Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delta

Thread: Provari 2.5 Satin Silver $70 (or best offer) - MELB + Provari v2 (faulty) $30

AVF Regular

Provari 2.5 Satin Silver $70 (or best offer) - MELB + Provari v2 (faulty) $30

The provari externally looks and feels really great as its built like a tank and the satin color hides some minor scratches, it does have some bruises on top and bottom caps from drops but they're just cosmetic and unless you look for them you won't even notice it. HOWEVER, the little window (and 2 screws) are missing - was quoted $25 USD to have a new window and screws shipped by Provape. (there's a vid on youtube on how to DIY for free using a plastic container)

The internal PCB moved around a few months ago I opened the top cap and used crappy glue to glue it in place. The provari works BUT 1) it sometimes misfires ( the button must be pressed fully or it wobbles ever so slightly and can misfire) - it's not a huge problem but sometimes when holding the button down it will actually register 'clicks' and activate the menu. Happens maybe once or twice out of 10 times.

2) as I used glue to fix the PCB back in it's place, I cannot guarantee that you wiil be able to pop the cap and remove the PCB again (which is what needs to be done to install the new window). With that said, the device works just fine without the window. The PCB/display appear to be still fully functional. I've used it without the window for about a month without any issues.

$70 plus shipping or best offer. Pickup also available from Moonee Ponds (about 15 min drive from Melb CBD). Please note no batteries/charger included.

I also have another black Provari (v2) that's non-functional but the tube/bottom and top caps are still there - it even has the window The PCB is messed up though because on that one I used glue on the switch and it's cactus. There may be a way to clean it up and install a new button/switch but it's not something I have time for. Could be a good tube for a custom mod or something like that. Please note the colour is black and it's very scuffed up because v2 didn't use anodized paint so it came of real easy.

I'll post photos soon.
    soulvaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've just tested the switch about a 100 times and it fired every time so I'm probably exaggerating the misfire issue ..it's very rare unless you're not pushing the button down all the way (just like any other device I guess). The main issue obviously is the missing window and fact that the PCB has been glued in place. You could probably soak the whole thing in alcohol to dissolve the glue and get the PCB out... I just don't have the inclination to mess around with it any longer.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Take both for $100 and I'll include shipping for free. Pickup welcome also.

AVF Regular
    Hi Delta
    Do you still have the display screen/window and screws?

AVF Regular
    Can I take these off your hands, where are you located in Melbourne can maybe do pickup

AVF Regular
    No I don't have the silver one's window/screws ..I've no idea when or where I lost them.

I'm in Moonee Ponds, pickup is fine and I'm pretty flexible as I work from home. Cheers Den