Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrianS

Thread: Vaporesso Gemini RTA Certified (Please advise if not permitted)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Vaporesso Gemini RTA Certified (Please advise if not permitted)

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased a few units of the Vaporessa Gemini RTA last Friday just went, they are 3.5ml capacity, each unit comes with spare O rings, Allen key screws, spare pyrex tube and spare narrow hole mouth tip with adapter as the original mouth piece is big hole. I've checked out the 1 unit with the security code and it came out original, I'll be keeping this unit and possible a second.

I've seen some good wright ups about these but didn't want to pay the cost for over sea plus transport as I wasn't able to see any suppliers here at the time, I've obtained these for $33.80 each which includes total cost per units with postal services, I'm offering the units to members here for $43.00 which includes Postal Services $8.25 plus a fraction of the cost for PayPal .95cents (thank you FM on the PP calculator).

As stated by FM in previous thread there are 2 sellers here in Australia that have them listed for under $40 excluding postage.

There is 2 colors available Black and Stainless Steel.

I've only noticed 1 issue which doesn't affect the use of RTA at all. The Allen key is crappy, the one I got in my unit I didn't like does not grip the screws not sure on the other units as they are still in original unopened package from the day I received them.

If anyone is interested or has any questions send me a message. If you live local in Brisbane and want to save a little on postal and PP I'm located at Logan Central.

Photo linked to below,
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the help and guidance FM on loading photo and PP Calculator.

Cheers Possum
    Last edited by possum; 18-04-16 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Updating listing..

AVF Regular
    So you are selling them for more than they cost you
    And charging more for the 4% pp fee and then slugging people for postage

Or am I misreading this
    Dark likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Possum,

You might have overlooked #2 of the rules. To wit,
    2) There is to be no selling of NEW items within the classified section. Only vendors may offer new items for sale and they may not do so within the classified forums, only through vendor forums and subforums.

Now, I'll be the first to confess that I have previously sold a NEW item here (below what it cost me). But, before I posted it for sale, I PM'd Fatman the reason why I was selling a new item and asking for permission to do so.

Hi Jobics, Oh. sorry I wasn't aware of this rule, I'll send Fatman a message. Hey Brian, not sure how you read the listing, I've rounded the cost off to the nearest dollar which is 20cents increase and I've checked the cost for PayPal as well and its 2.6%

Super Moderator
    Hi guys
    Yep the no new items rule is there to basically stop "Psuedo Vendors" from just coming on here and opening up shop or people running private little "co-ops" for profit.
    Its not hard for a person to buy 10 items on Alibaba pretending to be a retailer buy goods for wholesale and pass off at retail all the time pretending to be "just helping vapers out" while actually lining their pockets or paying for their own purchases with the profits from the excess.
    You can still sell new items, but basically they are "used unopened" and pricing is of course up to the seller, but if you are gonna ask people to pay retail here at AVF then a buyer might as well pay retail with a vendor ?
    Its also a good idea to post exactly how MANY units you have , and let the members judge if you are indeed just asking for a solid ... i.e. "I have two extras I bought " might get you some buyer sympathy whereas " I ordered 20 of the buggers" ... probly not so much
    It reveals intent somewhat.

Now, you can of course sell things for retail price , but it would severely limit the amount of people buying them I would think?

I am of course not accusing you of doing this, but just explaining (as asked) the rule and why it is there, people need reminding from time to time

If I bought 6 Ford Falcons because I thought I would like them , and it turns out I didn't , its pretty fair to say I wouldn't get RRP for them if I went to sell them
    Sad fact of life .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Edit your first post you have the pp in $ not %

Super Moderator
    Oh and before the pitchforks get sharpened too much Possum is selling these for a few $$'s BELOW general retail here in Aus ( I just checked )
    Two stores I found them listed at were each $39.80 - 39.99 , so there are some savings to be made.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    PP fees can be simply worked out here The Fee Calculator - Calculate PayPal merchant fees for credit cards

For instance on $45 ( the cost of an atty and postage its actually $1.65)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Hi Jobics, Oh. sorry I wasn't aware of this rule, I'll send Fatman a message. Hey Brian, not sure how you read the listing, I've rounded the cost off to the nearest dollar which is 20cents increase and I've checked the cost for PayPal as well and its 2.6%
    Not a problem. Better read the rules though. Before I read through them, I was guilty of breaking the rule where you have to have your location filled up before you can participate in the forum.

I'm tempted with your item, though. I'm trying to control my shinyitis.

Sorry PPL had to go off line last nite dinner with my child, Cheers FM, for the information on PP I checkout there site couldnt see anything that you provided it just went on the $100 mark, and sharing some light in clearing up this listings of new items on AVF. I'll redo PayPal cost and add photos this afternoon after work. Cheers