Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Slayer
  • 1 Post By Slayer
  • 2 Post By Gresh11
  • 1 Post By Kaoself

Thread: WTB 26g Kanthal

AVF Regular

WTB 26g Kanthal

Does anyone have some 26g (0.40mm) kanthal they can just pop in an envelope and send me?
    I have a spool on the way but am not sure when it will arrive.

AVF Regular
    By the time anyone posts it on Monday, and with Xmas time delays it would take a while regardless I reckon, how far off is your order? Are you completely desperate and have no wire at all, where in Melbourne are you?
    Kaoself likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    My wire is supposed to arrive some time next week. It did occur to me after I posted that it is possible I'll get mine at about the same time that I would if someone posted some on Mon. This week seems to have passed so quickly.
    I did actually find some 27g in my box (which was sold to me as 28g) so I've made a coil from that to tide me over.

AVF Regular
    No worries, yeah this week has flown, this month really. Was gonna say if your desperate and close enough that I could meet you somewhere and give you some, but seems you'll be right now, cheers
    Kaoself likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    what coils do you make with 26g ? I know that sound silly but I use 28g and 24g

AVF Regular
    Thankyou for the offer, though, Slayer.

Kayfun 4 coils, shanea. The increased airflow really needs a longer coil to cover the air hole more as it's about 30% larger diameter than the previous KF's, with a potential corresponding drop in air velocity. I've been finding that both lower ohms and larger coil surface area are needed to bring the flavour up to par. 28g is simply too small for me. Many of the US guys using kanthal (a lot seem to be on NI200 on DNA40) are finding 26g to be ideal too.
    So far from worst to best flavour I've found (with many wicking iterations in between):
    28g 2.4mm 7 wraps 1.2ohms
    28g 2.4mm 8 wraps 1.4ohms
    27g 2.4mm 9 wraps 1.2ohms

I'm assuming 26g 2.4mm 10 wraps, or 3mm 9 wraps both for 1.2oms will be better. Maybe even 26g 2.4mm 9 wraps for 1-1.1ohms. Perhaps a parallel coil would work well too, but I'm not ballsy enough to try one myself.
    Last edited by Kaoself; 20-12-14 at 03:07 PM.

AVF Regular
    Maybe consider twisting some. In my dripper phase I twisted some 32 gauge and ended up with some very nice wire. Easy to work with, quick ramp up time, durable, and I reckon it might of even had better flavour. Ridiculously easy to do as well. Have a quick google, might be just what you are after!
    Bobthebuilder and Kaoself like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Oohh! Interesting! I'll have a google.
    Gresh11 likes this.