Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Convert
  • 1 Post By CCVaper

Thread: [WTT] Aspire Nautilus for Kanger Aerotank

[WTT] Aspire Nautilus for Kanger Aerotank

G'day,

Wanting to trade my Aspire Nautilus (comes with steel mesh sleeve as well as original glass) for a Kanger Aerotank (Turbo/Mega).

To be honest I'm just not into this thing, not sure what it is but the coils s*** me to tears and don't really want to keep rebuilding disposable coils, kinda defeats the purpose lol.

For clarity, I'm not sure if this unit is defective, I highly doubt it, it's probably got something to do with me using high VG juice and the coils not wicking properly.

I started out vaping with a Kanger Protank Mini, and it hasn't skipped a beat, I'd just like one with a larger juice well.
    Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” - HST

AVF Regular
    I have run into issues with the way the mini nautilus has the air hole ring set overhanging the bit you need to hold when unscrewing the tank. Needless to say i have two mini nauts that i will need to find pliers out in hubby's shed to unscrew the blasted things. Bought a kanger aerotank V2 from the classies and was so impressed with its easy access to refill design that i have just got myself another two. And very happy with the airflow holes and flavour.

My missus has a mini, I think it's a far better design than the big one, with the coil not having a surrounding well and all, but the flavour difference between the Aspire tanks and my crappy little pro tanks is quite immense, and they never flood, quick to refill etc. plus, the coils never have a problem wicking even the most viscous of juice.
    Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” - HST

Also, good to see a Gippslander on here, actually have noticed a few on here, wish I had've known there were some fellow Vapers around Gippsland before moving down this way lol

AVF Regular
    Have only 1 vaper mate near me, and i think i am the only one in my town by the amount of comments i get from the locals especially the few times i have been at the pub, and hung out in the smokers area for a vape fix during the night. Though i did go to a local 21st and i spent most of the night explaining vaping to 5 smokers who wanted to quit the stinkies and showing them the evod2 , MVP2.0 , and tanks i had weighing down my handbag lol. So it was a great fun night which has hopefully given them enough info to try it for themselves.
    Which area were you from FF?

Lol yeah I can imagine, I was having a vape with a mate down that way in a pub, I thought I was gonna get bashed haha. Yeah that's great, I always try to get out as much as I can and let people see me vaping, always lots of curious folk who ask lots of questions and generally it gets a pretty good reception.
    I'm from the Maffra/Sale area, and yourself?

AVF Regular
    Korumburra /Leongatha area for me .
    One night in Bairs Pub in Leongatha i had this old drunk yelling out that i was smoking a crack pipe while i was waiting to pick up hubby. Couldnt convince him otherwise
    And this young female whose jaw dropped and kept on saying "OMG you have smoke coming out of that thing " lol. And then there was the guy who wouldnt take no for an answer when he wanted to suck on my tip, trust me when i say he was definitely not someone i wanted putting his lips on anything of mine !! And jeez he was persistent, hassled me continually and became extremely aggro till one of his sober mates stepped in and got him to back off and leave me alone.
    I decided i would wait till non smoking hubby and i went home from the party for my next vape that night.

Though i have found a good local coffee shop whose owner is happy for me to enjoy a vape with my cappaccino which is great.

Have a bestie down Stratford way, and used to take my girls down to Maffra for a few years in a row for a gymnastic camp that ran for a week in January. I got to catch up with my friend and enjoy the break from milking 240 cows while they had fun and learned new skills so it was a win for everyone.
    Last edited by Convert; 17-11-14 at 01:42 AM.
    fungusfiend likes this.

Got my big naut yesterday and put 1/8 drill thru the airhole. Use it with a BVC and its a different beast. Much like the silo now.

AVF Regular
    I have the nautilus, aero mega and silo tanks. Depending on the juice I find they all work quite well. Each one has it's + and - .

I run them all on 70%VG/30%PG and have never had wicking problems. The Nautilus tends to gurgle a bit when the juice gets low but other than that i have no issues with it. I did have a pack of dud coils which gave me the issues described in this thread but it came down to the coils and not the Nautilus. The aerotank would be the best for flavour IMO, I swapped the bottom of the aerotank mega for the geni tank airflow, much better and less figity. The aerotank has good airflow but I find it is hard to get that perfect pull because of the way the airflow works. The genitank airflow however, is a lot easier to adjust.
    fungusfiend likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Bump for luck