Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: E.O.I. Zenesis 2 Bits & Bobs

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)

E.O.I. Zenesis 2 Bits & Bobs

I recently picked up a Z2 DX 490, (with a extra 340 tube)
    I was just wonderin' just how much Zenesis 2 stuff, there is out there?
    With the state of the AUD to the USD exchange rates,
    I was wonderin' how much I could get some of the local stuff for?

interested in;

1. Zenesis 2 System Hybrid Carto Tank, (has anyone tried one?)
    2. Zenesis 2 System Carto Tank Upgrade Kit, (BVC upgrade kit )
    3. Zenesis 2 System Standard Rebuildable Atomizer, (Da Z2 ZAP)
    4. Zenesis 2 System Kabuki Tank
    5. Zenesis 2.2 System 510 Connector - Stainless Steel, (got the old Z2)
    6. Zenesis 2.2 System 510 Upgrade Kit, (plan to fix the old Z2 Connector)
    7. Zenesis 2.2 System Switch Button Upgrade Kit - Stainless Steel, (plan to fix the old Z2 Switch)
    8. A Vape Safe fuse, (so I can use the 350 tube with the Z2)
    9. Zenesis 18650 Body Tube - Stainless Steel, (might look into the cost of gettin' longer tubes machined)
    10. 813-DNA 30 Z2 Threaded
    11. A ZNA

Of coarse this all may be a "Vapin' Santa" induced G.A.S. attack !!!
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 19-08-15 at 12:26 AM. Reason: A VapeSafe fuse

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Did you want to buy or sell
    Snidely_Whiplash likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Did you want to buy or sell
    Doh

Edited line two, buyin'
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 08-08-15 at 10:35 AM.
    Crisscross likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    Small reminder

AVF Regular
    Snideley, I can give you the following advice / info:

1. Zenesis 2 System Hybrid Carto Tank, (has anyone tried one?)
    Own one in gun metal - it was good at the time - ended up using it with a killer 705 way over priced for what it was. However t the time carto's where pretty popular, this was before things that we now know today existed like the Aspire Nautalis / Atlantis / insert name of your favorite sub tank in here they ran you about $230 USD new + shipping - would I buy this again - no there are much, much better choices out on the market available today for way less bucks - my advice would be to just get any of the regular modern clearo tanks - they perform better

2. Zenesis 2 System Carto Tank Upgrade Kit, (upgrade kit to allow you to use Aspire Nautilus BVC coils in your Z2 Cartomizer tank)
    Own one as well - it was the next logical step to make the $230 USD carto tank perform anywhere near it should have without the need to rebuild. - they ran you about $50 USD new + shipping.

3. Zenesis 2 System Standard Rebuildable Atomizer, [I](The Z2 ZAP)
    This was my first rebuildable and it cost me like $170 AUD shipped from Vape Bar in WA. At the time the draw on it was considered "airy" by many people including myself as we where used to trying to suck air through a carto which was tight as hell compared to today. It was a good device at the time and taught me a lot about Genesis atomizers with the training wheels and more importantly safety that the Provari provided - would I buy this again - probably not there are way better / cheaper options available on the market today. Like any Genesis atty (except a few) they will leak if you lay them on their side and the top cap on these was either frustratingly tight or very loose. If your going to get into rebuildables this is not the place I would start mesh will drive you nuts and there is nothing more wretched than a dry hit off a mesh build, strap yourself in if your going to play with mesh as a newbie

4 Zenesis 2 System Kabuki Tank
    I have one of these as well - Build quality great, draw on it is not that great. These are a great choice if you are already in the whole Z2 / Zen eco system. At the end of the day they are a very nice tank, but you pay a premium for that and you could have bought 4 x sub tanks at the price of one of these and at the end of the day they are just another clearo tank. Would I buy one of these again - probably not. They are $89 US + shipping and available over at electronic stix.

5. 2.2 System 510 Connector - Stainless Steel
    You only need these to convert the Hybird mods into something that you can use with another 510 device and then you have a mechanical mod. Like I said above if your already in the Z2 eco system then these are a logical choice

6.Zenesis 2.2 System 510 Upgrade Kit
    The pin that should have shipped with Zens products in the first place you mean - instead we got gold plated hex head screws that you couldn't adjust properly with the original runs! The 510 pins are a copper screw adjusting pin - we have moved forward since this design and most if not all 510 pins are now sprung loaded or self adjusting - again there are much better choices out there on the market

7. Zenesis 2.2 System Switch Button Upgrade Kit - Stainless Steel
    Have these as well these should have come with his mods to start with the original switch was designed so that the thing had to lift the battery inside the tube to make contact with the positive post on the mod, which lead to excessive battery rattle. These switches work but they are nowhere near as smooth as the switch on a Nemesis or a GP Paps or just about any other well made mechanical. They get temperamental and won't fire unless you hit them right in the middle and tend to be crunchy - they work but they are crunchy.

8. Zenesis 18650 Body Tube - Stainless Steel
    Nothing I can really say here - it's a tube with threads on both ends. When mine have arrived they needed to be cleaned up a little but they where all ok

9. 813-DNA 30 Z2 Threaded, (can it be DNA 40tified?)
    Have one of these I got in a trade - and they are a screw on for the Z2 tubes, and no the sled inside will not allow for the fitting of a DNA 40 -

10 And of-coarse a ZNA
    Have one of these I recently bought here on the forum - had one before and traded it for the ZNA 813. These are / where a solid mod at the time think heavy. I have held the ZNA lite version and they seem more pocket friendly - think lighter. At the end of the day they are still just a DNA 30

If I where you today I would not even consider any of these products, they are by far outdated by today's standards - they where great at the time but there are far better choices that can be had for way less money and will produce a better vape than anything in the Zen range. If your dead set keen on the Zen products buy yourself a Kabuki tank and a provari 3 if you want to run any of his more modern products you can even get them with the P3 hybird base. If you are after a DNA product - buy a DNA 40 product rather than mucking around trying to retrofit something. Hana Mods are a solid choice for a DNA 40 box mod.

If your looking at getting into mechanicals then by something decent and be done with it you just have to decide who or what you are going to spend your money with. I would say that if your going to spend the money on a mech buy an original piece as the clones tend to have various problems associated with them - some of the original pieces had problems as well, don't get me wrong I have nothing against clones. As far as a mechanical goes look at something from GP Paps or something else with a 20x1 threading so that you can use a hybird adapter later on.

So what I am trying to say is that these products where great in there day before we got to where we are at today, as far as vape quality goes and there can be better had for less bucks. Don't drink all the "cool aid" that Mike (Zen) pours - even if he looks like the vaping Santa
    steve.c and Brave like this.

AVF Regular
    Yay, someone in Australia did buy one of Vapin' Santa's carto tanks !?!
    Since I do use carto's on occasion, I would like to know, do they improve the flavour?
    Though at $100 for a carto tank, it is a bit steep !
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 11-08-15 at 03:57 PM.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Small reminder

AVF Regular
    Snidely, taste is a subjective thing but honestly not really - No. I stuck a killer 705 in mine to get the thing to work decently. I stupidly watched the pbusardo video when they where talking about them and thought to myself OMFG I have to try one of these!

It's nothing that any other carto tank can't do - spend the $20 and get yourself a Boge Carto Tank and spend the other $80 on good juice. (oh and $6 for a carto punch). I miss the simplicity of punch the carto, prime the carto, put the carto in the tank, I guess it was a good as it got at the time though.

Will I sell mine? No probably not I look at as a reminder that you can only believe half of what you see and just cause it's on the internet doesn't make it true....
    lheamfrg and Toddosh like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Haza View Post
    Snidely, taste is a subjective thing but honestly not really - No. I stuck a killer 705 in mine to get the thing to work decently. I stupidly watched the pbusardo video when they where talking about them and thought to myself OMFG I have to try one of these!

It's nothing that any other carto tank can't do - spend the $20 and get yourself a Boge Carto Tank and spend the other $80 on good juice. (oh and $6 for a carto punch). I miss the simplicity of punch the carto, prime the carto, put the carto in the tank, I guess it was a good as it got at the time though.

Will I sell mine? No probably not I look at as a reminder that you can only believe half of what you see and just cause it's on the internet doesn't make it true....

Even better are the splash tanks. SS & Pyrex.....lasts forever. Cheap as. HOV has them and Cartos on special although I am slowly cleaning him out of them.

I tend to adjust the flavour of my eliquid to taste as good as they can in a cartomizer and of course the Sophia's are brilliant for a rebuildable cartomizer.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Haza View Post

Got a couple of good Carto Tanks, (SnP, Siam Slim SS & AGR+)
    Got a good Carto punch, (Tube Bullet Piercing Valve FOR 1 4 5 16 3 8 | eBay)
    Know Carto's
    The only real way to tell is to take a carto that is three tanks old, (so it has stabilized), and then using the same juice PV & settings:
    Run the same amount of juice through this "Vapin' Santa" Tank & another Tank.
    Note "Vapin' Santa" ... love it, puts young Zen~ in his place.
    Your point about good juice is well taken, I have one juice that tastes bloody awful in a Kayfung, but passable in my ZAP.
    And other juices that taste great in a Kayfung, but excellent in my ZAP.
    Note love dat ZAP, love my Rose clone, (Crose), almost as much.
    When "Vapin' Santa" said the nic hit is a ZAP is better, he was right.
    When "Vapin' Santa" said carto's taste better in his carto tank, I'm not so sure right now.
    With the fallin' Australian Dollar & the risin' US Dollar, I don't think I will be grabbin' any "Vapin' Santa" stuff from the States soon.
    Heads up the Russian Ruble is fallin' faster that the AUD, $210 for a K4 with P&H from SvoeMesto Russia

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Small reminder

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Even better are the splash tanks. SS & Pyrex.....lasts forever. Cheap as. HOV has them and Cartos on special although I am slowly cleaning him out of them.

I tend to adjust the flavour of my eliquid to taste as good as they can in a cartomizer and of course the Sophia's are brilliant for a rebuildable cartomizer.
    Young HOVman has two nice JRad Glass Tanks on sale

Might look good on a P2.x, (without the bling ring).
    The Euro seems low right now, but young Greek Leo is holdin' his nerve & hasn't dropped his prices
    Sophia still costs
    Crisscross likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Small reminder

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Young HOVman has two nice JRad Glass Tanks on sale

Might look good on a P2.x, (without the bling ring).
    The Euro seems low right now, but young Greek Leo is holdin' his nerve & hasn't dropped his prices
    Sophia still costs

I have a couple of those Jrad tanks that kingy included in a tank bundle he sent me. If you want to pay express postage then you can have them. They are just the tank section without the drip tip. Lovely tanks but are just a bit big for me. One is plain the other is etched "walking dead"

I have zero regrets about any of my Sophia purchases and use them all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast