Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By captive

Thread: WTB - Something like an Ego One..?

AVF Regular

Red face WTB - Something like an Ego One..?

Pretty sure i like mouth to lung, maybe lung, but not too sure as have never tried straight lung.
    Something easy to get my head around
    plug in usb to charge
    easy to find correct replaceable coils for
    Small

Got going a year ago or so with Vision spinner battery and Kanger pro tank mini 3 before going back to smoking but it seems a bit old and is giving limited action now i am giving vaping a crack again.

So, got an Ego One you'd like to sell, or something that would do a similar job?

or an egrip v2 would be very nice too...
    Last edited by Holy smoke!; 24-05-16 at 11:06 PM. Reason: just learnt of egrip v2. hmpf!

AVF Regular
    These are cheap enough joyetech-ego-aio-quick-start-kit

By all accounts they are an excellent vape. Not endorsing that website btw, it's just the cheapest one on vapeassist.

Make sure you get some spare coils too: Joyetech Cubis Replacement Coils
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks fab.
    Ego AIO looks cool but i thought maybe not much different from current setup.

I guess what i was really WTB was a way to be patient waiting for the post man, and to eliminate the too many choices.
    Ended up ordering a Pico kit and two batteries from above site. Cheap enough.

Unfortunately they did not have chargers available - Q: is it bad to charge these through USB all the time, and how long might that take? I realize chargers are availble easily enough but am curious.
    They also did not have higher coils available for me to try my MTL style on it but i guess i'll close up the air holes with the 0.5ohm coil and see how that goes. (i'm too tight to pay for shipping a few coils from somewhere else)
    Make sense, am i on the right track?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy smoke! View Post
    Thanks fab.
    Ego AIO looks cool but i thought maybe not much different from current setup.

I guess what i was really WTB was a way to be patient waiting for the post man, and to eliminate the too many choices.
    Ended up ordering a Pico kit and two batteries from above site. Cheap enough.

Unfortunately they did not have chargers available - Q: is it bad to charge these through USB all the time, and how long might that take? I realize chargers are availble easily enough but am curious.
    They also did not have higher coils available for me to try my MTL style on it but i guess i'll close up the air holes with the 0.5ohm coil and see how that goes. (i'm too tight to pay for shipping a few coils from somewhere else)
    Make sense, am i on the right track?
    The Pico is an excellent device, and everyone who gets one seems to like it. It's fine to charge the battery in the device, especially as it only takes one. It's not always convenient to do so - I prefer to have a spare battery and a charger so I can vape normally even while a battery is in the charger, however a lot of people prefer to plug the device in for charging. It will probably work as a pass through.

The Melo III though is primarily a DL tank. That means that it might be a bit airy for you if you are trying to use it for MTL. See how you go and if you decide that you want something with a tighter draw for MTL you could look at a Nautilus or even the new Protank IV which is good for both.

Personally, I prefer a lot of air even for those times I want to do MTL. I just take a much slower draw.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 26-05-16 at 10:38 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The airflow adjustment on the Melo 3 tank (pico kit) is fine for MTL on the lowest it is about the same as the T18 tank
    fabricator4 and Holy smoke! like this.

AVF Regular
    This thread can be closed now. (before i start rambling on too much in the classies - wrong place for that?)

Pico kit arrived. I like it.
    MTL with air flow closed up is similar to my protank vision spinner kit. A bit more flavor though.
    Charging is slow through USB, but yes it works as pass through.

The pico kit has done the job well in terms of being able to MTL and try DL as well. The small amount of 0mg juice 50/50 which the vendor gifted got blasted through it DL delivering satisfying results. On the scramble for low nic juice now!

The angst of stinkie cessation has subsided. Rather than through using actual vapor as a means of distraction, i think it was more the distraction of frantically web searching vape hardware and juice info on the forum and other places!
    Nicotine is nothing.