Like Tree13Likes
  • 13 Post By Fatman

Thread: Location in profile!

Super Moderator

Exclamation Location in profile!

One of the most overlooked requirements to using the AVF Classifieds is the new user NOT filling out the location in their profile.
    This might seem a bit silly , but it helps purchasers in sorting out postage, possible pick-ups etc , and gives them an idea of delivery times. It also takes away a layer of the anonymity the web provides which is important when you are dealing with trust. Its part of being in the community

Now recently a lot of new users are just signing up and hitting the classifieds, while not actively discouraged, its hardly in the spirit of AVF and we ask at the very minimum you at least introduce yourself to the community before pillaging the bargains

We here at AVF are proud of the community , and proud of looking after active members, which is why our classifieds over the years have seen enormous value passed on to buyers .... that is because its more like dealing with Mates than Strangers

You will often find every price on the AVF classies is "Mates Rates " because of this

So to take advantage and NOT get pitchforks up yer arse ... Please read the stickies about how to use the classies

And for those of you on Tapatalk etc who say " I cant add my location to my profile ... stop being nasty to me! " .... well you CAN !

The easiest way is to sign into AVF thru a browser on your mobile device so it gives you a Web View you can then access all the profile inputs and fill them accordingly.

If you use Tapatalk User Crisscross ( fine lady she is ! ) has done the hard yards for you and worked out a walkthrough below !

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    In the iPad version of tapatalk you can select the actual post and using the pop up black option select more and then in the next pop up select view in web browser.

Once in webview you can sign into the forum as normal. Once you sign in through the web view you can access the entire settings so the menu steps are

Settings
    Edit Profile... additional information

I will add some screen shots all of these screens are through my tapatalk.

Pic 1 tapatalk screen
    Pic 2 message selected with first black population
    Pic 3 once you select more in pic 2 you get another grey pop up
    Pic 4 webview
    Pic 5 go to the top of the forum and sign in via the logon boxes
    Pic 6 edit profile........additional information

Alternatively you can sign in through the phones browser and access settings the normal way.
    So now you have no excuse not to sign in with your location filled out

And don't forget , the best part of this community isn't just scoring a deal here in the classies , its about being a PART of that community and helping make it as good as it can be!
    giruvian, gtadmin, BrianS and 10 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    For Android .. even easier ... Thanks to Laurie9300 !

Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    In tapatalk on android you just click the three dots in the top right

And choose web view from the drop down

EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them