and juice with the right nicotine ratio for you.

In the words of one notable vaper "take the journey". Start with a good clearomizer setup,
    experiment with different nicotine ratios and flavours. When you're comfortable with
    vaping and have been off the analogues for a while then see if you want to turn vaping
    into a hobby.
    dan6a, Fatman, TonyK and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Great post ^

Diving in at the deep end will almost certainly end badly, there is a steep learnng curve with rebuildables & they can be dangerous when mixed with a mechanical mod.
    Best to start out nice & safe, get off the smokes & play around with other stuff on the side while you have a good reliable vape to keep you off the durries while you experiment to find your 'happy place'

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    cheers for the responses guys, i have been looking at the mvp or the vtr, the only reason i was looking at getting more future proof device is because im not sure that i can afford to take the journey so to speak.. id really rater have some difficulties at the beginning to benefit in the long run. but ill take the advice and choose something simple. di3s3l i will do that thanks for the tip.
    ps i am a 2nd year engineer fitter/machinist
    and have done electrotech courses, thats the only reason i thought id be sweet,
    but thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast